scottsvisa

Ipods and mobile phones are not allowed at the US Embassy London

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Do you really think the problem was your solution? It was not. The problem was your snideness. There's no call for it here. Leave *that* at home please.

Wow! I've fallen behind.... I didn't realize that they had made you a moderator, too!

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really think the problem was your solution? It was not. The problem was your snideness. There's no call for it here. Leave *that* at home please.

Wow! I've fallen behind.... I didn't realize that they had made you a moderator, too!

No worries, you've only fallen behind in social manners.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't think it's unreasonable to want to bring your phone - when I get to that point I'm going to have to make a long coach journey to reach London and I may be 'all grown up' but I'm a small town girl at heart and my Mum would worry if she couldn't get hold of me. I think the embassy understands that people have to travel from all over the country to reach the London embassy and that it is reasonable to expect that many will consider a phone to be a practical necessity in the event of any problems with transport - hence why they allow you to leave them with security in a plastic bag.

Settling into married life

Waiting on the EAD, AP, and AOS

Same in Moscow too!

Well, let me tell you that I think is a general rule for all countries. I guess is a general regulation. :blush:

Here in Dominican Republic is the same. They won´t allow you to get in with those items.

In the Philippines too... And the security there will not keep any of your valuables including all electronics devices. So it's either leave it at home/hotel, or have somebody with you to keep your things while waiting outside the embassy's premises.

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
I've left a camera with people in a little hut near the Lenin mausoleum in the middle of Moscow (cameras weren't allowed inside); I didn't even speak their language, so wasn't sure quite what I was doing, but had no problem getting it back afterward; this seems much more straightforward, and I'm sure you'll be fine ;)

Brave girl. :)

:lol:

well, I'd come all that way; I was hardly going to miss my chance to see Lenin, was I? and it was the only way to do it :)

have you been in to see him, mox? it's pretty eerie, and sort of cool... I was there with a woman who I'd met through my host (I did a homestay because it was far more interesting than a hotel), who told me stories about being taken to Red Square by her father and listening to Stalin address the people from the roof of the mausoleum... pretty amazing :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Everything I have heard is that you leave your phone etc with a guard and they give you a ticket that you use to get it all back at the end :) You should be fine. I'll be taking my phone but I can't be bothered with the whole ipod thing - will prolly bring my reading book that I won't be able to read because I will be too nervous :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline

I always have my camera in my bag, and I'm wondering if I'll remember to take it out that day :unsure:

goldangit! I keep getting logged out :angry:

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

I've left a camera with people in a little hut near the Lenin mausoleum in the middle of Moscow (cameras weren't allowed inside); I didn't even speak their language, so wasn't sure quite what I was doing, but had no problem getting it back afterward; this seems much more straightforward, and I'm sure you'll be fine ;)

Brave girl. :)

:lol:

well, I'd come all that way; I was hardly going to miss my chance to see Lenin, was I? and it was the only way to do it :)

have you been in to see him, mox? it's pretty eerie, and sort of cool... I was there with a woman who I'd met through my host (I did a homestay because it was far more interesting than a hotel), who told me stories about being taken to Red Square by her father and listening to Stalin address the people from the roof of the mausoleum... pretty amazing :)

It's the same when you go see Mao's cyrogenically frozen corpse - although the little chinese guy who relieves you of all your electronics doesn't speak english and doesn't seem too trustworthy. I was quite relieved to get everything back in the end Although I'd just read Wild Swans and had a hard time passing by with the same reverence as the locals.

But yes - you will be fine leaving your phone there! Ignore the troll!

90day.jpg

I have not. I spent an entire day camped out at Sheremetyevo (missed connection to Kazan, only one flight a day to Kazan), and I tried to find a cab driver to take me around to see the sites, but what they wanted to charge me was obscene.

I've heard noise that the government is considering closing Lenin's mausoleum to the public. I hope it doesn't happen before I can get there to see him. Hopefully when Nadya and I head back on a visit we can spend at least a day or 2 in Moscow.

A homestay would definitely be the way to see Moscow and/or Russia. There's no better way to see the real Russia than being in their home.

Timeline

I know! I was so lucky... I was still a student when I went (1993), and under the terms of the visa I had to book accommodation before I left Australia, and all the hotels were prohibitively expensive... but then I found this homestay program, through Intourist, and stayed with this lovely couple; he was a teacher, and was on holidays at the time I was there, and insisted that he be my guide around Moscow so I didn't have to spend extra money on one... I had a fabulous time :)

and there were mutterings about it being closed to the public just before I went too, so I don't think they're moving very fast on it ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

I know! I was so lucky... I was still a student when I went (1993), and under the terms of the visa I had to book accommodation before I left Australia, and all the hotels were prohibitively expensive... but then I found this homestay program, through Intourist, and stayed with this lovely couple; he was a teacher, and was on holidays at the time I was there, and insisted that he be my guide around Moscow so I didn't have to spend extra money on one... I had a fabulous time :)

Lucky you! I have to say (subjectively of course) that my tour guide was better than yours, but I really want to see Moscow. Maybe next summer.

and there were mutterings about it being closed to the public just before I went too, so I don't think they're moving very fast on it ;)

Hence the Russian saying: the man who runs down the street is a tourist. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Well, I would not expect my fiancée to board an overnight train with her children and go all the way to Moscow without a mobile phone. Lacking the ability to contact someone on her phone (such as ME) is hardly desirable. Carrying a mobile phone is not exactly terrorist activity nor for display of status. It is a personal safety and comfort issue! I'd hardly call that, "#######".

And my reply basically comes down to "Leave your ####### at home." Seems like a simple solution, eh?

Oh, so true! :lol:

Hence the Russian saying: the man who runs down the street is a tourist. :)
Edited by Kazan' Tiger

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Regardless of what we think or are comfortable with, it's embassy policy in a lot of the embassies.

In Jamaica, you give electronics to some really shady characters and hope they aren't gone when you come back out.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

I don't think anyone has a problem with the embassy policy, just with the rudeness of the poster who... was rude ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

This isn't about embassy policy. I'm saying the idea that a mobile phone should be left at home because its "#######" is off base. As a woman, would you feel comfortable traveling overnight for 800 km, on a train, with your two young children in tow, and not be able to call for assistance or help if you needed too? My fiancée will be away from home for several days, I think the idea she should leave her phone, aka #######, at home is ridiculous.

Regardless of what we think or are comfortable with, it's embassy policy in a lot of the embassies.

In Jamaica, you give electronics to some really shady characters and hope they aren't gone when you come back out.

You got it! :yes:

I don't think anyone has a problem with the embassy policy, just with the rudeness of the poster who... was rude ;)
Edited by Kazan' Tiger

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.