jundp

Pregnancy and age

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm curious as to what people would consider "too old" to have a baby.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

too old would be.....

if your too old to take care of them, like your old and ill and really don't need the responsibility of another life.

if you are up in age that presents more birth defects to the fetus...such as having old eggs and old sperm...things like this increase chances of certain things like Downs.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Interesting question. 50 years ago, 40 was too old. But I think the age limit can be stretched greatly, due to medical advancements and average family income. Being able to enjoy being a new parent over 45 or 50, now that's a different story. I think it varies from individual to individual. Children today really need an active, involved parent. You're only as old as you feel!

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Do you think it matters if there's a big age difference between children?

I agree though that you should be able to provide for and enjoy being a parent. I wouldn't want to be attending soccer club games at 60....unless it was for my grandchild :)

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

my parents had 3 children in their early 20's and then another 3 children around their 40's...

I am going to be 34 this year and I would like to have a child soon before I get too old.... I would like to be able to enjoy my grandchildren..... :unsure:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think only you can really judge that for yourself with the helpful input of your gynocologist.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm 42 and would like to have one more baby before I am 45. That is my cutoff age. Everyone's different though since you have to take into consideration your energy level, etc. I'm actually going in to get my tubal ligation reversed on April 21 and am so excited! I have two children ages 10 and 11 and while it is a big age gap it's no bigger than my mom's and her sister's.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm 56 and my son is 11 weeks old. When I was 40, if someone has asked me if that was too old to become a parent I probably would have said yes that it's too old. Now I'd say you just need to be able to take care of your child. I am fortunate to have excellent health and I'll probably live to 80+ (or even 90+) so I guess I'm OK on that.

I looked in my son's eyes this morning before I left for work. He smiled and laughed as we talked "baby talk" for a while. For that moment that was the only thing in the world that mattered ...

Edited by garya505

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

hmmm well my mother in law had her second son 3 yrs ago and she was 42,

and there was a lady in romania who had a baby 2 yrs ago and she was 78

so i dunno, once you are not physically able to put down the walker and bend over to pick up the baby? :D

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

so i dunno, once you are not physically able to put down the walker and bend over to pick up the baby? :D

78??? :blink:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

78??? :blink:

yea. it was creepy, and she had to have a c-section, she was artificially pregnanted, but she still had the baby.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think if you are getting pregnant with a little help from a fertility doctor, you should seriously look at the consequences beforehand. I can see being, oh, I don't know, 40-50 and wanting ONE child. But to seek treatments and end up with 3-4-5-6...kids would be just plain crazy.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip