David07

K-1 Visa approved in Havana!!!

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

To all Cuban VJ'rs:

After much wait and drama, we got our visa approved today!!!!

I was unable to make it to the inteview, so my fiancee had to go it alone...I just called her and she was just screaming with joy....! We talked for hours and are just planning to arrange her arrival here in Los Angeles as soon as possible (just have to deal with the cuban exit process now..)

This whole agonizing process (and specially for those us dealing with the political situation between the two countries...) really tests you, and your relationship like nothing else will I think. So, it's been a long journey and I am ecstatic that is almost over....!! My many thanks to everybody here who has provided advice and encouragement throughout the process....

The interview went quite well and was surprisingly fast. She was interviewed by a very nice lady there, who only asked two questions: where we met...and if she was member of some youth organization there...She had been a member of the youth organization while in college; but that was not a big deal. She presented all documents and tons of evidence: pictures, copies of emails, etc. She went in early in the morning; spent like 5 minutes in the interview; and was told to pick up the visa in the afternoon....

Good luck to everybody.....

David

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
To all Cuban VJ'rs:

I was unable to make it to the inteview, so my fiancee had to go it alone...I just called her and she was just screaming with joy....! We talked for hours and are just planning to arrange her arrival here in Los Angeles as soon as possible (just have to deal with the cuban exit process now..)

This whole agonizing process (and specially for those us dealing with the political situation between the two countries...) really tests you, and your relationship like nothing else will I think. So, it's been a long journey and I am ecstatic that is almost over....!! My many thanks to everybody here who has provided advice and encouragement throughout the process....

The interview went quite well and was surprisingly fast. She was interviewed by a very nice lady there, who only asked two questions: where we met...and if she was member of some youth organization there...She had been a member of the youth organization while in college; but that was not a big deal. She presented all documents and tons of evidence: pictures, copies of emails, etc. She went in early in the morning; spent like 5 minutes in the interview; and was told to pick up the visa in the afternoon....

David

Congrats!! :dance:

I129f Timeline

Petition sent: 26 July 2007

Received by CSC: 24 August 2007

NOA1 Received: Never Got One!!!!!

Petition approved: 12 Feb 2008! :)

NOA2 Received: 16 Feb 2008

NVC Received Petition: 15 Feb 2008

NVC Sent Petition to Embassy:19 Feb 2008

Embassy Received: 21 Feb 2008

Packets 3 and 4 sent by embassy: 3 March 2008

Packets 3 and 4 received: 6 March 2008

Interview Date: 18 March 2008

Ugh! Unable to get police certificate in time for interview!!

Interview Rescheduled for: 8 April 2008 (APPROVED!!!)

Flight to Minneapolis: 12 April 2008

He left on a plane, Minneapolis airport...21 April 2008

Congratulations

k37hm7.png

03-06-10 Mailed N-400

03-17-10 Check cashed

03-19-10 NOA received

03-22-10 Biometrics sent

04-09-10 Biometrics appointment

06-14-10 Interview Date

06-22-10 Received letter for Oath

07-02-10 Oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congrats!

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

David,

Congrats!!!!!....., I knew your guys were going to have a easy interview and pass. You guys were very well prepared. Thanks for your help and encouragment. Although we miss hanging out in Camaguey....but maybe next time.....I really happy for you guys....Best of luck....Edwin

Congrats!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

CONGRAT ALL THE WAY :dance:

July 19------------Send the I-129F

July 26------------Recieved

December 7th----NOA2 online

December 14-----NOA2 Hard Copy

December 21-----NVC recieved

December 28-----NVC send to US embassy in Ethiopia

January 8---------US embassy in Ethiopia will recieve

January 11--------Packet 3

February 7 -------Interview

February 7 -------Passed interview

February 12------VISA in hand

February 22------IN the USA

March 1-----------Wedding

March 15----------Sent AOS

July 7 -------------Finger Print

January 27, 2009--Green card approved without interview. It took almost one year though.

Feb 2 -------------Got the green card in the mail

Next: playing the waiting game for the 2 years holding removal

omg_wtf.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Congratulations! Mine was also recently accepted and I would like to add the following

Yes!!!! My Fiancees Visa was approved! :dance:

First I would like to sincerely thank everyone that in one way or another helped me threw this nerve wrecking experience. At times I felt hopeless and very negative due to the relationship between the two countries and this website really helped me through some tough times.

It took a 3 month wait for the interview and a 4 hour wait in line, but finally. They interviewed her for about 40 minutes (pretty long compared to some of the other postings), Questions asked included!

How and were we met

What were here wedding plans when she arrived in the U.S.

They asked her my parents names

Places we visited in Cuba during my trip, ect.

Went over pictures, emails, letters, phone bills, basically through the whole package!

Only set back was the visa was not going to be ready for a couple of days, so she had to go back to Pinar :angry: than back to Habana. Know I just have to wait for the carta blanca and the plane ticket!

Carlos

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
To all Cuban VJ'rs:

David

congratulations!! WOO HOO!! :dance::thumbs::star:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Congratulations!!

AOS Timeline:

7/30/08: Sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

7/31/08: Received by USCIS

8/06/08: Check cashed

8/07/08: Rec'd NOA for I-485 AOS

8/07/08: AOS, EAD, & AP - Touched

8/08/08: Rec'd NOAs for EAD & AP

8/12/08: Rec'd Biometrics appt letter

8/21/08: Biometrics

9/29/08: EAD & AP - approved!!

10/6/08: EAD & AP - received in the mail!

2/06/09: Received interview notice for March 10th!!

3/10/09: Passed interview - husband's GC approved!!! Woohoo!!! :-)

01/2011: File to remove conditions

Congrats!!!

AOS Journey

July 1. .. . . . . sent AOS packet

July 9. . . . . . . .NOA for I485; I131; I765 issued

July 14 . .. .. . . . NOA hardcopies rec'd

July 30 . . . . . . .. .update on CRIS transfer to CSC

Aug. 5. . . . . ... . . .Biometrics appt. in Dallas

Aug. 21. .. . . . . .. . .AOS touched

Aug. 22 . .. . . . . . . . .AOS touched (again--what's happening over there)

Sept. 2 . . . . . . . . . . . AP approved (dated on letter--case was never viewable online)

Sept. 4 . . . . . . . . . . . E-mail from CRIS EAD card production (Hubby is so excited!!!)

Sept. 5 . . . . . . . . . . . Touch on EAD

Sept 6 . . . . . . . . . . . . AP hardcopy surprised us in the mail!

Sept. 11 . . .. . . . . . . . EAD card arrived (the same day that Keeb got a job offer!! woot!!)

Sept. 24. . . . . . . . . . .. CRIS said. .. AOS card production ordered!!!

Sept 28. . .. . . . . . . . . .Welcome Letter rec'd

Sept. 30 . . . . . .. . . . . .GC in mail

Congratulations!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.