~Laura and Nick~

Anyone watching Larry King?

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I am having this attitude because I have been close to abused children and seeing what the abuse did to them, makes me FURIOUS! And hell YES, I make the moms responsible too because they were the only ones who could have done something and didn't! EDIT: In those cases, the mother did not get abused at all, she simply was okay with the fact that the guy left her alone.

Yes, abusers often try to manipiulate or they try to intimidate you, (been through that too) but as an adult you have the responsibility to make sure your child is safe. If your man is doing something to you or your child, you HAVE to leave.

I know, often easier sid than done and a lot of these women are victims too, that's why often the government has to get in those families and get the children (and women) away from the abuser.

Edited by nane1104

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the frustration and of course the answer is that if you know about abuse to your child you should remove yourself from the situation but the fact is that women don't always do that and it's not because they are bad people who condone the actions of the abusers.

Yes, the children should come first, but I just wonder if there are better ways to deal with this in terms of the mother/children relationship, especially in a 'community' abuse situation where this is in all likelihood second even third generation abuse? I can't help feeling that this problem will not just go away if the children are farmed out to foster homes, particularly when the foster situation in Texas is known to be problematic to say the least.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Timeline

I think the only thing that would help, would be tougher laws that protected abused victims.

I've heard horror stories about some abused women, who have gone to police, shelters, etc.

Have gotten restraining orders, have warned the police that if her husband/ex/boyfriend finds her, he'll kill her.

Only to end up being killed anyway.

The whole thing just makes me sick!

Timeline
I understand the frustration and of course the answer is that if you know about abuse to your child you should remove yourself from the situation but the fact is that women don't always do that and it's not because they are bad people who condone the actions of the abusers.

Yes, the children should come first, but I just wonder if there are better ways to deal with this in terms of the mother/children relationship, especially in a 'community' abuse situation where this is in all likelihood second even third generation abuse? I can't help feeling that this problem will not just go away if the children are farmed out to foster homes, particularly when the foster situation in Texas is known to be problematic to say the least.

It would be nice if there was a better way and if the children could stay with their mothers. But if the mothers actually think it's "okay", then what do you want to do? Re-programming? Only works if the person is willing and even then it will take a long time until they will be rehabilitated.

I hope, that some of these women will come to their senses and see what is really going on, but until then, the children need to be protected.

I mean, at some point, someone needed to break that ongoing circle of abuse and getting abused. Because these girls will grow up, have children of their own and have a guy come in and abuse them again...and so on.

It is unfortunate, that Texas is in such bad shape when it comes to foster care, I hope, there will be a good solution long term for these children.

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

AOS, EAD and AP

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

I haven't ever advocated the status quo. I personally find this practice of ritual abuse within a closed society abhorant and it is amazing that by calling it a 'religion' it has been allowed to continue unchecked for as long as it has. However, I am also concerned that unless the authorities address all the issues, not only will the children be failed but the women also.

As far as I can work out, the community hasn't been disbanded and the women can return to their home to continue their practices at some point leading to more children ending up in this situation. Even if the community was disbanded, unless these women are re rehabilitated they will gravitate to an abusive situation once again which solves nothing.

I am sure that de-programing takes a long time and I am not suggesting that while this happens the children should be abandoned to their fate. It seems to me like there is a bigger problem though than simply finding foster homes for 416 children in this case.

Edited by Purple_Hibiscus

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

WHat I don't understand is, how they can only go in there, take the children away but otherwise don't really do anything? At least I haven't seen a lot of action in regards of the practices of polygamy and such.

I thought, polygamy is illegal in the US, why were they allowed to exist for such a long time, freedom of religion can't be an excuse for that!?

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

AOS, EAD and AP

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

I think they needed some form of proof that it was happening. Hearsay isn't good enough, they needed someone to make a complaint, which allegedly happened although the girl who is alleged to have made the call still hasn't been found. I know it seems very bizarre but that seems to be how it happened.

Timeline
I doubt they are legally married

Yeah, that would make sense...

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

AOS, EAD and AP

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline
i watched a little of it. i felt they were saying the same things over and over...we want our childern...they belong with their mothers too. even the way they talked was the same. the same voice. the same way they pronounced words.

my husband kept saying thats not right..america is supose to be a free country. they are not bothering anyone.

i still havent heard why they are keeping the children? i know they are hunting lawyers for them but why?

I thought that was strange. They all sounded very programmed to me. The hair is what gets me! :wacko: I heard today that the bigger the duck looking thing in front of the head is, the higher regarded they are.

the hair gets me too. its very pretty in the back with the braids and whatever but the big thing in the front just kills me.

anyway there was part 2 on tonight and they said they are being taken because of the abuse. they also talked about the "lost boys" where the boys are taken and kicked out on their own. most of those boys are into drugs now. they also talked about the husbands...alot of those woman dont even know where there husband is. he is sent off somewhere to repent and never seen again. then they just re assign a new husband to her.

one of the reports explained that they are only legally married to one wife and the rest are spirital wives in which these wifes are not legally married so they qualify for welfare. this is how they make money.

the 2 woman they always interview that excaped that life said these woman probably are programed to say the right things or they will be in big trouble if they say more then they have been told to say. thats why alot of them have no answers to some of the questions because they were not told how to reply.

me personally i think "sarah" never existed in the first place and the govt made the whole story up to get inside that compound.