a-jeanne

He's Finally Coming Home!

13 posts in this topic

Well - we have made it! Phil had his interview in London this morning. I have his account of his experience at the Embassy. We are so elated - I can't describe it. Finally! Thanking everyone who has helped us in any way, shape or form and thanking everyone for just being here on this site. This is the chapter that we were so waiting to close and are ready to open the new one for the start of our wonderful life together.

Hiya Honeybunch -

So what do you think - am I coming across the water?? You bet I am - I should have the Visa in 3 or 4 days so we can then carry on with the rest of our lives after that eh? So I will be on that plane on the 18th have no fear!

It wasn't easy however??!!

Well first and foremost its paperwork gees why do people insist on it?

I get to the embassy at about 8:15 so ok there is already a queue of about 30 people argggghh and this is outside in the street. So I walk up to the high biz jacketed security person and she says, “Where's your appointment letter?” "My what"??!! “Appointment letter” she repeats. "No idea" I reply. And I really hadn't. I did not recall you putting it in the packet and I am sure it does not state on it anywhere to bring it with you. So I give the security person all the copy docs coz I know I wont find it and nor does she!! Now what?? She looks on her list of people turning up "More paperwork" I thought. Anyway of course I am nowhere to be seen on her list so she then says ok go to this website at that cafe down the road and print off your application letter and MRV whatever that is?? So off I trot with time ticking by and the queue getting longer.

I get on line but can I log in? NO! Why? Because there are so many people trying to do the same thing that it will take several attempts so after 5 or 6 minutes and $10 worse off I still haven't been able to log on. So I am now thinking this it, I come up to London, a place I hate, been ripped off and have no visa “What’s Audrey going to say to that!!??”

Right. Anyway I have another look in our UPS folder where everything has stayed for the past month, almost, and notice a folded up bit of paper in the bottom of this folder. Well you have guessed it!! It was my appointment letter – I knew that you were organized. So back I trot having made it to 9 am with yet getting inside the embassy!! Still have no idea what an MRV is but at least I could show the letter which let me in to the 2nd barrier after another 20 minutes of queuing so its now approx 9.15. I say approximately because the embassy does not allow cell phones and I don’t wear watches so there's no obvious time pieces around. I leave my bunch of keys at the 2nd security gate and head to the embassy visa section. At last but now what am I presented with?? (after collecting my "you are next number ticket" from reception) a bloody great room full of people all watching screens telling them when there number is up Christ I am going to be here until Thursday!!

Anyway I am no longer very calm after the ridiculous waste of time over an appointment letter so I sit down to wait my turn. They Visa centre is dealing with 4 different visa types Immigrant which was like me, Non immigrant which I assume is work permits?? E Visa whatever that is?? and DHS whatever that is? The most dominant was non immigrant and they seemed to go through reasonably fast probably 1 every 5 minutes. The numbering ticket system were 1000s for non-immigrant and 5000s for immigrant. My number was 5015 and when I sat down 5003 was on the screen so after some 35 minutes or so I worked out it would take about 20 minutes to get initially called to check paperwork and then a further 10 minutes to the interview so two booths were doing 5000 numbers so I reckoned 2 hours at least.

I get called to the first window (Its like getting a train ticket from the ticket office) and the very nice young man asks me for various forms which of course I am now in a complete muddle in my efforts to find the useless appointment letter so I spend at least a million years trying to get the forms he wants. He was very helpful saying there it is "where"? This farce went on for about 15 minutes but he was very patient until he flawed by asking for an additional picture!! That I knew I didn't have!! So he said after a few painfully slow moments when I thought the process was going to end, he said "Oh never mind I will just take a copy of this one" So I eventually finished at that window and then went to sit down to wait to be summoned to another window for the interview proper. They handed me a big envelope and said “that’s your X-ray, take that with you, but your medical was fine?? So you will be able to see my heart soon!!

Another 15 minutes go by and I am called to window 16 one along from where I had been some 20 minutes before!! This lady is extremely pleasant and asks when I met you and how so I explained the Sound Devices connection. She then asked had I been over since and also asked if you had been to the UK. She then said she needed to retain the passport as a visa had been granted and she congratulated me. But I was suddenly askance she's taking my passport Why?? Because we print the visa into the passport - What!! But I need my passport in 3 days time to fly to Bangkok!! Sorry you can take your passport but it will take at least 5 working days from receiving your passport when you get back from your trip to get the visa printed MMMMMMMM now what do I do?? I don’t want to put off this f***ng visa but I would like to go to Bangkok.

Anyway I do the right thing and say go ahead I will just hope the passport gets back in time for the Bangkok trip. She smiles and says “not sure but good luck and hope your are happy in the USA thank you.”

