brian87

APRIL '08 Vermont K-1 Filers

2,328 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Ok, i'm not sure I like the dependency going on here. :lol: We plan on having everything ready to roll and send off the Monday after we're married...October 20th. It seems pretty basic actually and shouldn't be a problem...especially for us K1's. Just be careful where you get your information because the process is different depending on how you're adjusting. I'll be happy to share what I learn as I go. Should we stay here or move to the AOS forum?

Raff... email them until they give you an answer...better yet, have your fiance do it too. Afterall, he is the US citizen and it is him they are suppose to be serving.

Brian, I hear your gripe. The process can be so difficult because the Consulates are so different, there is so much misinformation from those who are suppose to know. The system needs a complete overhaul! I'll be scrutinizing immigration policies before this year's election that's for sure. I hope the rest of you (USC anyway) will too! ;)

Internets back! woohoo.gif

Oooo p.s. Graham!.... have a safe trip buddy!!!

timeline.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Should we stay here or move to the AOS forum?

If we stay there will be trouble, if we go it will be double.............

Paraphrasing the Kinks........I think. :star:

Moving on would probably be best. That way maybe some AOS vets might be lurking. Amazing though how there is still like 20 or so K-1 VJ'ers waiting for NOA2's from April.

And of course, our friend Jerry is still waiting from March. I am starting to feel bad for him. Even glass half empty people deserve a speedy decision.

Brian

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

07/03/08 NOA2 Received Via Email

07/22/08 Received email Stating Approval Under Review

07/28/08 NOA2 Status Changed to Denial

08/13/08 2nd NOA2 received via Email

10/07/08 Interview Date/VISA RECEIVED

11/22/08 Atlanta, U.S. Point of Entry.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
A very quick message to you all. I decided to change my flight and I leave tomorrow at 1150am UK time to be with my future wife and our bump! Sorry I haven't answered questions but everyone has helped out, as you always have. America here we come :)

YAY GRAHAM! Have a safe flight! Make a post when you get there to let us know you got there OK :)

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Timeline

Good morning April....

It's amazing how much more beauty you see in each day when you're surrounded by happy news! Just 12 days and 15 hours!!! :)

Suz, you all set for Peru? When do you leave?

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

hahaha... I thought I was the only one who was counting down the days until #1 - I see mi amor again, #2 - Interview date...... 2 weeks and I will be on a plane to Chile.. 19 days until our interview.............. Is everyone else counting down the days?? I just keep thinking how this trip will change the rest of my life!!! I can't wait!

Filed: Timeline
Thanks, Brian! Unfortunately, it seems email is by far the best way to get in touch with the Naples consulate... It is very hard to get them on the phone, and in any case they would need to send me Packet 3 by email. At the end of August I spoke with Giovanni, another Italian guy who has just moved to the US, and he told me to contact them by email. I'll send them another today, and flood them with emails until they send me those papers. It seems they are nice people anyway, except for this slowness, and that the interview is little more than a formality.

Raffaella,

you can download packet 3 from the consulate's website and then simply fax it back, since you know they have received your stuff. Here it is:

http://italy.usembassy.gov/visa/immigrant/application.asp

You might wanna ask Marco&Shannon as well (they went through the process not too long ago)

Apparently this has been working well for people.

Then , fax out what they ask you to. In 3 weeks just call the 800 number to fix an appointment.

Apparently they dont really send out packet 3 or it gets lost along the way............

let me know if you'd like me to send you packet 3.

Timeline
hahaha... I thought I was the only one who was counting down the days

Every email we send has a new countdown! :lol: We're allowed to be silly!

timeline.jpg

just a quick update for ya'll as to my london embassy visit....

so basically Im approved pending my medical this coming Monday and posting them back the original of one of the affidavits on Tuesday (accidentally brought in the copies instead! :blush: )(no congrats yet- save em for when I have the visa in hand :D!)..

... but I ALSO encountered the SAME problem as Graham, and I had a female case officer who was an ex-attorney- she said that they NA/Fiance Visa thing was wrong - and didnt like that my co-sponsor had ticked the 'do not intend' box on the specific contributions question....(so yeah, I think their internal processing has changed recently or somethigng)...I talked my way out of it ...said it was what we had been told to do, and that my what my co-sponsor meant was that he wouldnt be paying me a monthly salary or providing me a room (thats my fiances job!) but if I fall on hard times is there to support me.....and she said shed let it go through....but my advise is for you to tick 'intend' and just be explicit about what you will provide 'a pony, my credit card and chocolate cake every day' lol ;)

Im so glad its over though- I had to get up at 5am to be in line for 7.30am for my 8am interview...which happened at 8 but then I had a long wait until 10 for round two during which everyone else seemd to go first...she actually apologised for the wait which was nice 'I know you were in first but...' she never finished the sentance (we dont really care?) lol.....

Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will.

Timeline
Good morning April....

It's amazing how much more beauty you see in each day when you're surrounded by happy news! Just 12 days and 15 hours!!! :)

Suz, you all set for Peru? When do you leave?

Hey Guys, I had a rough day.

