brian87

APRIL '08 Vermont K-1 Filers

2,328 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Yours is either misplaced OR perhaps they are behind in processing so they just leave the deliveries unopened until they are ready to process them. Kinda like our boxes on the shelf in Vermont. That seems like a reasonable answer. You can call the DOS and ask them what info they have. They will know if it's logged in to the system in Kiev. Did you get a letter from NVC (hardcopy) saying your file had been forwarded to Kiev? You should have had that by now.

Thanks for the info! Yes, I recieved a letter in mail that it was forwarded to Kiev. The only thing the embassy says it that it's electronically in the system but no hard copy recieved. Perhaps you are right about the unopened deliveries...

s4z18g.gif2lw0q4m.gif

JON & OLENKA

Timeline:

3/19/08 Met my lovely Olenka in Lviv, Ukraine

4/21/08 K1 packet sent to VSC via Express Mail

4/22/08 Packet arrived at VSC. Signed for by P. NOVAK

4/30/08 NOA1 date

5/5/08 Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail + TOUCHED

5/29/08 TOUCHED

5/30/08 TOUCHED

8/7/08 NOA2

8/14/08 NOA2 hardcopy

8/18/08 Received by NVC

8/25/08? Left NVC

11/5/08 Interview date

11/25/08 MY LOVE WILL ARRIVE!!!

geicocavemanyx6.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at this, Kiev is getting much slower at processing...could very well be a backlog you are part of. It's a dramatic shift since summer.

ukraine-k1doshistory.gif

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Thanks very much for this chart and info. I guess I just need to be patient at this point :)

s4z18g.gif2lw0q4m.gif

JON & OLENKA

Timeline:

4/30/08 NOA1 date

5/29/08 TOUCHED

5/30/08 TOUCHED

8/7/08 NOA2

8/14/08 NOA2 hardcopy

8/18/08 Received by NVC

8/25/08? Left NVC

11/5/08 Interview date

geicocavemanyx6.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
#######? I called NVC and they told me that it left their office August 18th. They said "Well the embassy has our number and can contact us if there is a problem..." :blink:

That's OK, Luis called the embassy a few days after the petition was delivered and they said they didn't have it. When we finally got through (It's a big pain in the butt to talk to somebody over there), they told him that it was just received that day - and that was impossible since it most definetely got there a week before.

It's probably on somebody's desk waiting to be worked on. Remember, they are civil servants, even if they aren't in the US, lol.

Suz

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

ahh its scary Ive got my interview THIS week!! I went into town and found the American Embassy (just to be sure to be there in time for my EIGHT AM interview- its SOO early!!!) Its quite the formidable/intimidating building!

Im gonna fill up on coffee and be a jittery wreck that morning hehe :) Even though our relationship is as real as my heart Ive still been revising my 'facts' lol, like when did we meet, where did he propose etc :) Now Ive got to get my 'evidence' together, I have about one zillion emails, so I guess a screenshot of how MANY emails and a few print outs + photos + plane tickets should do?

Then its the medical on Monday...oh joy...the needles and invasion of privacy...the things we do for love!!!

Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
ahh its scary Ive got my interview THIS week!! I went into town and found the American Embassy (just to be sure to be there in time for my EIGHT AM interview- its SOO early!!!) Its quite the formidable/intimidating building!

Im gonna fill up on coffee and be a jittery wreck that morning hehe :) Even though our relationship is as real as my heart Ive still been revising my 'facts' lol, like when did we meet, where did he propose etc :) Now Ive got to get my 'evidence' together, I have about one zillion emails, so I guess a screenshot of how MANY emails and a few print outs + photos + plane tickets should do?

Then its the medical on Monday...oh joy...the needles and invasion of privacy...the things we do for love!!!

When you say plane "tickets" Gaura, do you mean the emailed e-tickets? It's just that all they do is prove you purchased a flight, not that you actually took it. What you'll need for proof is the boarding passes and/or luggage tags. Did you keep them?

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Good morning April. I come bearing good news!

Russell called the Embassy yesterday and they told him they couldn't book k1's on the phone. Well, he emailed after he got off the phone and received an email back right away stating that they had received our petition from the NVC late afternoon the day before and had already sent out the appointment package to him and that his appointment was on the 17th...next Wednesday at 10am!!! That's 6pm Tuesday night for us in the U.S. ;) What a difference from being in the U.S. ...thank goodness for New Zealand!

