Aussielad

What a waste of money for the I-751

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

What a waste of money.....take $600 for nothing....N-400 is comming up,...and NOTHING on the I-751. I belive that this was a scam by the government.

Is there any way you can take this to court????

Oct 29th 2004 -Met online
Oct 29th -First phone call
Dec 25th -She purposed and i said Yes!
May 10th I-130 Packet and Packet 3 sent off to me by the U.S. Consulate
May 16th -Received Packets 1-3 from the U.S. consulate
June 29th -I arrived in Puerto-Rico!
July 2nd -Married in Mayaguez, Puerto-Rico and also got our interview date for September 6th
August 17th -We arrived in Australia to file for Sep. 6th
September 6th - Filed DCF in Sydney and approved 1 hour later!
September 12 -Received my passport with the visa and yellow packet
November 24th -POE.......Guam,USA
December 12, 2005-Green Card arrived in the mail
September 11, 2007 -Filed I-751 on conditions
September 17 -VSC Receives my I-751 and issues NOA1
Oct 10 -Had biometrics taken in San Juan, Puerto Rico ASC
Oct 12 -Touched.
Aug 21, 2008 -Approved!...........finally
Sep 17, 2008 -Mailed off N-400
Oct 22, 2008 -Biometrics taken in San Juan ASC
Feb 12, 2009 -N-400 Interview
Feb 26, 2009 -Oath.....the end.

....................................*What we do in this life will have an echo in the life to come*...............................

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You've "only" been waiting 7 months. Some of us have been waiting a year and more.

If you still haven't been approved after your NOA1 extension expires, and you're willing to pony up the $350 filing fee, you can file a petition for a writ of mandamus in federal court to force CIS's hand. That will take another 4-6 months even if you know what you're doing in federal court (or if you pay even more to an attorney to do it for you).

The way things are working with VSC now, the best you can count on is being approved before your NOA1 extension expires, which I'm pretty sure you will be.

Meh

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

One of the primary aspects in the original Constitution was the concept of "redress of grievances". Or, to petition the gov't over wrongdoings. Unfortunately, American is now a fascist dictatorship. The "justice department" (just us?) is in collusion with the corrupt administration and will do nothing to assist. Should you speak up too loudly, you will be put on the "terror database". Speak louder, and the police will beat you, tazer you, or maybe even kill you. If not, they toss you in jail for "assaulting a police officer" or if you are lucky you get thrown into a soviet style insane asylum because only crazy people think America is anything less then a glorious workers paradise.

I wouldn't trust a lawyer as far as I can throw one, because according (again) to the Constitution:

"If any citizen of the United States shall accept, claim, receive or retain any title of nobility or honour, or shall, without the consent of Congress accept and retain any present, pension, office or emolument of any kind whatever, from any emperor, king, prince or foreign power, such person shall cease to be a citizen of the United States and shall be incapable of holding any office of trust or profit under them, or either of them."

The problem with the above is, all lawyers are members of the "BAR", or "British Accredited Registry". Lawyers that pass "The BAR" are awarded the title of "Esquire" or "Shield Bearer", originating from the "Crown of the City of London". Were this a Commonwealth nation (UK, Australia, New Zealand, etc) you would have better luck. But this is America, where the gov't sees you (and treats you) as an enemy combatant and lawyers will only ask how much "justice" you can afford.

Hope that clarifies things.

May 27, 2009: N-400 Window Opens

June 2, 2008: N-400 Sent

June 3, 2008: N-400 Received at Nebraska Service Center

June 13, 2008: NOA1

June 16, 2008: Biometrics letter

June 24th, 2008: Biometrics Appointment

July 7th, 2008: Called FBI, verified that biometrics check has been completed and returned to USCIS

August 26th, 2008: N-400 Interview Passed

September 18th, 2008: Swearing in, Billings Montana

Send Expedited 14-day passport paperwork???

So,

In other words, you're complaining about the "waste" of money and then trying to "waste" more money by taking it to court?

Yeah thats sounds logical!!! You're a winner now!!

Wait your turn kid. Everyone has to wait one way or another. At least you got some notices, some of us waiting didn't even get ANYT notice from the immigration. Be glad you at least god that.

Feb 2005 - APPROVED for K1 Visa

June - 2005 - Moved to the USA =)

Apr - 2006 - APPROVED AOS Without Interview!!

