brian87

APRIL '08 Vermont K-1 Filers

2,328 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Eveybody's so quiet!!

I'm still here... waiting to fly to Peru on the 30th, overnight flight, I get there the next day at 4am. Poor Luis haha, has to wake up or maybe not even sleep to come and pick me up at 4.

We have the interview the 2nd at 8am. I'm pretty nervous. I'm sure everything will all fall into place, but right now I'm being a worry wart.

On a less nervous note, I found out yesterday that One Republic is playing in November in NYC and guess who's going???? woohoo

How's everybody doing? oh and STOP BEING SO QUIET

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

KIMMMMM!!!!! So so so happy for you!!!

My interview was pretty easy, Joey was there which made me calmer, but made me wanna kill him later because he didn't bring that form 1040, so my visa is pending!!! I don't quite understand that tax return stuff, all I now is that he didn't get the form because who did it was H&R Block or something, he told me he can print out the form out of the internet, let's hope so... He flew home today and he's going to fax it over to the embassy tomorrow... I'm again just sitting and hoping and praying!!

K1

04/11/2008 - I-129F Sent to VSC

04/14/2008 - I-129F Received at VSC

04/21/2008 - I-129F NOA1

05/21/2008 - Touched (don´t know if it was the first, didn´t check before)

05/25/2008 - Advisory Opinion: SUBJECT to section 212 (e)

06/06/2008 - Sent paperwork for a waiver of the HRR

06/17/2008 - Check for the waiver cashed

06/18/2008 - No objection letter for the waiver sent by Brazilian Embassy

07/21/2008 - I-129F NOA2

07/28/2008 - Favorable Recommendation sent (waiver!)

09/08/2008 - Medical

09/16/2008 - Interview date (pending - missing form 1040)

09/24/2008 - Form 1040 finally received by the embassy

09/26/2008 - Visa issued, passport on its way!!! lol

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Mama Nich, I don't do the blushing thing. :lol: Thanks for starting the AOS thread.

suzy... somehow i dont think luis will mind getting up! Not long for you!

oooh fernanda nooooo... if he can't get it from H & R Block then he can just request transcripts from the IRS. They are free and take just a few days. I hope it sorts itself out for you soon.

6 days and 6 hours! O-M-G! :wow:

My to do list is just way too long. I know the time is going to fly. We're getting so excited we're just silly.

We're still not even sure what we're going to do for the initial ceremony. All I know is it will be short and sweet and soon with a weekend away alone right after. We're done with the hoopla for a while. I'm sure someone will take a few pics. Otherwise, you will all just have to come to the event in April and take your own pictures! :lol:

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline

We got APPROVED!!! :) I'm so happy is just unreal

Now we are searching for an airline ticket :)

I was wondering if you could buy one way or you have to buy roundtrip.....

I just wanted to share the news with you guys! Thank you for everything :)

Sandra

Nicolás y Sandra

Date I-129F Sent :April 08,2008

Arrived to Vermont: April 11,2008

Date I-129F NOA1 (Receipt) : April 14,2008

I-129F RFE(s) :

I-129F RFE Reply(s) :

Touched: May 15,2008

Touched: July 21,2008 (09:00 AM)

Touched: July 21,2008 (13:00 PM) IT WAS APPROVED!!! :)

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) :July 21,2008

Touched: July 22,2008

Date Package Received By NVC :July 23,2008

Date Package Left From NVC : July 25,2008

Date Received By Consulate : July 31,2008

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) : August 11,2008

Date Complete Medical: September 04, 2008 (Embassy rec. the medical Report)

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :September 16,2008 (He delivered the Pkt3 in person)

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):September 16,2008 (Told him right there the interview date)

Interview Date (K1 Visa):September 18,2008 @ 2:30PM APPROVED :)

Date K1 Visa Received :September 23, 2008

Date of US Entry : October 01, 2008 :)

Date of Wedding : October 10, 2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Sandra

Congratulations on your wonderful news!

:dance:

When purchasing your airline tickets check the prices on one-way and roundtrip.

Most of the time the round trip is cheaper.

This makes no sense to me.

Have a safe trip :thumbs:

Edited by dani&chris
as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Sandra

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Wow, Congrats to all.. I leave in 8 days, and our interview is in 13 days.. Suzie I am with you, sooo nervous.. I am sure all is going to be ok, it is just so unreal this waiting will finally be over. I am watching when Harry Met Sally, and as he says, "When you meet the person you want to spend the rest of your life with you want the rest of your life to start now." Or something like that... hahaha... Keep the approvals coming!!!

Kim!!! Wow that went smoothly!!! (Considering the Aus police thing- so good he didnt have to do it cos its takes AGES to get- I had the normal one done initially then realized almost near my interview time that I needed one that is based on fingerprints so had to order that (costly too!) and thank luck it came in about 5 days before my interview!!!! I was SOOO happy to see that envelope!!)

Wow, you see Russ NEXT week??????? That is SOO groovy :D:) !!

Graham and Megan- congrats as well, glad its all over for you!! (except for the wonderful horribly expensive/tedious AOS and EAD stuff!)

