B'sA

this is for girls with an american fiance

338 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
What often amuses (and frustrates) me in this process on a personal level is when people -- family, friends and even strangers -- say uninformed things such as "why couldn't you find an American guy/girl to marry?" or "what's wrong with marrying American?" :rolleyes:

To them, I answer: nothing is "wrong" with marrying an American and I never went looking for someone in a foreign country. I think we can all agree that our lives would be much easier if our significant others were from our own nation. We fell in love with other individuals from foreign countries for a multitude of reasons, very few of which include the often mentioned "American men/women suck" idea. If American men and women were so very awful, our partners would probably see very little in us, since most of us here on this board (and everyone petitioning their loved ones to live in the U.S.) is American!

So it's not that we "chose" to look elsewhere or that we have some sort of "aversion" to Americans of the opposite sex. We just found the person we want to be with living somewhere else. Their nationality has very little to do with it. I wish more people -- American or otherwise -- could see that clearly, but that's probably asking too much out of the average person. :(

Oh goodness gracious,I am soooooo sick and tired of constantly hearing that.Especially from my family. :wacko:

CAN WE JUST STOP THIS RIDICULOUS TOPIC... THIS SITE IS MEANT TO BE A PLACE WHERE PEOPLE GO FOR HELP AND SUPPORT NOT TO SEE ANYONE BICKER OVER PERSONAL OPINIONS. I VOTE TO HAVE THIS TOPIC DROPPED ALREADY!!!

Is somebody forcing you to read it? You are free to skip over any threads which don't interest you.

How can one possibly miss it? It's like *POW*, in your face.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been laughing so hard at the end of this thread....no caps lock... :lol::lol::lol:

And that's what we need...to be able to laugh and vent...it make the absurdities and frustrations of life easier to handle!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline
Yes, I agree with what you said. I am an American man, and I have a foreign fiancee and we are doing the K-1 visa. I know she feels uncomfortable that people think of her as a gold digger, and that she's using me to come to the US, which couldn't be any further from the truth. Nobody has, or will in the future, disrespect her in front of me, because they know how I'll react, but I know they talk behind our backs.

American women don't like foreign women actually treating a man with respect and being good wives. They put tgem down for it. They don't want men to know what it's like to have an respectful wife. They want to be able to control men and be bitches and have all the power. Pay not attention to it, they're just angry and jealous that an American man would choose a foreigner over them.

I totally agree. The women in the U.S. are power hungry. A U.S. man matches up perfectly with a foreighn woman. They have been raised to compement each other.
younglove43543.jpg

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline
Yes, I agree with what you said. I am an American man, and I have a foreign fiancee and we are doing the K-1 visa. I know she feels uncomfortable that people think of her as a gold digger, and that she's using me to come to the US, which couldn't be any further from the truth. Nobody has, or will in the future, disrespect her in front of me, because they know how I'll react, but I know they talk behind our backs.

American women don't like foreign women actually treating a man with respect and being good wives. They put tgem down for it. They don't want men to know what it's like to have an respectful wife. They want to be able to control men and be bitches and have all the power. Pay not attention to it, they're just angry and jealous that an American man would choose a foreigner over them.

I totally agree. The women in the U.S. are power hungry. A U.S. man matches up perfectly with a foreighn woman. They have been raised to compement each other.

Sorry I meant COMPLIMENT.
younglove43543.jpg

Actually, you mean complement. :P Although it's perfectly possible for you to pay compliments to each other, too.

I find it very sad that you should actually believe what you've written; I may not be American but I know some lovely American women. Are your mothers, sisters and daughters also all power-hungry and control bitches or are they mysteriously exempt?

