domesticviolence

Threatening me to go back home or stay after the Greencard then he will divorce me.

31 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
Hi! I got here in US through k1 fiance visa. During the day of our marriage he almost got killed me in the car. Then he told me that he just needed me here to become his housemaid and if i dont want to,he told me to go back to Philippines. After that event,things have changed.He always yell at me and blame me for a miserable life. I cannot just call a police because he warned me already that if i will call a police He dont know what he can do to me.I am scared. Then last night and several times he told me to choose between: to go back home or to wait for the greencard then he will divorce me. What kind of husband is he?Just because i told him that he will be the one to wash the dishes he used,he wants me to choose between those two options..Please do help.we didnt file adjustment of status yet,but it is set on friday which i dont know if he wants to or not.What will i do?

First thing is to go to a Woman's Protective Shelter. This is basically a safety house for woman who are abused by their husbands and boyfriends.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Firstly, you should get out from that relationship and be at a safe place where he can't threaten you. Your safety should be your priority and you can worry about others later.

Hope you will be OK soon.

03/21/06- Met online

10/13/06- Met in person (Los Angeles USA) (three weeks)

12/20/06- Met in person (Kuala Lumpur Malaysia) (three weeks)

02/13/07- Met in person (Nagoya Japan) (two days)

06/21/07- Met in person (Portland Oregon (via PDX), USA) (three weeks)

11/30/07- Met in person (Portland Oregon (via LAX), USA) (six weeks)

12/12/07- Got married (In a Light House!!!)

01/18/08- I-130 sent

01/21/08- I-130 received at Chicago Lock Box

02/15/08- Check cashed

02/26/08- NOA1 received (Notice date: 2/12/2008)

02/19/08- Touched

04/23/08- Met in person (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) (one week)

04/30/08- Here I am in USA!!!!

05/19/08- I-130 approved!

05/27/08- NVC received our application and case number assigned

06/02/08- DS-3032 sent & AOS Bill Generated

06/05/08- Paid AOS Bill online

06/16/08- DS-3032 email accepted by NVC

08/28/08- Case completed!

10/21/08- Interview date (Rescheduled by US Embassy- Original date 10/28)-PASSED!!!

10/22/08- Visa in hand!

10/31/08- POE- Seattle, WA

11/12/08- Received SSN in mail!

11/20/08- Got my WA driving license!

I-751

08/03/10- I-751 sent

08/09/10- NOA

08/24/10- Biometrics

10/28/10- Case approved

.png

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

We have a friend whose husband made her get out of the car in a bad neighborhood and left her. She called someone to pick her up and then filed a police report. Later they got divorced ,less than two months of marriage, she then self petitioned and her GC interview was about 5 minutes and they approved her. They said that she met the spirit of the visa when she married in good faith but married a bad guy. Just make sure that your abuse is documented.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It is simple, go back home to Phillipines, get out of the relationship and leave the USA, why stay since it is not going to work out. :whistle:

Hi! I got here in US through k1 fiance visa. During the day of our marriage he almost got killed me in the car. Then he told me that he just needed me here to become his housemaid and if i dont want to,he told me to go back to Philippines. After that event,things have changed.He always yell at me and blame me for a miserable life. I cannot just call a police because he warned me already that if i will call a police He dont know what he can do to me.I am scared. Then last night and several times he told me to choose between: to go back home or to wait for the greencard then he will divorce me. What kind of husband is he?Just because i told him that he will be the one to wash the dishes he used,he wants me to choose between those two options..Please do help.we didnt file adjustment of status yet,but it is set on friday which i dont know if he wants to or not.What will i do?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
It is simple, go back home to Phillipines, get out of the relationship and leave the USA, why stay since it is not going to work out. :whistle:

What's simple is the obvious agenda behind your comment. I suggest the OP considers the constructive advice given in the more helpful posts that came beforehand.

Filed: Timeline

zqt, Are you offering to pay her plane ticket? Put her up in a hotel until she finds a job and place to live? Pay for her meals and other expenses while she tries to put a life back together? Replace all the clothes and furniture and other things a person needs to live?

No? But it's so *simple.* Oh wait...what's that other word that works better? Oh yeah...HARD. Try thinking things through a little more before you start copy-catting an agenda that you don't completely understand.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline

Your life is way more important than the AOS.Get out of this dangerous situation ASAP.I will be praying for you.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Blossom, go online for some shelters in your area please keep yourself safe and if need be, go back home with some time and money in hand

I wish you the best, you are in our prayers

Tammy

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

just wait for the green card and get a divorce or call the abuse hotline.

it is your option actually, here in the US one doesn't have any friend or relative will be harsh. beside your husband is that all his life will be that way he won't change.

so you have to make a decision either wait for the green card and start a new life here in the US or go back to the Philippines start old life which is will be never be the same.