Im waiting until the end of Nov. to move to the US cos I want to add a bit more moolah to my savings account (so we can have some fun weekends away while Im waiting for my work permit!!) and wrap up my house/flat issues :) Cant wait though........its so amazing really, knowing that in just 2 months my life will be completely different....all these little issues at work that give me headaches wont matter at all....funnily enough I was with him only two weeks ago in the US and it seems like a lifetime away (two weeks at work does that to you!!)...and when I was there, London seemed to be so unreal, some distant memory...and now that Im in London again, Florida seems so unreal and so distant...I do smile when I see airplanes flying past though cos it reminds me that it is all real and soon enough I will be with my love again :dance:

So what are ya'll doing for your weddings?? Im only having a brief civil ceremony, signing the paperwork basically, it wont even feel like a proper wedding- the real thing is going to be in a few years once we have enough spare cash and can fly out our world wide relatives, and have the memorable wedding we want!! I've considered a Vegas wedding for signing the paperwork...it would be a fun thing to do in life ;)

Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

hi guys

this is Russ, just a quick update on my way to bed, i am sure kim will fill in any details i missed :D,

got my visa in the mail today, on the second day after the interview, was very exciting for me, more so then the interview because now i know there is nothing between me and getting on that flight next wednesday and being in my baby's arms by wednesday night , with all going according to plan *knocking on as much wood as i can find*,...... so close.

after the grand opening i jumped on line and promptly woke kim up :P i was a tad impatient. After a year of waiting i think i can afford a little impatience :rofl: . So you will have to forgive her if she seems a little vague :innocent:

ok guys last day of work tomorrow, then i am all steam ahead for getting ready for my flight.

i hope everything is all going well with you all.

Cheers

Russ

oh and to answer one of the questions from above, no you do not require a round trip ticket for the K1/K3 visas, i found that looking at Expedia.com (or what ever your country abbrev is *mines expedia.co.nz*) and mixing around the dates a little i got the best deal there. hope that helps :)

timeline.jpg

Thanks for posting, Russ. So excited for you. I do understand that feeling of having the visa in hand and knowing there's nothing that can keep you from getting on the plane Wednesday. Well almost nothing. Nick called me at 5 AM from the hospital where he was taken by ambulance. Seems he took a fall and landed on his shoulder and head. Good news is, he remembered he had a fiance and my phone number. hahahaha. So far he knows he has a fractured collar bone and rib. Movers are supposed to pick up his stuff Monday morning and he's not done packing boxes or getting things out of the attic. Was planning to take several large suitcases and two carry-on bags for the flight in 11 days. Now he's thinking he can't pull it off with one arm. Darn! Russ, you be very, very careful until Wednesday.

Wedding plans...well our plans were to marry on Sunday afternoon, Oct. 5 at a friends house with less than a dozen friends that we both know well. Just a little afternoon gathering with champagne and small wedding cake and a judge to do the legalities. Glad I didn't go with the Galveston plan we were thinking of earlier. It's an island close by and has some charming places. It is fairly destroyed right now and inhabitable after the hurricane. It's going to take a while to get services restored enough to let residents return to start cleaning up and rebuilding. So I guess maybe my wedding is to be determined once again until we know more about the injuries.

Congratulations Sandra. :dance:

Relax you girls sweating the upcoming interviews...going to be fine. You can charm the latinos at the embassy. Can you go inside? I was allowed by showing my American passport. Wear a low cut top. :rofl:

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Timeline

Sorry for not having congratulated Kim and Russ for the visa, and everybody else for everything else. I haven't been feeling very well this week, and have had to work quite a lot because of an emergency situation. Anyway, as I wrote in the March thread, I think I'll get to the interview much later than the rest of you, due to those idiots in Naples who led me astray with their autoreplies and such. Well, last Monday I faxed what I was due to send to the Consulate, and next week I'll try to contact them - even if they said after three weeks. I don't want to waste any more time because they have to be even slower than my fellow Italians!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
Relax you girls sweating the upcoming interviews...going to be fine. You can charm the latinos at the embassy. Can you go inside? I was allowed by showing my American passport. Wear a low cut top. :rofl:

Yes I will be there at the interview and I'm allowed inside.. I will keep that in mind when picking out my wadrobe for the event!! haha.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Kim, I am so sorry for this delayed acknowledgment, but ...........

CONGRATULATIONS :thumbs::dancing::dance::yes:

Much deserved......this is great news

Stevi

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Spent month in Africa 06/2007

Spent month in UK 02/2008

I-129F Sent : 03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 03-07

I-129 NOA1 Hard Copy: 03-15

Touched: 03-11

Touched: 03-13

Touched: 03-14

Touched: 07-22.

I-129F NOA2 :07-22

Touched: 07-23

I-129 NOA2 Hard Copy:07-28

NVC Received : 07-28

NVC Left : 07-30

Consulate Received : 08-06

Packet 3 Received : 08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 09-04 and 10-2

Packet 4 Received : 10-6

Interview Date : 10-16

Comment: Issued blue slip at interview to get Police Certs AGAIN :-(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey guys just a update we have visa in hand :dance::dance::dance::dance:

could not have done it without u guys

Thanks everone

speacial thanks to Kimfor responding to many of my stupid questions :thumbs:

i bet many more coming soon

Edited by MnM

7238.gif

6995.gif

8468.gif

10206.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.