Back on topic:

What often amuses (and frustrates) me in this process on a personal level is when people -- family, friends and even strangers -- say uninformed things such as "why couldn't you find an American guy/girl to marry?" or "what's wrong with marrying American?" :rolleyes:

To them, I answer: nothing is "wrong" with marrying an American and I never went looking for someone in a foreign country. I think we can all agree that our lives would be much easier if our significant others were from our own nation. We fell in love with other individuals from foreign countries for a multitude of reasons, very few of which include the often mentioned "American men/women suck" idea. If American men and women were so very awful, our partners would probably see very little in us, since most of us here on this board (and everyone petitioning their loved ones to live in the U.S.) is American!

So it's not that we "chose" to look elsewhere or that we have some sort of "aversion" to Americans of the opposite sex. We just found the person we want to be with living somewhere else. Their nationality has very little to do with it. I wish more people -- American or otherwise -- could see that clearly, but that's probably asking too much out of the average person. :(

:yes:

The 'why can't you get someone in your own city/country' one irritates me because there's a hidden implication in the comment that, hey, aren't you good enough to catch a local? I've never had any problems finding a boyfriend locally; it's simply that now I have Alex, I can't think of anyone that'd be better for me, and I'd be a fool to give him up despite the hard work it may take to get us together!

Oh - and I dearly love my housemate, but she can be a little insensitive sometimes. She lives two hours away from her boyfriend and sees him nearly once a week, but she'll say things like 'I hardly ever get to see him!' or 'it's so hard maintaining a long distance relationship!' Um, thanks for the vote of confidence, there. :P

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Actually, you mean complement. :P Although it's perfectly possible for you to pay compliments to each other, too.

I find it very sad that you should actually believe what you've written; I may not be American but I know some lovely American women. Are your mothers, sisters and daughters also all power-hungry and control bitches or are they mysteriously exempt?

Back on topic:

Thank God you said this....I've been thinking this all along.

I'm a USC woman and was not looking for a non-USC man - that's just what happened. I have NOTHING against American men (except my dad hahaha), it just turned out I fell in love with a Brazilian. My sister married a great American guy - my mother is very happy with BOTH of our husbands.

Edited by bora bora

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

so if american women are power hungry, and american men are perfectly matched with foreign women (who i am assuming you consider to be submissive), are they perfectly matched because american men are also power hungry and they go nicely with submissive foreign women??? do american men mismatch with american woman because both of them are power hungry???

lets further that thought...so if both american women and men are power hungry, then how is it possible for american women and foreign men to be in successful couples? is your thinking that all americans are power hungry and that all people from other countries are submissive??? because that just does not make sense

yea, i study philosophy, so if youre having trouble following that, id be happy to elaborate :)

basically youre just talking a bunch of nonsense. a relationship is not about power, and if it is then that relationship is an unhealthy one, regardless of what country the couple is from. but dont tell my fiance, ive got him fooled into thinking that we are in an equal partnership, when in reality i have him under mind control. :devil:

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

lets further that thought...so if both american women and men are power hungry, then how is it possible for american women and foreign men to be in successful couples? is your thinking that all americans are power hungry and that all people from other countries are submissive??? because that just does not make sense

The fact is that American men are very power hungry (large house, fast car, high position, etc). That's why the divorce rate is so high here, because men and women both want to be the dominant one, so it doesn't often work out. Many American women must always be right and have the last word. They often want to make most of the decisions. Yes, many foreign women are more submissive, and that appeals to American men. That doesn't mean that they are doormats or slaves, but they are raised in a more traditional way. I'm sure somebody will give the "We're equals..." rhetoric, but that only exists in theory.

I read a statistic about Latinos and Americans marriages. I'm not implying this applies to other cultures, strictly Latinos and Americans. The divorce rate for American women & Latino men is like 80% while American men and Latina women are only 20%. Latinos are a very machismo culture. The men are dominant and consider themselves the head of the household when it comes to decisions, finances, etc. Many American women who marry Latinos just can't accept that. And Latino men will not put up with them either. Conversely, Latina women are more submissive by nature, so they are a better match for the typical power-hungry American man.

