Rocketta

Non-Muslims married to Muslim MENA

463 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
Then let it be KNOWN to the POE officer and the interviewing officer.

They did and they are fine with it. My husband told me also that in Egypt they never go to the courts to register their marriage, they just have it in the mosques so apparently the entire population in Egypt is wrong and VW is right. :wacko: UGH I wish he'd finish his cigarette break so I can get out of this topic!

Bridget, TOTALLY out of curiousity, not starting anything, but was your marriage registered in egypt?

Yes it was BUT it was also before they changed the ruling on marrying Americans. If I had been there after that ruling existed we would have gotten married at the mosque like mohammed and melinda and filed the K-1. Actually I wish we had done that since then we wouldn't have had to just shell out $340 for the EAD application and he could have just gotten it stamped for FREE at the POE! I think that's so ridiculous that the K-1's get it for free and we have to pay! But that's another thread and habibi is done with his cigarette so it's time to introduce him to Costco and Target! :dance::dance::dance:

yeah I understand the problem with the consulate there, but then my question would be, why not just file the K1 and wait until your fiance gets here to do the whole legal/spiritual marriage like everyone else who files a K1?

just thinking aloud here, not picking on anyone, but you know that of course dont you?

and have a blast at costco, get one of those chocolate cakes!

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
VW your facts will always weigh more than the (in my opinion or i guess, or i think) BUT in the end each will only still have the mind set they were born and raised with. You presented the facts now just let all make their own choices as they see for themselves, thats all anyone can do with something like this.

why do her facts weigh more? Because she's better at English? Trust me if Mohammed's english were more eloquent it would be a better debate but VW has the upper hand only because of her English ability. It's totally not a fair debate when one's mother tongue is not English and that's the only language available to debate in.

No, it's not that. I believe you misinterpreted what was said and I'm addressing it because I believe that's the crux of the problem with this thread.

"VW your facts will always weigh more than the (in my opinion or i guess, or i think)" means just that: Facts prove a point whereas statements such as "in my opinion," or "I guess," or "I think" won't. I can walk into my doctor's office and tell him "in my opinion" or "I guess" or "I think" I have a specific health problem, but my doctor would not - and should not! - take my opinion, guess, or thought on face value and start treating the affliction I presented. Instead, my doctor will run a series of tests, lay out a set of facts, then make a learned diagnosis. I could not take seriously any physician who would take my own self-assessments seriously. I want a doctor who will examine evidence and then costruct a proper course of treatment. I have standards about the quality of health care I expect. The very same set of standards, if not higher standards, should be set for anyone who questions the validity of someone's act of faith/acting within their faith. If someone questioned me do not doubt that I, too, would insist on a finger pointed to specific words in my Book that prove I'm wrong. We have that duty to ourselves and we have that duty to God.

This thread has become a whole lot of "in my opinion" and "I guess" and "I think" (usually followed by a series of attacks) and very little - if any - facts to support opinions, guesses, and whatever someone may think. It's such a shame, too. Not entirely because of the ugliness (Who said, "God doesn't make ugly"?!) but because, IN MY OPINION, sisters have a duty to look out for each other. Not just Muslim sisters, or Christian sisters, but all sisters.

Could we have a little more love, please?

And bobcorn. I'm out. And broke.

I have used proof, but it's all over 3 threads.

we know we cant do that ! It is in egypt only!

Then, shut up about it already.

Then let it be KNOWN to the POE officer and the interviewing officer.

They did and they are fine with it. My husband told me also that in Egypt they never go to the courts to register their marriage, they just have it in the mosques so apparently the entire population in Egypt is wrong and VW is right. :wacko: UGH I wish he'd finish his cigarette break so I can get out of this topic!

Bridget, TOTALLY out of curiousity, not starting anything, but was your marriage registered in egypt?

Yes it was BUT it was also before they changed the ruling on marrying Americans. If I had been there after that ruling existed we would have gotten married at the mosque like mohammed and melinda and filed the K-1. Actually I wish we had done that since then we wouldn't have had to just shell out $340 for the EAD application and he could have just gotten it stamped for FREE at the POE! I think that's so ridiculous that the K-1's get it for free and we have to pay! But that's another thread and habibi is done with his cigarette so it's time to introduce him to Costco and Target! :dance::dance::dance:

Melinda and mohamed didn't marry in a mosque. They signed a nikah in a lawyer's office. Why do people keep saying that they married in a mosque? Is that the impression you have been given?

Edited by Virtual wife

Are you speaking to me? I'm not going to read/re-read three entire threads in order to be sure, but I don't recall much in the way of guesswork on your part. You're one of the few, the proud, the FACTUAL. You are also one of the few capable of separating culture, religion, what "my husband" says, and whatever "the internet" says.

Timeline

Are you speaking to me? I'm not going to read/re-read three entire threads in order to be sure, but I don't recall much in the way of guesswork on your part. You're one of the few, the proud, the FACTUAL. You are also one of the few capable of separating culture, religion, what "my husband" says, and whatever "the internet" says.

Ok, so what do you I owe you because you don't process what you read very well?

Nada.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
VW your facts will always weigh more than the (in my opinion or i guess, or i think) BUT in the end each will only still have the mind set they were born and raised with. You presented the facts now just let all make their own choices as they see for themselves, thats all anyone can do with something like this.

why do her facts weigh more? Because she's better at English? Trust me if Mohammed's english were more eloquent it would be a better debate but VW has the upper hand only because of her English ability. It's totally not a fair debate when one's mother tongue is not English and that's the only language available to debate in.

This from me had nothing to do with anyones english, or actually in ref to him at all, there are others on here that if you look back everytime you will see in my opinion, i think etc or all the pages of cut and past from other sites where these people also were giving their opinions. EVERYONE will have a opinion that is right for themselves. You can take ANY fact any at all and someone will see it differently at some point. Take a pepper this pepper is well know to be the HOTTEST pepper in the world. Give it to number 1 person and he might say oh that is correct it is so hot as the facts state. Give it to another, he tries it and says what this is nothing to what i am used to, these facts must be stated incorrectly and someone is lying To each they have stated the correctness for themselves basted on what they just knew from their experience nothing more or nothing less...we each have a opinion and the english has been good enough to do name calling this time and also in the past. This can go on and on and on and no ones going to change

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline

yeah I understand the problem with the consulate there, but then my question would be, why not just file the K1 and wait until your fiance gets here to do the whole legal/spiritual marriage like everyone else who files a K1?

Good question that deserves an answer. :thumbs:

Nada.

Nothing, but I do promise I will never publicly agree with you again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Nada.

that's a bit sharp, geg. :blink:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Conversely, why marry in a MENA country without knowing what you're getting yourself into? Both religion and law govern marriages. Sure, make absolutely sure your marriage is "right" within your own faith. However, isn't it just as important to look at the legal implications of a marriage?

Timeline

Nada.

that's a bit sharp, geg. :blink:

I may be on insult-intake overload, bro, with all that coming at me. I read the response as sarcasm. Rereading, it's clear I owe Ihave questions an apology for the misunderstanding.

I am so sorry! Sincerely, Sofi
Edited by Virtual wife

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

V_W give it a rest.

Yur post are boring, repetitive, and those of someone who has forgotten how to think...almost like those reforms mormons in Texas. Like a parrot. Take your soapbox to a street corner or something.

\

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Timeline
V_W give it a rest.

Yur post are boring, repetitive, and those of someone who has forgotten how to think...almost like those reforms mormons in Texas. Like a parrot. Take your soapbox to a street corner or something.

\

I am considering the source . . .

. . . and, having done so, will continue to post as I please.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.