Gary and Alla

K-1, children question

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Dear All:

I am preparing to file my I-129f and have a question and everyone here is so helpful, please excuse my ignorance. My faince has two children bith under 21 years old. Of course they are listed in the filing. My question...do I need to submit photos of them with the initial filing. The form "clearly" asks only for a photo of the "beneficiary" (I presume my fiance). Any thoughts/ experience are appreciated.

Regarding interview...my fiance has obtained an "absent parent" statement allowing her permission from the father to immigrate with the children to the USA, but of course she will not need this until the interview. Is there a "time limit" on this? Does the statement have to be within 30 days, 90 days? I ask because her former husband can be hard to contact and I do not know if she will have to plan to receive another statement before the interview. Will a statement 6 months old, 9 months old, be accepted?

I wish everyone here much luck and happiness.

Gary

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

my first packet for the petition included the copy of my fiance's daughters birth certificate and 2 passport fotos. im not sure if its required but i know the name has to be on the i129f for sure. i would include the birth certificate and 2 passport fotos as well just in case. cant help you on your 2nd question. good luck

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Dear All:

I am preparing to file my I-129f and have a question and everyone here is so helpful, please excuse my ignorance. My faince has two children bith under 21 years old. Of course they are listed in the filing. My question...do I need to submit photos of them with the initial filing. The form "clearly" asks only for a photo of the "beneficiary" (I presume my fiance). Any thoughts/ experience are appreciated.

Regarding interview...my fiance has obtained an "absent parent" statement allowing her permission from the father to immigrate with the children to the USA, but of course she will not need this until the interview. Is there a "time limit" on this? Does the statement have to be within 30 days, 90 days? I ask because her former husband can be hard to contact and I do not know if she will have to plan to receive another statement before the interview. Will a statement 6 months old, 9 months old, be accepted?

Gary

You're good to go. Listing the names is all you need to do with the petition. If the absent parent statement is one that would be accepted today, it will be ok a few months from now too. I don't think their's a hard limit but since this isn't a court order of full custody, I'd make sure it doesn't get to be more than a year old.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
my first packet for the petition included the copy of my fiance's daughters birth certificate and 2 passport fotos. im not sure if its required but i know the name has to be on the i129f for sure. i would include the birth certificate and 2 passport fotos as well just in case. cant help you on your 2nd question. good luck

Child's passport photos and birth certificate are extra expense and superfulous evidence at the petition stage... I would hold back including this because all it serves is to add "noise" in the petition package.

YMMV

Timeline

Child's passport photos and birth certificate are extra expense and superfulous evidence at the petition stage... I would hold back including this because all it serves is to add "noise" in the petition package.

i dunno fwaguy..well atleast in my case it helped since my petition had a mistake on the last names of my fiance's daughter. i had to call uscis and i told them that the birth certificate was included so they can see the correct name on it and they went ahead and fixed it. it will all be included regardless for the interview anyhow so isnt it better to include more than less. i dont think it would hurt the process but thats just my opinion. if i would file again i would include extra stuff. if anything their just not gonna look at it and just leave it in your file.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
i dunno fwaguy..well atleast in my case it helped since my petition had a mistake on the last names of my fiance's daughter. i had to call uscis and i told them that the birth certificate was included so they can see the correct name on it and they went ahead and fixed it. it will all be included regardless for the interview anyhow so isnt it better to include more than less. i dont think it would hurt the process but thats just my opinion. if i would file again i would include extra stuff. if anything their just not gonna look at it and just leave it in your file.

You do not know if it helped you or not... the only conclusion you can draw is that it did not interfere... No they do not necessarily include it in the file... If I am not mistaken, they may in fact toss non-essential documentation when they re-assemble your petition.... I would have to re-read huskerkiev's post on the innner workings of the USCIS sevice center.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

All you need to do now is list the children on the I-129F petition. Save the other stuff for Packet 3.

That's what we did and we had no problems.

I'd guess the permission issue is probably specific to a given Consulate. We were not asked for it at all, but Nepal is not a party to the Hague Convention, and it appears the Ukraine is as of last September. [My (then) fiance got written permission anyway but was not asked for it.] I would check with the Ukrainian Consulate on that one.

Best wishes,

Maya

Many thanks to the Visajourney community for all the help!

Timeline

Thank you to all:

Great answers and great advice. All the posts here certainly put my mind at ease. I am very glad I found this site. I apologize for the "dumb questions" but I feel everyone is here to help.

A bit about me and my fiance. I live in Vermont. :)))) I was an independent construction consultant for several years and supervised constuction of a factory in Ukraine and was there for nearly 2 years. I loved the country and the people. I made many friends, and in Ukraine a "friend" is very special indeed. But I did not meet anyone "special".

I went back in September, 2007 to visit friends and on my way home had an overnight layover in Prague. I was boarding the bus from the airport to downtown Prague and here was this absolutely stunning woman having great difficulty with her baggage getting on the bus. I offered assistance and found she had just arrived on the same plane as I from Odessa! I didn't see her on the plane. I carried her bags to the hotel (what else did I have to do?) She thanked me for carrying her baggage by offering to buy me a coffee which turned into an all night walking/talking tour of Prague and her going to the subway with me in the morning when I returned to the airport. We promised to exchange emails and when I got home there were 3 emails from her! These turned into phone calls every few days, then calls every day, then calls several times a day and I went back to see Alla in Odessa in November.

In January she was going to Kiev for business and I flew there and met Alla at the train! She said "Yes" to my proposal! I had not investigated this whole K-1 visa thing before about November and really don't know much about it. Neither I nor my fiance were "looking" to meet someone when we met, so it isn't something I had checked into.