Not all Americans are power-hungry and not all foreigners are submissive. That's why there are successful relationships with foreigners for both men and women.

Edited by kid brooklyn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The fact is that American men are very power hungry (large house, fast car, high position, etc). That's why the divorce rate is so high here, because men and women both want to be the dominant one, so it doesn't often work out. Many American women must always be right and have the last word. They often want to make most of the decisions. Yes, many foreign women are more submissive, and that appeals to American men. That doesn't mean that they are doormats or slaves, but they are raised in a more traditional way. I'm sure somebody will give the "We're equals..." rhetoric, but that only exists in theory.

I read a statistic about Latinos and Americans marriages. I'm not implying this applies to other cultures, strictly Latinos and Americans. The divorce rate for American women & Latino men is like 80% while American men and Latina women are only 20%. Latinos are a very machismo culture. The men are dominant and consider themselves the head of the household when it comes to decisions, finances, etc. Many American women who marry Latinos just can't accept that. And Latino men will not put up with them either. Conversely, Latina women are more submissive by nature, so they are a better match for the typical power-hungry American man.

LOL. Gird your loins, you're about to get what you deserve if the right people happen to be online. :)

LOL. Gird your loins, you're about to get what you deserve if the right people happen to be online. :)

Good. I have plenty more to say about this.

The fact is that American men are very power hungry (large house, fast car, high position, etc).

you can make generalizations, great, we already got that.

That's why the divorce rate is so high here, because men and women both want to be the dominant one, so it doesn't often work out. Many American women must always be right and have the last word. They often want to make most of the decisions.

Oh yes, it's clearly women's fault. We argue our views so divorce rate is high. I see your logic.

Yes, many foreign women are more submissive, and that appeals to American men. That doesn't mean that they are doormats or slaves, but they are raised in a more traditional way. I'm sure somebody will give the "We're equals..." rhetoric, but that only exists in theory.

I don't think anyone says that women and men are exactly equal. We are not the same, but that doesnt mean that one person should dominate the relationship EITHER WAY...its a give and take. How does your fiance / wife feel about what youre saying? I feel bad for her if the reason you are with her is because she is submissive and because she is not american.

I read a statistic about Latinos and Americans marriages. I'm not implying this applies to other cultures, strictly Latinos and Americans. The divorce rate for American women & Latino men is like 80% while American men and Latina women are only 20%. Latinos are a very machismo culture.

And do you honestly think that american culture is any different??? do you think american society is equal for men and women??? youre views are seriously skewed and you better get some new glasses if thats what youre seeing.

The men are dominant and consider themselves the head of the household when it comes to decisions, finances, etc. Many American women who marry Latinos just can't accept that. And Latino men will not put up with them either.

they wont 'put up with it?' wow.

Conversely, Latina women are more submissive by nature, so they are a better match for the typical power-hungry American man.

gimme a break.

Not all Americans are power-hungry and not all foreigners are submissive.

You just SAID that american men and women are power hungry and both want to be the dominant one...please refer to sentence number 2 of your nonsense analyses of divorce in america.

That's why there are successful relationships with foreigners for both men and women.

why, exactly???

one more thing kid brooklyn -- please define submissive for me if you think that a submissive woman is not a doormat or slave...im curious to know how you define the term to mean something positive.

one more thing kid brooklyn -- please define submissive for me if you think that a submissive woman is not a doormat or slave...im curious to know how you define the term to mean something positive.

Somebody who doesn't always have to be in charge, have the last word, or always be right. I'm assuming that's probably the exact opposite of your personality.

As an American woman, you won't allow yourself to understand my explanation in my previous post simply because it does not match your point of view, so it must be wrong.

Btw, my girlfriend says she appreciates your concern.

Edited by kid brooklyn

Somebody who doesn't always have to be in charge, have the last word, or always be right.

That sounds more like compromise to me - something both women AND men should strive for in marriage, American or not

90day.jpg