~Laura and Nick~

Anyone watching Larry King?

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
How are women who are in an abusive situation themselves, cut off from society supposed to object to abuses exactly? Particularly when most of them were also 'born into' this situation and have been fed the line that this kind of behaviour is not only normal but brings them closer to god?

If they are THAT brainwashed, then they for sure shouldn't be with their children! The saftey of the children should be priority here!!!

Of course it is sad and dramatic and I feel for these women. In their eyes, they haven't done anything wrong.

But when I saw how they tried to get around certain question, I am haing my doubts on how naive or not they really are.

I have worked with abused children and I have worked with mothers who watched the abuse and didn't do anything. They all have similar excuses and it makes me sick.

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, however, I also believe that these children are in danger of being placed out of the frying pan into the fire. There are better ways of dealing with this situation than simply ripping the mothers and children apart. The group as a whole should be de-programed and then they can start to re-build their relationships. It's more difficult with the fathers, but they should be de-programed separately. If this doesn't happen, this group will find a way of starting again and with feelings of victimisation and validation that 'outsiders' are evil.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

How are women who are in an abusive situation themselves, cut off from society supposed to object to abuses exactly? Particularly when most of them were also 'born into' this situation and have been fed the line that this kind of behaviour is not only normal but brings them closer to god?

If they are THAT brainwashed, then they for sure shouldn't be with their children! The saftey of the children should be priority here!!!

Of course it is sad and dramatic and I feel for these women. In their eyes, they haven't done anything wrong.

But when I saw how they tried to get around certain question, I am haing my doubts on how naive or not they really are.

I have worked with abused children and I have worked with mothers who watched the abuse and didn't do anything. They all have similar excuses and it makes me sick.

Similar excuses? How can anyone who isn't in a 'sect' situation have similar excuses? This isn't a normal case and requires extraodinary measures to cope with it.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

Well, I think they had to do something for these children and I believe, it was the best to get them out. Of course it is scary and 400 children are very confused now.

But- maybe that was the only chance to wake these mothers up. MAYBE (I doubt it), some will start thinking and be willing and able to question their believes and get on the right track. If that is the case, I sure agree, that they should get reunited with their children. But ONLY, if they are turning their backs to this horrible community.

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

AOS, EAD and AP

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Most of the mothers don't want to leave for one reason or another.

I'd rather see the kids being placed in foster homes, than to be made to stay there.

Of course they don't want to leave, they don't know any other life. I don't think there should be an option of 'continue as is' but there are ways to de-program people who have become involved in sects and this should be done as a family. Does anyone really expect that say a 14 year old of one of these women is going to be able to adjust to life in the outside world without having this kind of intervention?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
That's very judgmental.

Yep, it's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

These people are insane.

:thumbs: Very insane,indeed !

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Timeline

Similar excuses? How can anyone who isn't in a 'sect' situation have similar excuses? This isn't a normal case and requires extraodinary measures to cope with it.

Similar doesn't mean they were in a religious cult or anything like that, but a lot of the women I worked with were saying that they believed it was okay what happened. (For whatever crazy reason.)

However, yes, alot of women whos children are getting abused by a father or other male person around, say that they let it happen out of fear or simply because if the man raped the child, he wouldn't rape her, so it was helping them.

And who says, this isn't the case with these women, but subconciously, they use their religion to justify their non-actions? If they grew up in hat invironment, they should know how it feels to be abused as a child or teenager!?

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

AOS, EAD and AP

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

I guess what I am saying is that simply fostering these children is not going to change anything for the better. They are indoctrinated and so are the women. All these people need to be de-programed or nothing will change for them. The very youngest children are being allowed to stay with their mothers and these are the most likely to be able to re adjust quickly if they were not in the abusive environment. The older children have spent years 'learning' the ways of the community and while superficially, they might adopt the ways of the outside, inside they are going to be extremely confused.

Filed: Timeline
Most of the mothers don't want to leave for one reason or another.

I'd rather see the kids being placed in foster homes, than to be made to stay there.

Of course they don't want to leave, they don't know any other life. I don't think there should be an option of 'continue as is' but there are ways to de-program people who have become involved in sects and this should be done as a family. Does anyone really expect that say a 14 year old of one of these women is going to be able to adjust to life in the outside world without having this kind of intervention?

I agree, but if the mother isn't willing to leave in order to keep her children, than what can be done?

Even if they were permitted to keep their children after leaving, what's to stop them from going right back with the child?

I think, in time, a 14 year old could adjust fine.

Timeline

I have just watched a docu about young men, teenagers who were abandoned by those people. I guess they abandon the older boys to make "room" for the girls.

THese young men testified that it took them a little while to adjust to live in the "outside world", but that it took only so long and that they are very glad to be away.

Children have an amazing ability to adjust to knew invironments.

I am NOT saying, this isn't tragic and separating children from their parents is no big deal. It definitley is, but I have to say, at some point they will know that it was for their best.

Just last week I got back in touch with a young girl I had in my foster care group. She and all her siblings got taken away from her mother because the new "dad" was abusive. When I worked there, they were all having a really bad time dealing with the situation, they didn't understand and they were not seeing any wrong in their mom doings.

And last week she writes me, has a child now and a good life and being thankful for what we did for her and that now she sees.

I just wanted to give this as an examle that even a bad and sad situation can turn into something very good.

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

AOS, EAD and AP

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Similar doesn't mean they were in a religious cult or anything like that, but a lot of the women I worked with were saying that they believed it was okay what happened. (For whatever crazy reason.)

However, yes, alot of women whos children are getting abused by a father or other male person around, say that they let it happen out of fear or simply because if the man raped the child, he wouldn't rape her, so it was helping them.

And who says, this isn't the case with these women, but subconciously, they use their religion to justify their non-actions? If they grew up in hat invironment, they should know how it feels to be abused as a child or teenager!?

I am quite surprised at your attitude for someone working in this area. It seems as though you believe that these women are also to blame for the child abuse inflicted by a man if they know about it and don't react by getting out of the situation.

I thought it was well known that abusive people are extremely manipulative and controlling. I also thought that the authorities were pretty understanding of a women's position in an abusive relationship and try to help them, not punish women for being manipulated and controlled themselves?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
i watched a little of it. i felt they were saying the same things over and over...we want our childern...they belong with their mothers too. even the way they talked was the same. the same voice. the same way they pronounced words.

my husband kept saying thats not right..america is supose to be a free country. they are not bothering anyone.

i still havent heard why they are keeping the children? i know they are hunting lawyers for them but why?

I thought that was strange. They all sounded very programmed to me. The hair is what gets me! :wacko: I heard today that the bigger the duck looking thing in front of the head is, the higher regarded they are.

I thought that was strange. They all sounded very programmed to me. The hair is what gets me! :wacko: I heard today that the bigger the duck looking thing in front of the head is, the higher regarded they are.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by Boo-Yah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

I would have thought it was easier to adapt if you have been abandoned by your abusers than if you are one of the girls and therefore central to the activity of the abusers.