In 12 days I will return for a week and meet her children and mother (I have talked to them by phone previously) and I have promised to fix her tub/sink faucet in the bathroom which hasn't worked for a long time. Her mother wants me to stay for a MONTH (she has a long list of things to fix)

Anyway, I am very thrilled to have met this wonderful woman and look forward to being together for life. Thanks for all your help and I plan to stay for a long time. I hope someday we can be of assistance to others.

Gary

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Thank you to all:

Great answers and great advice. All the posts here certainly put my mind at ease. I am very glad I found this site. I apologize for the "dumb questions" but I feel everyone is here to help.

A bit about me and my fiance. I live in Vermont. :)))) I was an independent construction consultant for several years and supervised constuction of a factory in Ukraine and was there for nearly 2 years. I loved the country and the people. I made many friends, and in Ukraine a "friend" is very special indeed. But I did not meet anyone "special".

I went back in September, 2007 to visit friends and on my way home had an overnight layover in Prague. I was boarding the bus from the airport to downtown Prague and here was this absolutely stunning woman having great difficulty with her baggage getting on the bus. I offered assistance and found she had just arrived on the same plane as I from Odessa! I didn't see her on the plane. I carried her bags to the hotel (what else did I have to do?) She thanked me for carrying her baggage by offering to buy me a coffee which turned into an all night walking/talking tour of Prague and her going to the subway with me in the morning when I returned to the airport. We promised to exchange emails and when I got home there were 3 emails from her! These turned into phone calls every few days, then calls every day, then calls several times a day and I went back to see Alla in Odessa in November.

In January she was going to Kiev for business and I flew there and met Alla at the train! She said "Yes" to my proposal! I had not investigated this whole K-1 visa thing before about November and really don't know much about it. Neither I nor my fiance were "looking" to meet someone when we met, so it isn't something I had checked into.

In 12 days I will return for a week and meet her children and mother (I have talked to them by phone previously) and I have promised to fix her tub/sink faucet in the bathroom which hasn't worked for a long time. Her mother wants me to stay for a MONTH (she has a long list of things to fix)

Anyway, I am very thrilled to have met this wonderful woman and look forward to being together for life. Thanks for all your help and I plan to stay for a long time. I hope someday we can be of assistance to others.

Gary

good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi Gary, I see you are starting the process to bring your love one to US. I just went to the whole thing and my Fiancé's visa was approved last Friday!!! :lol:

From the day I sent the paperwork to USCIS until last Friday that my fiancé got his visa, it took just 2 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he is arriving in US in a few days, THANKS GOD!!!!!!

I want to recommend you to contact Immigration Docs. Their website is:

www.k1k3visas.com

This people are GREAT, FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! They just charge you $525.00 and get you the visa approved or the whole fee is returned to you. I did not hesitate on contact them. They prepare everything, you don't have to worry about nothing, the paperwork is IMPECABLE. In my case we got the approval at USCIS in 2 weeks!!!! Once your love one is here in US, they will prepare the paperwork for Adjustment of Status, you don't have to pay anything extra. FOr the same fee you'll get both processes done.

Believe me, I'm so grateful with them that I want to recommend their service to everyone that is just starting. Poor papework can result on denying of the visa. With Immigration Docs, forget about denial, you'll see the way this people prepare your application.

Well, I just want to wish you the best in this journey you are about to start.

Good luck!

Vivian

Sunrise, FL

Dear All:

Gary

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Sweet story! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Best wishes on your visa journey.

Maya

PS my folks live in Woodstock, and I've biked the whole state, north to south, as a kid, and camped and skiied all over... Ilovermont!

Many thanks to the Visajourney community for all the help!

Timeline

Um, with all due respect to Vivian....Cube is not a typical situation...Most people don't even get their NOA2 in 2 months...But congats!!

K-1

6-16-07 Mailed in I-129F

6-26--07 NOA1

7-03-07 touched?

10-29-07 TOUCHED!! And Later in the day-APPROVED!!! (found out on line on the 30th)

11-06-07 received NOA2 in the mail

12-10-07 NVC received

12-12-07 Left NVC

01-14-08 USC received packet 3 in the mail

01-21-08 Fiancee received packet 3 in the mail

02-13-08 VISA ISSUED

02-27-08 Fiancee entered the country

03-20-08 Married! (First Day of Spring)

AOS, AP & EAD

03-29-08 Mailed in AOS, AP & EAD Application

04-04-08 NOAs for AOS, AP & EAD (arrived in mail APR 7)

4-11-08 letter for biometrics arrived in the mail

4-22-08 Biometrics

5-30-08 EAD and AP approved

06-06-2008 AP arrived in the mail

06-07-2008 EAD arrived in the mail

06-12-2008 AOS Approved

06-19-2008 Greencard in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
Um, with all due respect to Vivian....Cube is not a typical situation...Most people don't even get their NOA2 in 2 months...But congats!!

I know Cuba is not a typical situation, but my fiancé is a cuban citizen living in Venezuela for the past 15 years, so our journey was through the US Consulate at Caracas, Venezuela. We did not deal with US Embassy in Cuba (thanks God!) :dance:

Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Dear Maya:

Thanks for your wishes and notes on Vermont. I live in the Champlain Islands. My good friend, Aaron is from Woodstock and his parents still live there. It is all beautiful. Alla, my fiance, has lived all her life in the center of Donets'k and after convincing her that living on an island did NOT mean I lived like Robinson Caruso, she is very excited to enjoy the outdoors, gardening, skiing, hiking the mountains and riding horses. She might also learn to ride a bike! I can't wait to spend a warm day in the mountains with her and go swimming in a secluded mountain stream of cystal clear water!

I attached a photo of the view from my front lawn between the trees! That is Mt. Mansfield in the background. (in the summer, of course) :)

Virginia is very nice also, I have been there many times.

Thanks

Gary

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.