Now wait for it the queue isn’t over yet. Your visa forum people must have been sworn to silence over this procedure!! There’s now a 15 minute wait at the courier desk to get the visa printed passport and other sundry documents sent to me. I then notice there is an express service but I didn't want to pay for that right now because the sending out is based on when the courier gets the documentation from the visa centre So I ask the very helpful guy at the courier desk if they inform the recipient when the package is due to be sent out. He says yes we text you. I then ask is it possible to change to express service at that point He says yes no problem so that’s how I have left it!!

Finally I leave the embassy at 12.15.

This will be a good story to dine out on in years to come eh?

I wasn’t the only one with problems. Another guy was in the internet cafe trying to get several forms done because certain ones had been sent to his fiancée in the US by the Visa centre. But like me the rules are the rules and he could not get into the embassy without certain documents. He left almost the same time as me and he had left West Yorkshire at 2 am that morning to get to London for 8 am, so he must have been well tired

Another lady of Asian origin was trying to get into the embassy without yet having an appointment and she was told in no uncertain terms that she would not be getting her visa AND she had booked her flight out for 4 hours later. How dumb is that!!??

I am absolutely elated - none of what happened this morning matters now I am ready to be by your side.

All my love forever - Phil

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

woohoooo.... congrats!! :thumbs:

“You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.” - Jim Stovall -

Our Journey

2008-08-15 .......... Married on K-1!!!!

2009-08-28 .......... Sent AOS (I-485 and I-765) Application to Chicago

2009-09-11 .......... NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765

2009-09-25 .......... Biometrics Appointment in Charlotte, NC (walk-in)

2009-10-08 .......... EAD Approved (CRIS update)

2009-10-08 .......... I-485 Touched, I-485 Case transferred to CSC (CRIS update)

2009-10-09 .......... Biometrics Appointment #2 in Charlotte, NC (walk-in)

2009-10-15 .......... I-485 Case transferred to USCIS office

2009-10-16 .......... I-485 Touched, EAD card arrived in the mail

2009-10-19 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-04 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-05 .......... I-485 RFE (CRIS update)

2009-11-06 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-10 .......... RFE arrived in the mail

2009-11-12 .......... RFE response sent back to CSC

2009-11-17 .......... RFE Received at CSC (CRIS update)

2009-11-18 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-23 .......... I-485 Notice that new permanent resident status has been registered

2009-11-24 .......... I-485 Card production ordered

2009-11-25 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-30 .......... I-485 Approval Notice sent, Permanent Resident Card in the mail!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats!!!!! :) (and such a sweet letter, too!) I hate that he had some problems, but so happy they were easy to remedy. He'll be with you soon! You must be bouncing off the walls. :)

Alf & Christy’s Journey

4/05/2005 - I met the love of my life

11/21/2006 - First meeting in person <3 (Alf in Kentucky)

5/21/2007 - Second meeting in person (Alf in Kentucky)

5/30/2007 - First trip to Vancouver! (Christy in Canada)

6/13/2007 - Beautiful, romantic proposal :)

7/26/2007 – Application mailed to VSC

04/07/08 - INTERVIEW!!!! @1pm - APPROVED!! :))

04/09/2008 - Moving day!!

04/10/2008 - Alf will finally be home!

05/31/2008 - Wedding! :)http://www.flickr.com/photos/ctrubenbach

The journey continues...

09/10/2008 - Mailed AOS package

09/16/2008 - NOA1 received (all 3)

09/25/2008 - Biometrics letter

10/02/2008 - Case transferred to CSC

10/09/2008 - Biometrics Appointment

11/26/2008 - EAD Card production ordered/AP approved!! :)

12/04/2008 - AP documents received

12/06/2008 - EAD Card in hand!

12/08/2008 - Applied for SSN

02/10/2009 - Social Security card *finally* received

02/23/2009 - Notice of Welcome Letter sent!! :D

YAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I knew you had the interview today but after all my interview/medical last minute panic I totally forgot on the day!! I am soo pleased it went well!!!!! :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Congratulations!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

OMG that was quite an ordeal, but at least it is all over. Congratulations to you both, and have a great flight to the US. :thumbs:

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well - we have made it! Phil had his interview in London this morning. I have his account of his experience at the Embassy. We are so elated - I can't describe it. Finally! Thanking everyone who has helped us in any way, shape or form and thanking everyone for just being here on this site. This is the chapter that we were so waiting to close and are ready to open the new one for the start of our wonderful life together.

Hiya Honeybunch -

So what do you think - am I coming across the water?? You bet I am - I should have the Visa in 3 or 4 days so we can then carry on with the rest of our lives after that eh? So I will be on that plane on the 18th have no fear!

It wasn't easy however??!!

Well first and foremost its paperwork gees why do people insist on it?

I get to the embassy at about 8:15 so ok there is already a queue of about 30 people argggghh and this is outside in the street. So I walk up to the high biz jacketed security person and she says, “Where's your appointment letter?” "My what"??!! “Appointment letter” she repeats. "No idea" I reply. And I really hadn't. I did not recall you putting it in the packet and I am sure it does not state on it anywhere to bring it with you. So I give the security person all the copy docs coz I know I wont find it and nor does she!! Now what?? She looks on her list of people turning up "More paperwork" I thought. Anyway of course I am nowhere to be seen on her list so she then says ok go to this website at that cafe down the road and print off your application letter and MRV whatever that is?? So off I trot with time ticking by and the queue getting longer.

