june007

divorce decree from US

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi friends,

anyone please help me with this question.

My husband got his divorce from previous marriage from US court. He is having only a copy of the divorce decree with him, Is it enough if i produce this copy for my interview at chennai. should i send his divorce decree along with my DS230.

Apart from birth certificate and copy of passport should i include any other civil documents along with the Ds230 of my daughter(from my previous marriage). I have got a court order giving me her full coustody .

Will NVC send us the DS230 form or should we download it , if so,is it necessary that we take the printouts on both sides of the paper.

Please help me

Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline
My husband got his divorce from previous marriage from US court. He is having only a copy of the divorce decree with him, Is it enough if i produce this copy for my interview at chennai. should i send his divorce decree along with my DS230.

Apart from birth certificate and copy of passport should i include any other civil documents along with the Ds230 of my daughter(from my previous marriage). I have got a court order giving me her full coustody .

Should be very easy to get a proper divorce certificate from the state that the divorce occurred in. Usually, he will just need to sign a form, include a copy of his ID, and pay a small fee.

IR-5 Immediate relative parent of adult U.S. citizen, §201(b)

I-130 [100 Days] (+10 days transiting)

03/30/07 Naturalization oath

03/30/07 I-130 sent to VSC priority mail

04/09/07 NOA "Received Date"

05/08/07 NOA1 issued by CSC, rcvd 05/11/07

07/18/07 I-130 approved!

07/23/07 NOA2 received

NVC [73 Days] (+23 days transiting) ** using James' NVC Shortcuts 2.0 **

08/10/07 NVC received, case number MOS*** assigned

08/20/07 DS-3032 & I-864 fee bill generated

08/23/07 DS-3032 delivered to NVC

08/23/07 I-864 payt delivered to St. Louis

08/27/07 IV fee bill generated

08/28/07 I-864 payt processed

09/03/07 I-864 package generated

09/08/07 IV fee bill received & payt sent

09/11/07 IV payt delivered to St. Louis

09/13/07 I-864 entered onto case

09/17/07 IV payt processed

09/24/07 DS-230 generated

09/25/07 I-864 RFE issued

10/01/07 I-864 RFE & DS-230 delivered to NVC

10/04/07 I-864 RFE & DS-230 entered onto case

10/22/07 Case complete at NVC!

12/10/07 NVC schedules the interview, finally!

12/17/07 Case left NVC

Embassy (Moscow)

12/20/07 Medical exam

01/10/08 Interview APPROVED!

01/15/08 Visa rcvd!

01/26/08 Entered USA

02/04/08 SSN card rcvd (from DS-230 appl./EAE)

02/16,21,25/08 OS155A msg. from TSC

02/28/08 PR card rcvd!

Hi friends,

anyone please help me with this question.

Will NVC send us the DS230 form or should we download it , if so,is it necessary that we take the printouts on both sides of the paper.

Please help me

Send whatever NVC asks you to send with DS 230. You can download DS 230. I think, it is better to have the original divorce decree ready instead of the photocopy. One can obtain a certified copy from the court, if the original is not available.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't remember adding my divorce decree with my husband's DS-230, but that was because I (the US citizen) was the one who was divorced not he. If you (the immigrating alien) are divorced, then yes-a certified copy of the divorce decree will need to be sent with your DS-230. Send originals or certified copies of everything the NVC asks. Make 2 clear photocopies of the documents before you send them to the NVC too-just in case!

:)

CR1 application

I-130: 03/26/2007-07/02/2007 at NSC

NVC: 07/20/2007-11/08/2007

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 01/18/2008

(2 months' additional security checks)

Received Green Card: 05/12/2008

Removal of Conditions

I-751: 2/25/10-

Timeline

What you send depends on whether your embassy has appointment or standard processing, I'm not sure which applies to Chennai. As simple male mentioned, you will need to send whatever they request in their letter that accompanies the DS-230 instructions. Perhaps someone who has gone through Chennai will come along and clarify that.

You can download the DS-230 - they do not send you a hard copy of it, they simply send you a link to the form for you to fill out and print to send.

Original documents are required, not a photocopies - a certified copy from the court or issuing authority is the same thing as an original to NVC.

Is your Daughter going with you to the United States - if so, even though you have full custody - at the interview they will probably want you to produce a letter from the child's Father stating that he has given his permission for her to go and live with you in the U.S..

Documents that are normally requested with the DS-230 for NVC Appointment processing:

2 x U.S. Passport Photos

Birth Certificate

Court and Prison Records

Deportation Documentation

Marriage Certificate

Marriage Termination Documentation

Military Records

Photocopy of Valid Passport Biographic Data Page

Police Certificate(s)

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

PS on the daughter if she is coming, you will need to have a notarized letter sent with the DS230, even though it says it no where on any forms they will RFE for it. We were sent an RFE for a notorized letter from the mom staing she will allow the boys to immigrate to the us. Then you have to see what your country requirements are when you do leave. Get the letter now so you will not be delayed by and RFE for it at the NVC level.