Kim - I actually bought my plane tickets and then my boss informed me that even though I have two weeks of vacation that I couldn't take one week the 1st week of October because another supervisor was getting fired today. So anyway, I started crying and lost it and eventually they said it was OK.

I leave Sept 30th at night from JFK and get there at 4:15 in the morning on the 1st. Our interview is the 2nd so it gives us a day. Hopefully we're both leaving together Oct 8th. I bought his ticket but American Airlines told me that I could change it for a fee if I had to. This is just in case.

So anyway guys, I'm freaking out. Yes, I'm cleaning my house like a maniac, moving furniture around etc. I think I'm even going to paint this weekend. Luis says I'm crazy but I just want him to be happy and feel comfortable & at home here.

Luis hasn't gotten his packet yet from the embassy. If it doesn't get delivered to his house by Tuesday, he's going to make the trip to the embassy and pick one up. He wants to get the doctor's appointment done, he's got all of his other stuff done already.

I am waiting on the letter from my employer that has so far taken almost a month. Once I get that I'm going to get the affidavit of support notarized & everything and make copies of everything and then I'll be set.

Most of all, I'm so excited to see him again. I missed him like crazy these past 7 months. It's been really hard.

oh yeah, and me and Verito have the same interview date so I'm going to meet another VJer at last! haha

Timeline

Suzy, it's been 7.5 months since I saw Russell too... just 3 weeks in the past year. I'm so glad you got the time off. whew!

lol @ you cleaning. I've been getting the house ready too. Russell has already lived here with us for a year so it's not that i'm worried he'll like it. I think it's a nesting thing. :lol:

I seem to be having some serious difficulties fitting his things back into our closet! :innocent:

timeline.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello All

24 Days to Alyonas arrival.

Soon the wait is over.

Feb. 27 2008 Petition mailed to VSC via USPS

Mar 3 Delivered VSC

Mar 28 2008 2nd Petition mailed to VSC via USPS first one must be lost.

Mar 31 2008 VSC Received.

Apr 9 Check Cleared.

Apr 9 NOA1

Apr 13 Touched.

Apr 14 Touched.

May 6 Touched

May 7 Touched

July 14 NOA2 (4 months 2 weeks 3 days after it was sent)

July 16 Received NVC.

July 18 Shipped NVC

July 21 DHL Received.

July 23 Delivered Kiev Embassy.

Aug 1 In embassy system, assume they sent packet, can schedule interview.

Aug 4 Schedule interview earliest date is Sept 22.

Sep 22 Interview Date (Approved)

Sep 25 Visa arrives in mail.

Oct 6 Alyona Arrives Dallas.

Nov 28 Married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Total days waiting for our future, 7 months 1 week 3 days.

Dec 16,2008 AOS Sent Fedx to Chicago

Dec 17,2008 AOS Recieved.

Dec 22,2008 NOA2 Date

Dec 23,2008 Check Cashed.

Dec 26,2008 NOA2's arive in mail.

Dec 31,2008 Biometric arives in mail.

Jan 14,2009 Biometric Appointment.

Apr 10, 2009 Interview

Apr 20,2009 Conditional green card production ordered.

Apr 28,2009 Green card arrived.

Citizenship

2012-01-19 Applied

2012-01-28 NOA

2012-02-13 Bio.

2012-04-19 Interview

2012-04-19 Oath

Timeline
Suzy, it's been 7.5 months since I saw Russell too... just 3 weeks in the past year. I'm so glad you got the time off. whew!

lol @ you cleaning. I've been getting the house ready too. Russell has already lived here with us for a year so it's not that i'm worried he'll like it. I think it's a nesting thing. :lol:

I seem to be having some serious difficulties fitting his things back into our closet! :innocent:

I have to go to Ikea this weekend and get another dresser, there's no way all of our stuff is gonna fit in the closet or 1 dresser that I have.

That's not too tragic because I LOVEEEE Ikea.

I have to buy him some stuff too, practical stuff like winter coats and stuff because it's going to be much colder than he's used to, lol.

Filed: Timeline

Count me in as another IKEA fan :D ! Last year, when I was in the US for two months, we went there to look for furniture for the apartment Michael had to rent after his mom kicked him out (long story, and he wasn't at fault). We did get some very nice stuff, and we'll get more once I am there (hopefully soon!). I do love all the stuff they have for organising storage space, which should go perfectly with those wonderful walk-in closets (something I'd kill to have here in Italy!).

No news here yet... I'm still chasing the Naples people, and if I don't get an answer by Monday night, I'll start emailing them every day until they cave in. I hate putting pressure on people, but until proved otherwise it is their duty to send me those papers. I know that in my own office, if someone wants something badly enough, they start calling everyday until we do something about it.

Timeline

Congratulations Dale. :)

Oooo I love IKEA for certain things too! I told Russ we'll need one of their portable closets because there is just no room! :lol:

Suz, he's going to freeze his butt off! Best get that boy some thermals and a beenie!

Raff, did you see crs's post above about downloading all the P3 forms and faxing them in to the Consulate?

Russ got his letter regarding the interview yesterday...one more thing to check off the list.

timeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.