~Laura and Nick~

Anyone watching Larry King?

55 posts in this topic

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Amish society doesn't look anything like the rest of the modern American world and yet there is nothing within that society that is 'abusive' as far as I am aware. It's not what they look like that can be considered problematic. However, a closed society that allows for multiple wives, physical abusive punishments and sexual contact between children and adults is not one that can be allowed to flourish regardless of whether it can be considered a 'religion' or not.

However, having said that it appears that if this court challenge is successful, the children will be separated from their siblings as well as both sets of parents and placed in foster care. Sadly, the foster care situation in Texas is tragic already with many foster children being also subject to abuse. This has the makings of a terrible tragedy for over 400 children.

It looks like a lose/lose situation at the moment to me. How terribly sad.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Those freak a$$ wives from the Yearning for Zion Ranch raid.

They are like robots.

So scripted and insane.

"Our soul purpose is to get our children back"

Over and over and over again.

OMG so freakish.

I saw that. What is wrong with those people. Cults like that cannot seriously be allowed to hide under freedom of religion. And if they can the law needs to change. Freedom of religion should mean freedom to practice, or not, as one pleases. But not freedom to buy 100 of acres of land, create your own town, block the rest of the country from entering and then do as a few people pleases.

The Amish society doesn't look anything like the rest of the modern American world and yet there is nothing within that society that is 'abusive' as far as I am aware.

The Amish are old school but not freakish. Big difference between them and the freaks crying on TV.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Who said there wasn't a big difference? My point was clear and related to Big Dog's 'they only have to look in the mirror' assertion. It is not the way these women dress and adorn themselves that is the problem.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Who said there wasn't a big difference? My point was clear and related to Big Dog's 'they only have to look in the mirror' assertion. It is not the way these women dress and adorn themselves that is the problem.

yes it is. They are freaks. I don't know what is worse though. Your liberal shower once a weak, think everyone else is stupid, drug ######, NYC living freaks or these guys..

Edited by Boo-Yah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

You appear to be accusing me of being a dirty condescending a drug addict. Nice.

You also appear to feel it's ok to judge people on the way they look. Even nicer.

You appear to be accusing me of being a dirty condescending a drug addict. Nice.

You also appear to feel it's ok to judge people on the way they look. Even nicer.

Well i don't know if you are a NYC hippie liberal.

At least I hate them both equally.. :D

Edited by Boo-Yah!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
i watched a little of it. i felt they were saying the same things over and over...we want our childern...they belong with their mothers too. even the way they talked was the same. the same voice. the same way they pronounced words.

my husband kept saying thats not right..america is supose to be a free country. they are not bothering anyone.

i still havent heard why they are keeping the children? i know they are hunting lawyers for them but why?

Because they are practicing polygamy and that is against the law.

Why they are keeping them from their mothers, I'm not sure...I believe they feel there is abuse there.

15 year old kids getting impregnated by 50 year old men...that's gotta be the reason there.

It's pretty simple why they are keeping the children from the mothers- because they were mostly knowing about the abuses and they just looked away and put it "in Gods Hands". I don't care if they really believe what was going on there was right or not.

Children are getting taken away from their families every day and often only one parent was abusive. But if the other parent knew about it and didn't intervene, they are just as guilty.

This is just getting so uch attention because of the high numbers of children removed.

And oh yeah? Where are those so called "men"? Head of the household? Protector of the family? I don't see any of them fighting for their children. To me that speaks volumes!!

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

How are women who are in an abusive situation themselves, cut off from society supposed to object to abuses exactly? Particularly when most of them were also 'born into' this situation and have been fed the line that this kind of behaviour is not only normal but brings them closer to god?

It's pretty simple why they are keeping the children from the mothers- because they were mostly knowing about the abuses and they just looked away and put it "in Gods Hands". I don't care if they really believe what was going on there was right or not.

Children are getting taken away from their families every day and often only one parent was abusive. But if the other parent knew about it and didn't intervene, they are just as guilty.

This is just getting so uch attention because of the high numbers of children removed.

And oh yeah? Where are those so called "men"? Head of the household? Protector of the family? I don't see any of them fighting for their children. To me that speaks volumes!!

Very good point. I think Bin Laden has a better understanding of God than these clowns.

How are women who are in an abusive situation themselves, cut off from society supposed to object to abuses exactly? Particularly when most of them were also 'born into' this situation and have been fed the line that this kind of behaviour is not only normal but brings them closer to god?

Well it is up to the government to stop this from happening. This is the United States of America and their community needs to be reminded, with force if necessary, that they are part of it.