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Timeline
PS on the daughter if she is coming, you will need to have a notarized letter sent with the DS230, even though it says it no where on any forms they will RFE for it. We were sent an RFE for a notorized letter from the mom staing she will allow the boys to immigrate to the us. Then you have to see what your country requirements are when you do leave. Get the letter now so you will not be delayed by and RFE for it at the NVC level.

I have a court order giving full legal custody of my child , i think that will be sufficient, it is difficult to get a consent letter from my ex.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I would suggest then to send these custody papers with the DS230. When I received my RFE they stated I needed a letter ( notarized ) giving permission for the boys to immigrate. Good luck let me know.

I have a court order giving full legal custody of my child , i think that will be sufficient, it is difficult to get a consent letter from my ex.

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Timeline

hi,

Please go the following website, enter your consulate name and you will know what all documents you have to submit with the DS230.

DS 230 processsing

You will know what all to submit to the NVC. Remeber one thing, all documents have to be in English, you can send them notarised copies of the original obtained from the original places.

Keep originals for the interview. You will need your husbands original divorce decree. he can contact lawyer or the court of his to get it. You will need at time of interview.

The DS 230 is for the beneficairy which is you, you have to sign PARt 1 and keep part 2 unsigned.

Best of luck

I hope this helps

Jigi

Feb 1,2007 - I-130 Reached USCIS.

Feb 4,2007 - I-130 accepted > Get USCIS case Number NOA1.

May 8 ,2007- GET NVC Case Number > NOA2.

June 16 ,2007- Get Order from NVC to pay 70$.

July 2 ,2007- Get DS-3032 in India.

July 7,2007 - DS-3032 choice of address agent entered in NVC.

July 14 ,2007- Get I-864.

July 18 ,2007- I-864 Enters NVC.

July 29 ,2007- Get Order to Pay 380$ fee.

Aug 3 ,2007- 380$ Fee Reached St Louis.

Aug 25,2007 - NVC & St Louis People receive photocopy of my payment with USPS receipt.

After WAITING for 37 days.

Sept 10,2007 - 380$ fee encashed.

Sept 24,2007 - Receive DS-230 in Mail.

Sept 25,2007 - DS-230 despatched.

Sept 26,2007- DS-230 Delivered.

Oct 1,2007 - NVC has DS-230.

Oct 12, 2007 - DS-230 Reviewed. Case Complete

Oct 16, 2007 - Case at Embassy.

Oct 25, 2007- Interview Letter Despatched from Embassy.

Nov 3, 2007 - Recieved Interview Letter.

Dec 1, 2007 - Medical Exam .

I GOT IT

Jan 16 - I am in USA

April 15 2008 - Get my Drivers License.

I-751 Lifting Conditions at California Service Center

November 12, 2009 - I-751 Sent via USPS Express Mail

November 13, 2009 - Receipt of I-1751 Fee

November 20, 2009 - Arrested on Domestic Battery(Had argument with wife)

December 18, 2009 - Biometrics Completed at 9 am.

January 13, 2010 - Receive I-797E Notice for more evidence

February 16, 2010 - Mail reaches Californa Service Center( Next day of Preseidents Day)

February 19, 2010 - Card Production Ordered. Status now IR1

Timeline

I hope that will be the case - however they generally will ask you for the approval letter from the other parent.

A member of VJ had her interview in Montreal on February 4th - she also has full custody. Her visa is now pending - waiting for the approval letter from the Father. Her interview review can be viewed here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1561751

Good luck

Timeline

please tell me whether you had the nototized letter in plain paper or on stamp paper . if you don't mind may i have a sample of the letter which you sent to NVC .

Timeline

Narocks: please help me with the consent letter part.

also pls tell me whether i should sent certified copy of my divorce decree and new marriage certificate also along with my child's Ds230 apart from her original birth certificate.

please help

What you send depends on whether your embassy has appointment or standard processing, I'm not sure which applies to Chennai. As simple male mentioned, you will need to send whatever they request in their letter that accompanies the DS-230 instructions. Perhaps someone who has gone through Chennai will come along and clarify that.

You can download the DS-230 - they do not send you a hard copy of it, they simply send you a link to the form for you to fill out and print to send.

Original documents are required, not a photocopies - a certified copy from the court or issuing authority is the same thing as an original to NVC.

Is your Daughter going with you to the United States - if so, even though you have full custody - at the interview they will probably want you to produce a letter from the child's Father stating that he has given his permission for her to go and live with you in the U.S..

Documents that are normally requested with the DS-230 for NVC Appointment processing:

2 x U.S. Passport Photos

Birth Certificate

Court and Prison Records

Deportation Documentation

Marriage Certificate

Marriage Termination Documentation

Military Records

Photocopy of Valid Passport Biographic Data Page

Police Certificate(s)

The documents which are requested all refer to the beneficiary - is that right? So if the beneficiary has not been divorced. But the petitioner has - do you need to send in the petitioner's divorce docs at this stage?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.