B'sA

this is for girls with an american fiance

338 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Latina women are more submissive by nature, so they are a better match for the typical power-hungry American man.

generalizing much?

I don't know where you got that idea, maybe it's a spanish thing. I haven't met many women that are submissive. Maybe I always hung out with ''independent-hungry women'' who loved the fact they could work and support themselves. Yes, I've met some women that would love to have a man to pay for everything and never work a day in their lives, but that was very rare.

My worst nightmare when I came here was that my husband would have to support me for months until I could work. I still have trouble finding a job in my area, last week I accepted a job that I would never accept in case I knew I could easily find something better, but at this point, I don't know when I'll find something better, so I'll work at this brainless job that I know I'll absolutely hate just so I don't have to spend 1 more minute at home being supported by a man.

But hey, that's me. Maybe I'm different from all the other latina submissive women ;)

What? I thought you accepted the job because it was Charles's will, and you submissively do what he thinks is best. Are you from South America or not?? You sound dangerously "American."

;)

you got me. Charles is so mean, he said it's either that or you have to go do what every other latin do: FRY BURGERS! :lol:

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

now seriously, I could settle to be a stay home wife if I had like 4 kids, you know? having no kids, what on Earth would I do home? There is only so much cleaning you can do and tv you can watch and books you can read, and sit here doing what? waiting to die? That's crazy life. I couldn't do that.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

how is it possible for american women and foreign men to be in successful couples?

The American women must be in that 20% of who are atypical.

i understand that for the most part, you were not even stating your opinion…you were giving an explanation as to why the divorce rate is so high in America…you are stating that as if it is fact, and as if you have some authority on the matter.

Yes, statistics are fact. Do you not agree with that? 80%/20% those are facts, as much as you don't want to accept them.

I was giving you my opinion all along, I never stated that it was facts. I never claimed to be an authority on the subject. If you inferred it that way, I can't help that.

If you want my bottom-line opinion, here it is: Most American women are a big pain in the a**, and just not worth the hassle.

i understand that for the most part, you were not even stating your opinion…you were giving an explanation as to why the divorce rate is so high in America…you are stating that as if it is fact, and as if you have some authority on the matter.

Yes, statistics are fact. Do you not agree with that? 80%/20% those are facts, as much as you don't want to accept them.

I was giving you my opinion all along, I never stated that it was facts. I never claimed to be an authority on the subject. If you inferred it that way, I can't help that.

If you want my bottom-line opinion, here it is: Most American women are a big pain in the a**, and just not worth the hassle.

I know he's wrong, but let him have his opinion. Thankfully, he has met the woman that fits what he wants in a wife, the same as all of us. Lets hope they live their lives happily and be thankful that he didn't marry a dominate, overbearing career oriented woman like all of us ;) Any which way, I know my marriage isn't what a lot of people would want, and his isn't what a lot of people would want. That's ok since in the end, all of us just want to be happy. I would appreciate it if you would stop stereotyping me as the type of woman that annoys me though. I can have a career, be a loving wife, clean the house, be an amazing mom and not force my husband to bend to my will all the time. We should hang out :)

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Timeline
What? I thought you accepted the job because it was Charles's will, and you submissively do what he thinks is best. Are you from South America or not?? You sound dangerously "American."

;)

whoa wait a minute you mean i got an american wife?!?!?!??!?!?! :help:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yugoslavia
Timeline
Girls,I need to vent now!

If any of you have had a similar situation, please share!

I'm talking about how we get judged by people who don't really know us, but have the feeling we're hunting.

I spent a hole summer with my fiance and i got really close to some of his friends and his family really likes me, but there is people who are trying to make him think that getting married to me is a mistake. He don't give a s.....t on all those"advisers", but that is pissing me off.

And i wonder is it a hole life i'm going to be disrespected by b...ches who are going to think i'm week for not having attitude with my husbend,i'm week if i'm not acting like a b...ch? :devil:

have you been disrespected like this ever? How do you handle.

I mean, as long as i don't meet these certain persons i'm cool, but it's enough to remember about them and i get all irritated.

That's not fare.

HOW ABOUT A GIRL WITH A SOUTH AFRICAN FIANCEE, all I hear from my now EX FRIENDS, is that he only wants to marry you to get his GREEN CARD...You are giving him the gift of the UNITED STAES..........I can not stand it any longer, I left New York in November and I am waiting in South Africa with him till the K1 visa goes thru and I will never speak to those so called friends, even one girl was going to be my Maid of Honor....... People are just rotten all over and you have to just forget about them and go on with your life...Good Luck and Best wishes

Terry

Thank you for saying that. I too am USC w/ husband waiting in Montenegro ---- it definitely works both ways. Either way people don't understand. That's why we are all waiting .

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

As someone who has taken more than one statistics course, I can assure you that statistics are not "fact." At least not once people use the data for their own purposes.

Theoretically speaking, statistics could (and should) be fact. But the most important thing to look for when viewing any statistical research is see where the data came from and who is paying for it all. For instance, you'd see far different statistics over who has died due to drunk driving if MADD pushed a statistical study versus Budweiser.

Statistics are just numbers, charts, graphs and the people who know how to work these in favor of their cause can make practically anything they want go their way. It's very easy to skew the results from statistical research. The public tends to believe what they see, since if it's shown to them in an important and respected magazine or newspaper like Time or the Wall Street Journal, it must be true, right?

Well... no, not really. It's not a complete lie, but it's not the whole truth, either. ;)

Edited by DeadPoolX

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline

I hope for your sake,your Tica never becomes Americanized.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Timeline

So I guess kid brooklyn's mother is a pain in the a$$....

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Timeline

;)

whoa wait a minute you mean i got an american wife?!?!?!??!?!?! :help:

you didn't know that? I've been opening cans and boxes of food to feed myself instead of cooking, of course I am american :P

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Yes, I agree with what you said. I am an American man, and I have a foreign fiancee and we are doing the K-1 visa. I know she feels uncomfortable that people think of her as a gold digger, and that she's using me to come to the US, which couldn't be any further from the truth. Nobody has, or will in the future, disrespect her in front of me, because they know how I'll react, but I know they talk behind our backs.

American women don't like foreign women actually treating a man with respect and being good wives. They put tgem down for it. They don't want men to know what it's like to have an respectful wife. They want to be able to control men and be bitches and have all the power. Pay not attention to it, they're just angry and jealous that an American man would choose a foreigner over them.

I totally agree. The women in the U.S. are power hungry. A U.S. man matches up perfectly with a foreighn woman. They have been raised to compement each other.

I doubt they've been raised to be bought by American men like some sort of breeding project. Any foreign woman, by the way? Does it matter who your fiance is beyond being foreign and from a country with a poor economy?

My new theory is that people who generalize about an entire culture based on what an Internet website spoonfeeds them deserve what they get.

--

To the OP: there's a huge American stereotype that foreign women use American men for greencards. Your fiance's family is concerned about him because this is a little bit strange for them. Most of this will be overcome with time and patience. Stereotypes tend not to stand up to reality for very long.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07