Feb - 2008 - REMOVAL of conditions!!!!!

02/20/2008 - Package was sent to TSC.

02/25/2008 - Package confirmed received at TSC.

Disclaimer: Hey, YOU! I AM NOT A LAWYER, Everything I say is my opinion based on MY EXPERIENCE.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Where did the OP complain about the wait?

I agree. The conditional card should be valid for three years instead of two.

Well, since this person mentioned the I-751 still in process while the N-400 can soon be filed, is an unspoken complaint of the wait.

I think there shouldnt' be a conditional card at all. It does seem to be way too many steps to get to the end of it all.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Where did the OP complain about the wait?

I agree. The conditional card should be valid for three years instead of two.

Well, since this person mentioned the I-751 still in process while the N-400 can soon be filed, is an unspoken complaint of the wait.

I think there shouldnt' be a conditional card at all. It does seem to be way too many steps to get to the end of it all.

So the solution? File your citizenship and then later as a citizen fight to change it!

The I-751 right now can amount to little more than an immigrant tax, accept that and live with it - nothing you can do about it right now so might as well just look forward to the time when you can change it.

I-751 Process

=============

03/11/08 - Check Cashed by TSC, invalid SRC# on back along with a VLCXX reference.

03/31/08 - Had infopass appointment, got I-551 stamp and Trackable receipt number

04/09/08 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter.

04/18/08 - Biometrics Appointment 10am.

04/18/08 - Transferred to Vermont from TSC

06/16/08 - Online Status reports transfer received by Vermont

11/03/08 - Online Status Shows Touched!

01/13/09 - Online Status Shows Touched!

01/20/09 - Approved!

01/26/09 - New Card Received!

N-400 Process

=============

12/29/08 - Application mailed to TSC

12/30/08 - Arrived at TSC - Forwarded to Nat. Ben. Ctr, TX

12/31/08 - Arrived at Nat. Ben. Ctr, TX

01/02/09 - Priority Date

01/05/09 - NOA1 Mailed

01/06/09 - Check Cashed

01/09/09 - NOA1 Received (Priority Date of 01/02/09, Some data missing from form)

01/10/09 - Case Touched!

01/27/09 - Duplicate NOA1 Received (Missing Data filled in, was mailed on 01/24/09)

02/28/09 - Interview Letter Received

04/06/09 - Naturalization interview

04/06/09 - Interview Passed!

04/22/09 - Oath Ceremony!

04/22/09 - US Citizen at Last!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
So,

In other words, you're complaining about the "waste" of money and then trying to "waste" more money by taking it to court?

Wait your turn kid. Everyone has to wait one way or another. At least you got some notices, some of us waiting didn't even get ANYT notice from the immigration. Be glad you at least god that.

Well have you got $600 to just waste, then all of a sudden have to afford another $600+ for the N-400 when nothing has been heard of on the first $600 you just spent??? because now the I-751 has basically caught up with the N-400, which means another large amount of money to be spent.

And i sure hope that the N-400 isn't the same case.

Yeah others have been waiting a year, but every case is individual, and some people, if they really want to know about whats happening with their case, is to get a congressman/senator involved.

Oct 29th 2004 -Met online
Oct 29th -First phone call
Dec 25th -She purposed and i said Yes!
May 10th I-130 Packet and Packet 3 sent off to me by the U.S. Consulate
May 16th -Received Packets 1-3 from the U.S. consulate
June 29th -I arrived in Puerto-Rico!
July 2nd -Married in Mayaguez, Puerto-Rico and also got our interview date for September 6th
August 17th -We arrived in Australia to file for Sep. 6th
September 6th - Filed DCF in Sydney and approved 1 hour later!
September 12 -Received my passport with the visa and yellow packet
November 24th -POE.......Guam,USA
December 12, 2005-Green Card arrived in the mail
September 11, 2007 -Filed I-751 on conditions
September 17 -VSC Receives my I-751 and issues NOA1
Oct 10 -Had biometrics taken in San Juan, Puerto Rico ASC
Oct 12 -Touched.
Aug 21, 2008 -Approved!...........finally
Sep 17, 2008 -Mailed off N-400
Oct 22, 2008 -Biometrics taken in San Juan ASC
Feb 12, 2009 -N-400 Interview
Feb 26, 2009 -Oath.....the end.

....................................*What we do in this life will have an echo in the life to come*...............................

Timeline
One of the primary aspects in the original Constitution was the concept of "redress of grievances". Or, to petition the gov't over wrongdoings. Unfortunately, American is now a fascist dictatorship. The "justice department" (just us?) is in collusion with the corrupt administration and will do nothing to assist. Should you speak up too loudly, you will be put on the "terror database". Speak louder, and the police will beat you, tazer you, or maybe even kill you. If not, they toss you in jail for "assaulting a police officer" or if you are lucky you get thrown into a soviet style insane asylum because only crazy people think America is anything less then a glorious workers paradise.

I wouldn't trust a lawyer as far as I can throw one, because according (again) to the Constitution:

"If any citizen of the United States shall accept, claim, receive or retain any title of nobility or honour, or shall, without the consent of Congress accept and retain any present, pension, office or emolument of any kind whatever, from any emperor, king, prince or foreign power, such person shall cease to be a citizen of the United States and shall be incapable of holding any office of trust or profit under them, or either of them."

The problem with the above is, all lawyers are members of the "BAR", or "British Accredited Registry". Lawyers that pass "The BAR" are awarded the title of "Esquire" or "Shield Bearer", originating from the "Crown of the City of London". Were this a Commonwealth nation (UK, Australia, New Zealand, etc) you would have better luck. But this is America, where the gov't sees you (and treats you) as an enemy combatant and lawyers will only ask how much "justice" you can afford.

Hope that clarifies things.

And you are trying to bring your loved one to such a country! How stupid are you? :bonk:

Just kidding, we all feel your pain and frustration but I got a kick out of it - sometimes we have to laugh at our own misery - makes us a better person. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
So,

Well have you got $600 to just waste, then all of a sudden have to afford another $600+ for the N-400 when nothing has been heard of on the first $600 you just spent??? because now the I-751 has basically caught up with the N-400, which means another large amount of money to be spent.

Yeah others have been waiting a year, but every case is individual, and some people, if they really want to know about whats happening with their case, is to get a congressman/senator involved.

Maybe this is a silly question, because I am the USC and my fiance doesn't intend to file for citizenship, but: Isn't the I-751 to remove conditions from the 2 year card and receive a 10 year green card? If so, then you aren't required to file for citizenship right away, no? It seems that the choice to file for citizenship right away is one made by the LPR, not a scam by the government.

Of course it's frustrating. This whole process is frustrating. We filed last July and are just now getting our interview for the K1, while there are people who filed in January who will have their interview before us. It's just the way it works.

I'm not trying to be an a$$ just saying that no one is forcing you to file for citizenship. Though, I agree with Jomo's Girl, it should be a 3 year card. It's a lot of money at one time anyway, since the point from AOS to removing conditions is taking longer.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline
So,

Maybe this is a silly question, because I am the USC and my fiance doesn't intend to file for citizenship, but: Isn't the I-751 to remove conditions from the 2 year card and receive a 10 year green card? If so, then you aren't required to file for citizenship right away, no? It seems that the choice to file for citizenship right away is one made by the LPR, not a scam by the government.

Of course it's frustrating. This whole process is frustrating. We filed last July and are just now getting our interview for the K1, while there are people who filed in January who will have their interview before us. It's just the way it works.

I'm not trying to be an a$$ just saying that no one is forcing you to file for citizenship. Though, I agree with Jomo's Girl, it should be a 3 year card. It's a lot of money at one time anyway, since the point from AOS to removing conditions is taking longer.

It's probably worth noting that up until 1986, there was no such thing as a conditional LPR for immigrant spouses of US citizens. Once you got your initial green card, that was it.

In 1986, however, there was an outcry about "marriage fraud" ostensibly supported by an INS survey showing that 30% or more of marriages from which immigrants obtained green cards were fraudulent. So Congress passed the Immigration Marriage Fraud Amendments that year requiring INS to grant green cards conditionally for a two-year period.

It later turned out that the INS survey was invalid and unreliable for several reasons, and that the number of fraudulent marriages was actually much lower, probably somewhere along the lines of one to two percent.

But all of that is academic now . . . .

In any event, a three-year card with the option of either removing conditions or going straight to citizenship (assuming such a thing is feasible at more than first blush) would require an act of Congress, not some rule change by CIS.