I get on line but can I log in? NO! Why? Because there are so many people trying to do the same thing that it will take several attempts so after 5 or 6 minutes and $10 worse off I still haven't been able to log on. So I am now thinking this it, I come up to London, a place I hate, been ripped off and have no visa “What’s Audrey going to say to that!!??”

Right. Anyway I have another look in our UPS folder where everything has stayed for the past month, almost, and notice a folded up bit of paper in the bottom of this folder. Well you have guessed it!! It was my appointment letter – I knew that you were organized. So back I trot having made it to 9 am with yet getting inside the embassy!! Still have no idea what an MRV is but at least I could show the letter which let me in to the 2nd barrier after another 20 minutes of queuing so its now approx 9.15. I say approximately because the embassy does not allow cell phones and I don’t wear watches so there's no obvious time pieces around. I leave my bunch of keys at the 2nd security gate and head to the embassy visa section. At last but now what am I presented with?? (after collecting my "you are next number ticket" from reception) a bloody great room full of people all watching screens telling them when there number is up Christ I am going to be here until Thursday!!

Anyway I am no longer very calm after the ridiculous waste of time over an appointment letter so I sit down to wait my turn. They Visa centre is dealing with 4 different visa types Immigrant which was like me, Non immigrant which I assume is work permits?? E Visa whatever that is?? and DHS whatever that is? The most dominant was non immigrant and they seemed to go through reasonably fast probably 1 every 5 minutes. The numbering ticket system were 1000s for non-immigrant and 5000s for immigrant. My number was 5015 and when I sat down 5003 was on the screen so after some 35 minutes or so I worked out it would take about 20 minutes to get initially called to check paperwork and then a further 10 minutes to the interview so two booths were doing 5000 numbers so I reckoned 2 hours at least.

I get called to the first window (Its like getting a train ticket from the ticket office) and the very nice young man asks me for various forms which of course I am now in a complete muddle in my efforts to find the useless appointment letter so I spend at least a million years trying to get the forms he wants. He was very helpful saying there it is "where"? This farce went on for about 15 minutes but he was very patient until he flawed by asking for an additional picture!! That I knew I didn't have!! So he said after a few painfully slow moments when I thought the process was going to end, he said "Oh never mind I will just take a copy of this one" So I eventually finished at that window and then went to sit down to wait to be summoned to another window for the interview proper. They handed me a big envelope and said “that’s your X-ray, take that with you, but your medical was fine?? So you will be able to see my heart soon!!

Another 15 minutes go by and I am called to window 16 one along from where I had been some 20 minutes before!! This lady is extremely pleasant and asks when I met you and how so I explained the Sound Devices connection. She then asked had I been over since and also asked if you had been to the UK. She then said she needed to retain the passport as a visa had been granted and she congratulated me. But I was suddenly askance she's taking my passport Why?? Because we print the visa into the passport - What!! But I need my passport in 3 days time to fly to Bangkok!! Sorry you can take your passport but it will take at least 5 working days from receiving your passport when you get back from your trip to get the visa printed MMMMMMMM now what do I do?? I don’t want to put off this f***ng visa but I would like to go to Bangkok.

Anyway I do the right thing and say go ahead I will just hope the passport gets back in time for the Bangkok trip. She smiles and says “not sure but good luck and hope your are happy in the USA thank you.”

Now wait for it the queue isn’t over yet. Your visa forum people must have been sworn to silence over this procedure!! There’s now a 15 minute wait at the courier desk to get the visa printed passport and other sundry documents sent to me. I then notice there is an express service but I didn't want to pay for that right now because the sending out is based on when the courier gets the documentation from the visa centre So I ask the very helpful guy at the courier desk if they inform the recipient when the package is due to be sent out. He says yes we text you. I then ask is it possible to change to express service at that point He says yes no problem so that’s how I have left it!!

Finally I leave the embassy at 12.15.

This will be a good story to dine out on in years to come eh?

I wasn’t the only one with problems. Another guy was in the internet cafe trying to get several forms done because certain ones had been sent to his fiancée in the US by the Visa centre. But like me the rules are the rules and he could not get into the embassy without certain documents. He left almost the same time as me and he had left West Yorkshire at 2 am that morning to get to London for 8 am, so he must have been well tired

Another lady of Asian origin was trying to get into the embassy without yet having an appointment and she was told in no uncertain terms that she would not be getting her visa AND she had booked her flight out for 4 hours later. How dumb is that!!??

I am absolutely elated - none of what happened this morning matters now I am ready to be by your side.

All my love forever - Phil

I tell you what you had an ordeal. I know it wasn't funny at the time but the way you told the story sure made me laugh. You have a way with words. Congratulations!

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.