NZ usually takes two days to process the visa but that's without any issues...sadly, we almost expect issues. :lol: He plans on flying home the following Wednesday...the 24th. Just hours away from the very day he was denied entry in Dublin last year! Ironic, no? ;)

So, in just two weeks, we will have everything we have fought so hard for and waited soooo, soooo many years for! We are riding on a cloud! Just thrilled!

Jon, i'd say the Embassy has just not yet processed your petition into their system. I'm sure it wont be much longer for you.

You're going to be just fine Gaura. London will be a breeze..try not to stress yourself out too much! They're probably not even going to ask you for more proof of relationship. ;) Keep us posted!

timeline.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Good morning April. I come bearing good news!

Russell called the Embassy yesterday and they told him they couldn't book k1's on the phone. Well, he emailed after he got off the phone and received an email back right away stating that they had received our petition from the NVC late afternoon the day before and had already sent out the appointment package to him and that his appointment was on the 17th...next Wednesday at 10am!!! That's 6pm Tuesday night for us in the U.S. ;) What a difference from being in the U.S. ...thank goodness for New Zealand!

NZ usually takes two days to process the visa but that's without any issues...sadly, we almost expect issues. :lol: He plans on flying home the following Wednesday...the 24th. Just hours away from the very day he was denied entry in Dublin last year! Ironic, no? ;)

So, in just two weeks, we will have everything we have fought so hard for and waited soooo, soooo many years for! We are riding on a cloud! Just thrilled!

Jon, i'd say the Embassy has just not yet processed your petition into their system. I'm sure it wont be much longer for you.

You're going to be just fine Gaura. London will be a breeze..try not to stress yourself out too much! They're probably not even going to ask you for more proof of relationship. ;) Keep us posted!

Woohoo at last Kim, good luck to Russ at the interview.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Timeline

Yea, I think you are right.

Good luck for you guys on the interview :)

s4z18g.gif2lw0q4m.gif

JON & OLENKA

Timeline:

4/30/08 NOA1 date

5/29/08 TOUCHED

5/30/08 TOUCHED

8/7/08 NOA2

8/14/08 NOA2 hardcopy

8/18/08 Received by NVC

8/25/08? Left NVC

11/5/08 Interview date

geicocavemanyx6.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hi All,

You guys are getting me nervous with your comments about the Affidavit of Support. I plan on having it notarized tomorrow. Quick question - on the affidavit of support, question 11 - do I check intend or do not intend specific contributions to support the person named in item 3?? Or N/A Fiance Visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hi All,

You guys are getting me nervous with your comments about the Affidavit of Support. I plan on having it notarized tomorrow. Quick question - on the affidavit of support, question 11 - do I check intend or do not intend specific contributions to support the person named in item 3?? Or N/A Fiance Visa

I`ve asked they same question also before,

don`t check any

and write N/A fiance visa

like the sample form shows.

Timeline
Quick question - on the affidavit of support, question 11 - do I check intend or do not intend specific contributions to support the person named in item 3?? Or N/A Fiance Visa

N/A (K-1 visa process for permanent residence)

s4z18g.gif2lw0q4m.gif

JON & OLENKA

Timeline:

4/30/08 NOA1 date

5/29/08 TOUCHED

5/30/08 TOUCHED

8/7/08 NOA2

8/14/08 NOA2 hardcopy

8/18/08 Received by NVC

8/25/08? Left NVC

11/5/08 Interview date

geicocavemanyx6.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Congratss Kim and Good Luck for you!! Im so excited too.. :dance: we alrdy have our interview date.. October 2th!! yeaaaaaaaa.. my baby is coming soon.. We will be celebrating his bday together on 30th.. Thanks God.. :blush: Today I had an appointment with my family Dr., I lost mi vaccination card so I had to get five vaccines 5!!! :crying: I paid 310 soles for them and next week I have to get HPV vaccine which is gonna cost 480 soles :crying: Im broke! but it worths!!!

Waiting...

Te amo Ab!

When you say plane "tickets" Gaura, do you mean the emailed e-tickets? It's just that all they do is prove you purchased a flight, not that you actually took it. What you'll need for proof is the boarding passes and/or luggage tags. Did you keep them?

Ahh- good point- im taking my boarding passes with me to the interview - i have them cos I squirrel stuff like that away cos Im sentimental lol and always keep movie/theatre ticket stubs that are part of good memories :)

Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.