Meh

Timeline

I think the true impetus behind this shakedown was the feminist knee-jerk response to the skyrocketing amount of K-series visas, and the advent of the domestic "marriage strike" (google it, its real).

With 70% of all divorces initiated by the female, blood banks reporting 30% paternity fraud, 90% of all child custody disputes in favor of the mother, and the rabidly anti-father "family court", the slaves (men) have begun to jump the fence and head for greener pastures.

Basically, feminism is communism. If there is one thing communists hate, its competition on level ground. Part 2 of the attack was the IMBRA fiasco that requires men to file a police background check before they can so much as email a lady overseas. A blatant attack on our Constitutional right to free association.

Should any group of men stand up and point out the 757% increase in female prison inmate population since the 1970's, then demand that all marriage licenses in America have a mandatory requirement for background checks for females, the feminist shrieking would be monumentally ear shattering.

The foreign wife issue has the potential to "go viral", and the feminists know it. When I walk down the street with my foreign bride, men constantly stop and stare, and you can see the gears working in their heads. "How did this fat ugly SOB get such a hot wife?". Then they hear her accent and think, "Ah! He got a foreign wife...maybe I can too!".

Anyhow, if the U.S. gov't were SERIOUS about "fraudulent immigration", they would start with the 35+ million illegals tearing our middle class to shreds. But then again, you cant have communism without a huge peasant underclass. I just hope to be out of America before the "Plan of San Diego" kicks off. If you don't know what that plan is, here's a hint: "Every Norteamericano over sixteen years of age shall be put to death; and only the aged men, the women, and the children shall be respected"

Edited by Gulskjegg

July 7th, 2008: Called FBI, verified that biometrics check has been completed and returned to USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
I think the true impetus behind this shakedown was the feminist knee-jerk response to the skyrocketing amount of K-series visas, and the advent of the domestic "marriage strike" (google it, its real).

With 70% of all divorces initiated by the female, blood banks reporting 30% paternity fraud, 90% of all child custody disputes in favor of the mother, and the rabidly anti-father "family court", the slaves (men) have begun to jump the fence and head for greener pastures.

Basically, feminism is communism. If there is one thing communists hate, its competition on level ground. Part 2 of the attack was the IMBRA fiasco that requires men to file a police background check before they can so much as email a lady overseas. A blatant attack on our Constitutional right to free association.

Should any group of men stand up and point out the 757% increase in female prison inmate population since the 1970's, then demand that all marriage licenses in America have a mandatory requirement for background checks for females, the feminist shrieking would be monumentally ear shattering.

The foreign wife issue has the potential to "go viral", and the feminists know it. When I walk down the street with my foreign bride, men constantly stop and stare, and you can see the gears working in their heads. "How did this fat ugly SOB get such a hot wife?". Then they hear her accent and think, "Ah! He got a foreign wife...maybe I can too!".

Anyhow, if the U.S. gov't were SERIOUS about "fraudulent immigration", they would start with the 35+ million illegals tearing our middle class to shreds. But then again, you cant have communism without a huge peasant underclass. I just hope to be out of America before the "Plan of San Diego" kicks off. If you don't know what that plan is, here's a hint: "Every Norteamericano over sixteen years of age shall be put to death; and only the aged men, the women, and the children shall be respected"

wow you manage to totally misunderstand feminism and communism, misread america as moving towards communism and completely insult everyone who is married to a foreigner in one post :wow: I give you a round of applause. I didn't know such a thing was possible.

The UK Wiki

Timeline

I back up my assertions with cold hard numbers.

Would you care to do likewise, or at least refute the evidence?

Or is your post just a hit and run with no substance?

Either way is fine with me, but the facts stand on their own, but here's a parting thought.

"In her article The Planned Destruction of the Family, Erin Pizzey touches on the fact that the rhetoric and tactics of radical feminists are firmly rooted in communist ideological traditions (including terrorism - that includes terrorist bombings). In my mind the tactics and strategies of the radical feminists differ little from those used by the Nazis in the twenties and the early thirties to squelch their political opponents in their quest for power."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Erin Pizzey has also said, "Men are gentle, honest and straightforward. Women are convoluted, deceptive and dangerous."

I think it's too bad that being a misogynist doesn't disqualify one as a petitioner under IMBRA.

Edited by Jenn!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.