Chamy and Gatita

evidence of meeting

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Regarding evidence of meeting and having a real relationship, what do you all suggest? Here is what I have:

I bought my plane tickets online, and tossed my boarding passes. But I do have the itineraries from 2 trips, as well as the stamps on my passport.

Most stuff I paid for in cash, I have only one credit card receipt for a hotel, but there's no reference to 2 people or my fiance.

The photos I took- I dont know how to get them to print with the date on them. I tried to figure it out .... I have about 7 pictures of us together, plus one of me and his mom, spanning 2 separate trips.

His mom and boss wrote letters saying they are happy we are getting married and that they met me while i was there. A mutual friend (American) did the same. My uncle, a minister, wrote a letter on church letterhead saying that he will be marrying us when my fiance gets here.

I have emails and phone bills too.

Any other ideas? Is this enough?

Thanks a lot.....after reading the RFE thread, I just really don't want to go there!

4.25.08: sent K-1 application

4.28.08: NOA1

5.14.08: touched

9.25.08: touched

9.26.08: touched

9.26.08: NOA2

10.2.08: at NVC, letter says our application will be sent to Guayaquil in one week

10.9.08: spoke with consulate, they have our case

10.13.08: Doctor's appointment

10.20.08: Interview READ THE REVIEWS!

10.30.08: entry: Los Angeles

11.12.08: marriage

11.25.08: applied for Social Security card. READ THE vj GUIDE!

12.3.08: packet and letter for interview arrived at fiance's mail in Ecuador- for 10.20 interview! ha ha!

12.5.08: received SS card in mail

1.9.09: sent AOS/EAD/AP applications

2.10.09: Biometrics appt, Sacramento CA

3.15.09: AP recieved in mail

3.26.09: EAD recieved in mail

3.26.09: AOS interview, Sacramento, CA

4.09.09: Permanent Resident card received in mail

3.11.11: Mailed I-751 to CSC

3.14.11: I-751 received by CSC per USPS tracking

3.14.11: NOA date (received in mail on 3.19) one year extension

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Regarding evidence of meeting and having a real relationship, what do you all suggest? Here is what I have:

I bought my plane tickets online, and tossed my boarding passes. But I do have the itineraries from 2 trips, as well as the stamps on my passport.

Most stuff I paid for in cash, I have only one credit card receipt for a hotel, but there's no reference to 2 people or my fiance.

The photos I took- I dont know how to get them to print with the date on them. I tried to figure it out .... I have about 7 pictures of us together, plus one of me and his mom, spanning 2 separate trips.

His mom and boss wrote letters saying they are happy we are getting married and that they met me while i was there. A mutual friend (American) did the same. My uncle, a minister, wrote a letter on church letterhead saying that he will be marrying us when my fiance gets here.

Thanks a lot.....after reading the RFE thread, I just really don't want to go there!

it sounds like u have enough..........u just have to prove u were there together and have met.........and both be eligible to marry as in not already married.........ur passport stamps shows that it was with in the last two years so that proves u went there............so looks like ur good to go :)

Maybe the airline company can do something for you. To show that you boarded the plane. An Itinerarie doesn't prove that you actually went on the plane.

beach_1_001.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Maybe the airline company can do something for you. To show that you boarded the plane. An Itinerarie doesn't prove that you actually went on the plane.

Passport stamps prove you were in the country. Nobody cares whether you flew or swam.

Frankly, I'd skip most or all of the letters you mentioned. They might be good to have in your back pocket for the interview but are not needed with the fiance petition. They don't prove you met. The pictures will be fine without dates.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You can write the names of the people, the place and dates on the back of the pictures with pen or pencil. An itinerary is all I had submitted - so its not what evidence is best but what's enough for the examiner. (I didn't submit letters, hotel bills or anything else - just two pictures of us together with a copy of the itinerary). You do what makes you comfortable. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I sent my passport (photocopy) with stamps and also the receipts and itinieraries that were all emailed to me after I purchased my ticket online. I also sent 5 photos. I didn't go overboard and I hope that's ok!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

They're only at this point strictly interested in your primary evidence that you were actually together. Use your passport stamps and the itineraries, that's proof enough. Send in the hotel bill receipt too.

I sent in a bunch of secondary evidence with mine just in case it helped (the letters and photos and whatnot), but if you're not going to see your SO until you've actually got the visa, you might want to hang onto a few of these items until the interview. They want to see evidence of ongoing relationship then; maybe they wouldn't be so impressed if you only showed them a bunch of stuff that they'd already seen. (though presumably by the time of the interview you will have more emails/phone bills at least).

I would send in a little bit of secondary but that's just me. At least a couple pictures. Mine weren't dated, I just estimated the date and location on the back in pencil.

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Your passport with the stamps on them are enough proof that you were in the country. The flight itinerary will also be good to include. If you don't have dated photos you can just send in the ones you have. Make sure you write a nice circumstance of meeting letter of how you met her.

Its all for LOVE..

K1-JOURNEY

06/07/07 - I-129F Mailed.

01/10/08 - NOA2 hard copy received

01/18/08 - NVC forward to BKK Embassy

02/12/08 - Police records obtained

03/01/08 - Mailed Packet 3 back via EMS mail.

04/02/08 - Packet 4 received

04/23/08 - Medical Exam.

06/03/08 - Interview PASSED!!

06/05/08 - Visa in hand

06/14/08 - POE SFO

08/14/08 - MARRIED

AOS-JOURNEY

11/17/08 - AOS Packet Mailed.

11/19/08 - Packet delivered.

12/01/08 - NOA received for EAD and AOS dated 11/26

01/06/09 - Placed SR for no Biometric.

01/10/09 - Biometric 01/23/09

02/23/09 - EAD card received

03/23/09 - AOS interview 04/22/09

04/22/09 - Interview AOS approved!

05/04/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

LOC-JOURNEY

01/26/11 - I-751 Mailed.

04/18/11 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

This is what we sent as proof of meeting:

Copy of Brazilian visas from passport

Copy of stamped entries into Brazil

Copy of teaching certificate from Brazil

Copy of both sides of Brazilian residency card with translation

Copy of Flight Coupons and the itinerary from last trip

Receipt from hotel and business card with translation

Pictures (6) from 2004 to 2006

We also sent proof of ongoing relationship. I think it's better to send a little bit of everything, also gives you peace of mind that you did what you had to, you know?

We had one affidavit from a friend about our ongoing relationship - maybe only one will do for you too.

Good luck!

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.