rachbel

proof of having met in person.

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi evrybody , we are new to this useful website, thanks for evrybody giving help to others . Me and my fiancee have just sent the I-129F package, we got the first notice of action:I-797 . We have a question concerning the proof documents, we sent 4 photos 2dated on 2006 and 2 dated on 2007, 4emails, 2 bank exchange transcript , copies of 3 post mails , copy of medical tests certificate made in Morocco.passport stams 2006 and 2007. boarding pass copies 2006 and 2007. payment receipt of a coffee shop and last 3 months phone call bills and i want mention that these bills show that we wer in contact evryday via phone sometimes even 2 or 3 times a day.

i hope that can be enough, did we make a good package as to proof of having met in person ? i wish i can hear from you . thanks much for your advises and all the help you give.Belrach.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hi evrybody , we are new to this useful website, thanks for evrybody giving help to others . Me and my fiancee have just sent the I-129F package, we got the first notice of action:I-797 . We have a question concerning the proof documents, we sent 4 photos 2dated on 2006 and 2 dated on 2007, 4emails, 2 bank exchange transcript , copies of 3 post mails , copy of medical tests certificate made in Morocco.passport stams 2006 and 2007. boarding pass copies 2006 and 2007. payment receipt of a coffee shop and last 3 months phone call bills and i want mention that these bills show that we wer in contact evryday via phone sometimes even 2 or 3 times a day.

i hope that can be enough, did we make a good package as to proof of having met in person ? i wish i can hear from you . thanks much for your advises and all the help you give.Belrach.

welcome to vj........all u need to show proof u met in person with in the last two years.........pics.. photo copy of tickets or boarding pass......copies of ur entry and exit stamps on ur passport we photo copied each page of my passport...and his....letter of intent to marry.........a couple of emails and four or five chats.........its been a while but i think that is all we sent

good luck on ur journey and may it be swift and problem free

Edited by estadia

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

First of all, Welcome to VJ, :)

What you have included in your petition i think were enough already, i am thinking if you still have something more proofs left to you ? i hope you made some copies and not sent all the originals in your petition as you might need it also with the beneficiary's interview as evidences or proofs of your relationship.

680013czit0tji3l.gif

Edited by SHAPE OF MY HEART

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Welcome to VJ and the MENA forum !

Well.... the dated photos, the emails, letters, phone records, and boarding passes are all excellent evidence -- you have done very well in providing substantial proof of meeting. :thumbs:

I don't want to scare you, but if the bank exchange transcripts you mention refer to money being exchanged between you guys (in either direction) -- well, that can *possibly* be considered "not" a good thing. Some consulates get suspicious of what may possibly look to them like "payments for services" being made. Don't panic -- just be prepared to give a reasonable explanation for this.

You're in a great place for information and advice. Best of luck in your visa journey !

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

yup i think you submitted enough evidence. goodluck to you!

i wasnt a vj member yet when we submitted our I-129 package.. so we weren't able to include copies of email and phone bills :crying: though my fiance submitted photocopies of boarding pass, receipts, letters.. and printed a number of photos too. hope that would be enough for csc...

GOODLUCK EVERYBODY! :D

Timeline

hi thanks much for welcoming me here, feel like am among my family :). concerning the bank taranscript we sent, it does not show that the money was exchanged between us, it's just a bulletin bank showing that my fiancee has exchanged the currency for her own use, and the bulletin show only her name . i hope it'll be clear that it was not an exchange of money between us. and i think evrybody coming to Morocco has to change his currency. thanks much for yor notice :).

Timeline

thank you much for ur message , and yes we did sure include the copies of the visa stamps and flight tickets too :) . thanks you again for your note:) and wish you good luck too.

Timeline

hi thanks much for ur note, we still have all the photos we made with the family ,emails and chat , phone records and post mails but dating right after we filed the package so this helps i think in justifying that our relation is still going and serious . is that what you mean with your note ? We ent only copies we still keep all the originals. thanks again much for your note and for welcoming me :).

Timeline

hi , thanks much for ur message, i wish you the same good luck and success, i think you still have the chance to show all the rest of evidence at the interview . dont worry evrything will be fine at the end:). thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We got our k1 visa's 2 days ago in Juarez Mexico :) We took a foto album and they looked through 4 pages of it and thats all they asked for on top of emails,phone logs, passport stamps, and airline tix copies. Im not sure how the consulate where your heading will be but all that info was enough for us. good luck.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

When it comes to submitting "evidence" it's important to be very clear what is evidence of what. Emails and other evidence of communication do not prove you met. Neither do money exchange receipts that don't bear names.

Communication evidence is about the bona fides of your marriage, not "meeting in person". You will need that at the interview stage.

Yes, you sent enough evidence. The bording passes and passport stamps would have been sufficient. Good luck.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think it's better to show a little bit of everything - it's good you're sending 4 pictures (among everything else) instead of 40.

We separated our packet into "meeting in person" and "ongoing relationship".

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.