Enlighten one :)

Case Touch

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Two weeks ago I was dancing through the house because my husband's and I I129F case was touched by the USCIS. After visiting this site and reading some post, I have discovered that many VJ'ers cases were touched a couple days in a row that were not even pending or that just received there Receipt number. That burst my bubble.

No our I129f case was touched last night along with out approved already I130. Has everyone Else's cases been touched again? Or can I dance around the house?

Thank you in advance for you input.

Sincerely

Mr. Jibowu

Edited by Lurking

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Two weeks ago I was dancing through the house because my husband's and I I129F case was touched by the USCIS. After visiting this site and reading some post, I have discovered that many VJ'ers cases were touched a couple days in a row that were not even pending or that just received there Receipt number. That burst my bubble.

No our I129f case was touched last night along with out approved already I130. Has everyone Else's cases been touched again? Or can I dance around the house?

Sincerely

Mr. Jibowu

Keep dancing hun - dont let them wear you down xxxxxx

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

There were some other cases where the I130 was approved and then way down the road the I129F was touched. I say any progress is reason to be happy :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sincerely

Mr. Jibowu

our case was touched for the first time on 2-07-08 no approval but im still excited about the touch we have never called them and been waiting since our NOA sept 24th 2007 as i said before im just happy they have not lost us lol

hang in there our prayers are with you and everyone else waiting....... :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

"Touching" is meaningless and no big deal. Some petitions get 'touched" and others never do. It only indicates someone had your petition in their hands and made note of it on the database. What truly counts are NOAs (yeah!) and RFEs (Boo!) :)

what does touched mean???

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I totally agree with the boo's for an RFE :(

Look at our timeline and you can see how many touches we have had .........and still no NOA2 :ranting:

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

yes, we got a touch today and we only got our NOA1 on 2/5...i'm thinking it's pretty meaningless...but still exciting to see some action on our petition so early... :dancing:

02/01/08 I-129F off to VSC!

02/02/08 VSC Received, signed by P Novak 12:02pm

02/05/08 VSC Cash Check and issue NOA1(online)

02/08/08 Touched

02/09/08 NOA1 received in mail

02/11/08 Touched

02/12/08 Touched

02/15/08 Touched

02/24/08 Touched

05/01/08 NOA2 (email)

05/02/08 Touched

05/06/08 NVC received

05/08/08 Hardcopy NOA2

05/08/08 Left NVC London bound!

Timeline

Thank you all for your replies! My lawyer was trying to tell us that the K3 might be canceled because the I130 was approved so soon. I think he was saying that to cover his assets, because he didn't mail out our I129F petition until two months after we sent in our I130.

I fired my lawyer and stopped the cr1 process to go the K3 route. So my brother in law is having trouble trusting my decision. I just hope i made the write one. The Nigerian embassy is taking an average 7 months for a cr1 interview.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Thank you all for your replies! My lawyer was trying to tell us that the K3 might be canceled because the I130 was approved so soon. I think he was saying that to cover his assets, because he didn't mail out our I129F petition until two months after we sent in our I130.

I fired my lawyer and stopped the cr1 process to go the K3 route. So my brother in law is having trouble trusting my decision. I just hope i made the write one. The Nigerian embassy is taking an average 7 months for a cr1 interview.

Was your I-129F approved or just touched? People have been saying that they are being cancelled, others are saying not, it is all very confusing.

I would say, continue on with the CR1 until you get the NOA2 for the I-129F and then go the K3 route. Just so that you don't lose too much time because getting things started back up can be another big ol' pain.

Edited by ZeeNusah

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi!

Im just wondering how would you know if your case is being touched? My papers are in the USCIS at the moment and have been checking it for 7 months and it says "case is received and pending". From the timelines that Ive read seems like many cases has been touched. When I dont think mine is being touched at all. And what does RFE means?

Thank you!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I didn't really pay attention to touches because I wasn't getting any during my process. It was a lot of phone calls to them and waiting patiently :ranting:

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Timeline

I have gone the CR1 route right up to filing the affidavit of support. Once the CR1 hits the embassy, the embassy will process the CR1 over the K3. It take 7 months for a CR1 interview at the Nigerian Embassy and only 2 months for the K3.

Both our K3 and CR1 petition were touched on the same day. For the most part they do mean nothing, but many times people have been approved the next day. Recently many people have been touched. I think someone is going ahead and preparing easy cases for approval, but the USCIS can not touch a case until they are up to that processing date. That is just my opinion to what is going on.

You can tell your case has been touched by the change of the last activity date, if you have an account at the USCIS.

It is still to soon for my case so I will sit patiently and just dance when I feel like it. *wink :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.