Taylorlove

Phone calls

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We talk every day like 4 times per day. Probably 10 hours per week. We use Skype A LOT!!! I actually sent about an inch of full phone records from Skype as part of my proof of ongoing relationship! lol

I also set up Skype where she has a phone number (local to her in the US) that she calls and it connects me to her via cell phone. The call costs me 2.9 cents per minute on my Skype account and it's cellphone to cellphone. So it's well worth it when neither of us are by a computer. This is a feature of Skype Pro which costs like $30 per year (I don't remember the exact price).

The video conferencing option on Skype and on MSN Messenger is also quite good.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I generally do between 2-6 hours, sometimes we do it on web cam. Then if I've been out for a few beers I can drunk dial and stay up half the night at weekends! Gorilla Mobile take a lot of money off me!

HAHAHAHA!!!! IM A DRUNK DIALER SOMETIMES TOO!!

9/2006 Met in Sweden

2/2007 Began Dating in Holland

11/24/2007 Married (nairobi)

Clerk wedding 12/14/2007 (nairobi)

12/21/2007 Filed DCF

2/13/2008 Interview 221g

Waiting

3/26/2008 Approved

3 months 6 days from filing to approval including 221g AP.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I usually call Riza about once a week for 2-3 hours, sometimes more often, but on average once a week. We chat all the time during the week on YM, but the 15 hour time difference and incredibly expensive 29 cents a minute to PI is sort of prohibitive for calling. so I chat with her while she's at work, until it is time for me to go to bed.

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Alla & I talk only on weekends (unless it's a special day) for about an hour to 90 minutes each time. It's plenty for us.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I feel bad, I talk to my fiance everyday for about 10 minutes. But we're both poor lol. He gets phone cards in Guatemala in 10,15,or 30 min increments (sp?) and he doesn't have internet access. I can talk to him for about 45 min with $5.00. Lately I've been using Phone Hog though lol.

Our Timeline

October 2002- Met and fell in love

February 4 2004- Julian is born

February 12 2007- Vera is born

March 21 2007- Rodolfo leaves the US (voluntary departure)

April 2 2008- Met with attorney to talk about the case

4727.gif

us-flag.gifguat.gif

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

1.png

wonder if those that "over talk" such as the 4 or 5 times a day and for hours mentioned in this thread might find they have nothing to talk about when they finally can be together in person. There is of course lots of romantic banter during the desperate waiting phase but in many cases it might be just that.

9/2006 Met in Sweden

12/21/2007 Filed DCF

2/13/2008 Interview 221g

Waiting

3/26/2008 Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I generally do between 2-6 hours, sometimes we do it on web cam. Then if I've been out for a few beers I can drunk dial and stay up half the night at weekends! Gorilla Mobile take a lot of money off me!

I hear that.

Filed: Other Timeline
Calls are more expensive to Nigeria, but we spend about an hour each day on the phone.

It sucks when calls are too expensive and fortunately for my beau and I we get to talk about half an hour to an hour a day before he goes to work at 3pm. By the time he gets a break its like 3am here in London and it sucks!!! He's not on the internet either. Good thing is I call him from work too but (7.00am his time). Grrr hurry along NOA1 :angry:

wonder if those that "over talk" such as the 4 or 5 times a day and for hours mentioned in this thread might find they have nothing to talk about when they finally can be together in person. There is of course lots of romantic banter during the desperate waiting phase but in many cases it might be just that.

That's quite a good point you made..we don't talk heaps every day because it wasn't like back at home where we could run up the phone bill and not pay for it!! But yes, we only say what we need to say and hang up. We want to save all those idle and pointless chats when we're together I dunno I guess we're sort of weird like that. We talk about half an hour every day, sometimes once every two days or it could be twice a day, it varies. Some of the times I call him from work to save on money (let the company pay)!! He has a job where he starts in the middle of the afternoon which is (11pm my time) and his place of work sucks because the job he has does not allow him to have his cell with him. He isn't on the internet either :o(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
I am just wondering how long do each of you spend talking to your fiance/é/spouse on the phone every week? I hope ts okay to post this!! I would love the feedback :D

14 hours a week.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

I am just wondering how long do each of you spend talking to your fiance/é/spouse on the phone every week? I hope ts okay to post this!! I would love the feedback :D

14 hours a week.

Just plain silly

9/2006 Met in Sweden

12/21/2007 Filed DCF

2/13/2008 Interview 221g

Waiting

3/26/2008 Approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline

14 hours a week.

Just plain silly

That's your opinion.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

For the people that are experiencing unreasonable wait times... Imagine if all this time spent talking and talking were spent volunteering for political parties, people involved with uscis or DOS, or whoever has connections, getting close and smoozing with people that eventually could make a simple call and get the case taken care of.

9/2006 Met in Sweden

12/21/2007 Filed DCF

2/13/2008 Interview 221g

Waiting

3/26/2008 Approved

We don't call each other of regular phones but use skype like some others in here and we still go to the IRC chatroom we first met each other in online. Both are on 24/7 lol.

When I have to wake up for work, she calls my name in a private chat in IRC, which makes an alarm go off, she usually does that 5 minutes before my normal alarm goes off (I still set that coz sometimes she has to go out and isn't back on time) and as soon as I open my eyes, first thing I see is her. Then I get dressed and stuff, take the laptop with me to the livingroom and have breakfast while talking to her over the headset. I go to work and all she sees is an empty room. When I am at work, we chat during my breaks on the IRC chat and also on Google Talk (throughout the day) but of course until she goes to sleep.

When I get back home, I find her sleeping next to her laptop and I do my stuff until she wakes up. When she wakes up, I basically sit, unless she has to go to the bank or something, with my headset on my head until I go to sleep again next to my laptop.

We're able to "peek" into each others lives 24/7 and, to us, this is the best possible way to actually be as much together as we would want to be IRL. Due to the 12 hour time difference this can be tricky sometimes tho, like in the weekends when I tend to sleep long, I sometimes wake up only to find her already sleeping (which can be tough sometimes as well when we want to tell stuff to each other, see the cam is on, but still cannot really talk because we want the other to have some well deserved night rest).

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.