Marriage : 2006-05-17

-------------------------
USCIS Process
-------------------------
I-130 Sent : 2007-06-12
I-130 Approved : 2007-12-05
Status: Take 179 days to complete, because of notarize marriage certificate(RFE).

-----------------------
NVC Process
-----------------------
NVC Received : 2007-12-06
Case Completed at NVC : 2008-03-13 Case Complete Forward to Embassy
Case Left NVC : 2008-03-18
Status: Take 97 days to complete, because of the tax return and w2 (RFE),

-----------------------------
Consulate Process
Consulate Received : 5/12/2008 Eligible for interview, waiting for notice (Per DOS)
Packet 4 Received : 6/11/2008
Interview Date : 7/10/2008 interview at 7:15am (Per DOS)
Blue - Required Overcome. Overcome send 7/24
8/19/2008 Going back to GUZ to get visa stamp
Visa Received : 8/22/2008
US Entry : 10/17/2008 JFK Port of Entry

Citizenship Process

N-400 Filed: 11/25/2012

Interview Date: 1/2013 (Passed)

Ceremony: 03/2013

Really sorry to hear about ur situation but i feel you should worry about ur own life and safety.

if u can get ur greencard great but if u think it can be a problem the guess what????

join the military like in the navy u will be ok and you will have a place to live make a decent income and stay away from your husband also and file for divorce.

And once ur in the military you dont have to wait nomatter what status ur on everyone in the military is eligible for citizenship.

In my case i joined the military and chose the same place where i lived before joining to be stationed so that i could stay with my wife and we are very happy together thank god.

I got my citizenship in 2 months from the time i applied .

anyway take care and be safe

god bless.

Things like that are happening more and more. Peeps arn't getting to know each other that well doing LDRs.

LOTS of filipinas will "look the other way" just to get to the US hoping for a better life for themselves and their families. At the same time guys can be looking for a housekeeper and sex partner!

Sometimes things go way past that and you have HAPPY marriage.

SOMETIMES NOT!!

USCIS should require multiple visits. :whistle:

If I were the pinay I'd hang in there until she gets GC and let him divorce her.

She can then remove conditions and get the 10 year GC.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

sweety, i'm so sorry you had to go through this...please be safe and take care...i wish you all the best, you're in my prayers..

(F)(F)(F)(F)

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You need to ask help and used the CFO training everything is there..you don't need to worry for AOS its better to go back home if don't have enough time for filing your AOS.

Hope you will be ok take care always and always pray

"LOTS of filipinas will "look the other way" just to get to the US hoping for a better life for themselves and their families. At the same time guys can be looking for a housekeeper and sex partner!

Sometimes things go way past that and you have HAPPY marriage.

SOMETIMES NOT!!

USCIS should require multiple visits."

Indeed, they should! This is not something common just to Filipinas, by any means. People generally might have different hopes and expectations - a relationship where people are from different cultures, different parts of the world, different backgrounds, is a tough one no matter what country is involved. Things between a couple aren't the same once the immigrant comes to the US. Back in their native land, the relationship is built on a relationship nurtured by the atmosphere of a visit...of a vacation...by the USC, where the immigrant acts a certain way to appease the USC. Perhaps the immigrant cannot sustain that act once he or she arrives in the US, or perceives a change in the attitude of the USC once he or she gets here that is a consequence merely of the different types of obligations and stresses that life in the US brings. Maybe the USC expected the immigrant to be more supportive and understanding, and therein lies the inherent conflict. In the end, things can be and often are blown out of proportion to serve as justification for the demise of the relationship so that the immigrant can get the green card to which, perhaps, they feel entitled. Some of these threads seem like they can be cut and pasted repeatedly. Well, life in the US with the stresses and demands of the lifestyle here is not the same as a vacation or 2, 3 or 4 week at a time trip back home, and as much as the immigrant thinks he or she can hack it once they get here, in many, many cases, the immigrant just doesn't have any idea about the circumstances.

Who should bear the risk in the relationship? Should we line up behind the immigrant to make sure the poor defenseless soul gets to stay in the US? Or, should the immigrant contemplate returning home as an option? Is there a way to accommodate both, because both parties share responsibility for the relationship? Is every misconception or unsatisfied pre-conception always "abuse"? Seems rather odd that, in these threads, it is.

Filed: Timeline
Who should bear the risk in the relationship? Should we line up behind the immigrant to make sure the poor defenseless soul gets to stay in the US? Or, should the immigrant contemplate returning home as an option?

Are you looking for a blanket one-size-fits-all answer to this question?

"poor defenseless soul" seems to indicate you are not interested in finding the real answer to your questions. Sounds like yet another example of your anti-immigrant agenda.

Is there a way to accommodate both, because both parties share responsibility for the relationship? Is every misconception or unsatisfied pre-conception always "abuse"? Seems rather odd that, in these threads, it is.

Why would you equate "misconception or unsatisfied preconception" to "abuse?" Instead of these "wink-wink nudge-nudge" type monologues, why don't you just come right out and say what you are implying?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.