SaadBell

Devasted

114 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

The Middle East is a conundrum in its own right.

Things aren't always what they seem to be. You see the 2 black eyes of the Middle East when you look at it (Palestine/Israel and Iraq) -however- the underlying heart disease is going untreated. If you really read up on *everything* that's going on, has gone on over there - you'll start to see some common threads. All of which lead right to the root of the problem.

[ HINT: It's NOT Israel. They're in the same boat as everyone else. Just keep this in mind: $. You'll find the answer if you follow it. ]

The moral of my story: Stick with someone who matches your own culture.

( This coming from an Arab who married an Arab from overseas... go figure. )

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
America is a great country, the people here are some of the best people around. I served in the Army, cause I do believe in this country. But there are some glaring problems, HEALTH CARE. This should be a given, not a fringe benefit, sure there are a lot worst countries, I have lived in some of them, but, we can do a lot better.

siccoqp4.jpg

why should health care be a given?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Timeline
America is a great country, the people here are some of the best people around. I served in the Army, cause I do believe in this country. But there are some glaring problems, HEALTH CARE. This should be a given, not a fringe benefit, sure there are a lot worst countries, I have lived in some of them, but, we can do a lot better.

siccoqp4.jpg

Someone should not be foreced to go into bankruptcy because of emergency medical situations which are beyond their control. If we do not have a single-payer system, at the very least a revolution in the system needs to occur so health-care costs are more in line with average American incomes, the way it used to be before the malpractice mess and insurance started paying for most costs.

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

siccoqp4.jpg

Someone should not be foreced to go into bankruptcy because of emergency medical situations which are beyond their control. If we do not have a single-payer system, at the very least a revolution in the system needs to occur so health-care costs are more in line with average American incomes, the way it used to be before the malpractice mess and insurance started paying for most costs.

lotsa things beyond our control. dying in a car wreck at an early age for example.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

siccoqp4.jpg

I know someone that at 18 had started a new job. She kept getting sicker and sicker until she ended up fired. Shortly after she was rushed to the hospital and had emergency surgery on her gall bladder. She had no insurance, no job, no way to pay. The hospital was a non profit organization, but stated she did not qualify for anything, so she was responsible for the entire bill. She filed for bankruptcy, but the kind that is suppose to reduce everything. She said she felt like it was her debt and she wanted to be responsible. In the end she paid more than the original bills and they kept adjusting her payments (btw, her car and some credit card bills were included). She finally got fed up, went to a different lawyer that told her that her original lawyer screwed her over, and did the full bankruptcy.

I can't say I know what the answer is, but I find it hard that this young woman found that it is better to totally screw everyone over than to do the right thing.

Sorry....we are WAY off topic here!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
lotsa things beyond our control. dying in a car wreck at an early age for example.

... or having to bear watching America get flushed down Hillary's toilet. Not even a regular toilet, but an EVIL toilet.

*gasp*

Her toilet has horns, and a goatee!

( OBAMA 08! )

The moral of my story: Stick with someone who matches your own culture.

( This coming from an Arab who married an Arab from overseas... go figure. )

Filed: Timeline
Well, what happened????

As for leaving the USA....I've long come to the knowledge the USA isn't all its cracked up to be.

you took the words right out of my mouth!!!!!!!!!

Ahem.

Although I am a Jordanian citizen by birth - I'm more afraid of the Jordanian government than of the US Government.

You don't know what civil rights are until you've experienced the black side of the rest of the world.

The United States may not be perfect, but it's damn close.

If I feel the need to say "Hillary Sucks" - or "GWB sucks" - sure, I can say that here. If I want to start up a website badmouthing & harshly critiquing the powers that be:

www.wonkette.com

www.anncoulter.com

www.dailykos.com

www.moveon.org

www.foxnews.com

I can. You can. We all can.

Even if you're a lunatic: www.rense.com - you're free to be one too.

Try doing that in the Middle East - and see how far you get.

Try doing that in Kenya, Chad, Sudan, Iran - see *if you even get buried* when the other side is done with you.

People take freedom & rights for granted. The United States, in my opinion, is generally apathetic & closed minded. People need to wake up - take a good, hard look at the rest of the world - then come back and *try* to say it's really that bad here.

Things may not be so great here - but - you can do things about it, whereas other places - you're stuck with what you're given (and that's it.)

Really - this is a great country. People who say otherwise don't know how bad it can get elsewhere.

Thank you so much for this post.

The rest of you...if you don't like it, CHANGE IT! Get involved and try to bring about change where you think we need it. That's one of the great things about America....instead you just bash it that it sucks...ironically enough, on a visa website whilst trying to petition your foreign fiances for American Visas.

Makes no sense, really.

Maybe you won't change anything...maybe you will. But kvetching about it certainly won't change a thing. Look back in history where one person made all the difference. If the internet was around then, nothing woulda changed :lol:

Edited by LisaD

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Well, what happened????

As for leaving the USA....I've long come to the knowledge the USA isn't all its cracked up to be.

you took the words right out of my mouth!!!!!!!!!

Ahem.

Although I am a Jordanian citizen by birth - I'm more afraid of the Jordanian government than of the US Government.

You don't know what civil rights are until you've experienced the black side of the rest of the world.

The United States may not be perfect, but it's damn close.

If I feel the need to say "Hillary Sucks" - or "GWB sucks" - sure, I can say that here. If I want to start up a website badmouthing & harshly critiquing the powers that be:

www.wonkette.com

www.anncoulter.com

www.dailykos.com

www.moveon.org

www.foxnews.com

I can. You can. We all can.

Even if you're a lunatic: www.rense.com - you're free to be one too.

Try doing that in the Middle East - and see how far you get.

Try doing that in Kenya, Chad, Sudan, Iran - see *if you even get buried* when the other side is done with you.

People take freedom & rights for granted. The United States, in my opinion, is generally apathetic & closed minded. People need to wake up - take a good, hard look at the rest of the world - then come back and *try* to say it's really that bad here.

Things may not be so great here - but - you can do things about it, whereas other places - you're stuck with what you're given (and that's it.)

Really - this is a great country. People who say otherwise don't know how bad it can get elsewhere.

Thank you so much for this post.

The rest of you...if you don't like it, CHANGE IT! Get involved and try to bring about change where you think we need it. That's one of the great things about America....instead you just bash it that it sucks...ironically enough, on a visa website whilst trying to petition your foreign fiances for American Visas.

Makes no sense, really.

Maybe you won't change anything...maybe you will. But kvetching about it certainly won't change a thing. Look back in history where one person made all the difference. If the internet was around then, nothing woulda changed :lol:

Because you petition for your foreign fiance or SO means that you have to love America :whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.