SaadBell

Devasted

114 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

YES, there are tons of these out there, people seeing how the government is taking control. Did you know you can be charged with a felony on "here say" no solid evidence, informants, which the government cuts them a deal if you give names. People are doing life in prision on "here say" evidence. I didn't believe things like this could happen here, but they do and it happens everyday. Be careful out there, cause big brother is WATCHING YOU :devil:

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Ganja Girl I am sorry you are going through this trying time and I pray you get a sense of peace and hope back. (L)

wahrania sometimes we can only be concerned with the issues into our own little bubble and if ganja has experienced a trauma and is causing her some disstress she has that right and you cant except her to address issues some place else.Her pain is not like your pain or my pain.Please instead of critizing her and judging her sitation give her a little support.Why are you starting drama?

Love.Live.Learn

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

DRAMA.jpg

Everyone has their own problems they face. Ganja shared something here that is heavy on her right now. If people don't know the situation then there's no reason for speculation. She just needs support right now.

I think you made a lot of good points in your long post, GG. As long as most Americans are reasonably comfortable and are isolated from each other in their suburban bunkers and SUVs, there is not going to be any massive public outcry no matter what felonies the government gets away with. Like many other people I was amazed what happened in Nepal in April '06 - the King had seized absolute control and basically dismissed Parliament in '02, gradually imposing more and more control over the population, like GWB & Co. using the excuse of 'national security', in this case against the Maoist rebels. In April '06 the Nepali people decided they had had enough and went from the villages into the streets of KTM, up to the Royal Palace itself. They defied shoot-on-sight curfews and 22 people died at the hands of the police and the Nepal Army. The demonstrations went on for 3 weeks. In response the King gave up most of his power, reinstating Parliament and freedom of speech(In May '06 I bought a book in KTM which criticized the monarchy, the bookseller said that it had been banned until that past month). The process towards true democracy is still ongoing but it was inspiring to see the people actually GIVING A DAMN. Despite their caste, language and class differences(everyone from farmers to lawyers and doctors demonstrated and were beaten by the police) people came together against a corrupt government and succeeded. Until people are really hurting financially and aren't afraid to lose their jobs if they speak out, nothing is going to happen in America I am afraid.

Edited by Pattu Rani

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Back when Hicham was still in the States, we had a horrible incident with CIS that left me feeling like "this can't be happening in America".

Keep in mind that we had already submitted and been approved on our I-130. At the time, we were waiting for the dismissal on Hicham's asylum case to be resolved. I don't know if many of you remember or had SOs here at the time, I want to say it was in early 2003 when it was determined that all immigrants were to come into CIS to be given a registration number. This was entirely different than an Alien Number. CIS had posted on their website on which days, people from specific countries were to show up at CIS.

I went with Hicham because he was really nervous about it and didn't know what to expect. When we arrived, they requested that we hand them our driver's license and told us to sit down in this big waiting room. We were told we could have our license back when they were finished with us. We sat in the waiting room for over 5 hours!!! We couldn't even leave for lunch. They finally called Hicham's name and they took us back into some offices and sat us both down and asked us all this info (that they already had). We had to give them our birthdates, relatives name and info, and all of our vital info. Then they started questioning us about our marriage and why Hicham had come to the States. It wasn't an interview...it was an interrogation. I'm normally pretty cool in most situations and I was starting to get frightened. THEN they separated us! They took me to a separate part of the building and starting asking me specific questions about Hicham and his beliefs. They were in my face about it....almost like they were trying to scare me into saying something. Hicham said they were much more rude to him and yelled at him. He said he felt for sure they were about to arrest him or deport him. AND WE HAD NOTHING TO HIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember leaving that CIS center asking myself if what happened...really just happened.

When Hicham and I were flying to Morocco to see his mother when she was so ill, we were stopped in Philadelphia at the boarding gate by an immigration officer. Keep in mind we were LEAVING the country, he pulled us aside and started questioning us very rudely about where we were going in Morocco, what we were going to be doing and how much money we had with us. We only had a couple hundred dollars with us because we were staying with his parents and weren't going to need alot of money. This officer accused us of lying and kept threatening to "officially" detain us if we didn't tell the truth. He was yelling at us and talking to us like this in front of all the other passengers boarding the plane. Finally, on the last boarding call, he just let us go....just like that. Again, I felt like...did that really just happen...in this country...did that just happen?????

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Back when Hicham was still in the States, we had a horrible incident with CIS that left me feeling like "this can't be happening in America".

Keep in mind that we had already submitted and been approved on our I-130. At the time, we were waiting for the dismissal on Hicham's asylum case to be resolved. I don't know if many of you remember or had SOs here at the time, I want to say it was in early 2003 when it was determined that all immigrants were to come into CIS to be given a registration number. This was entirely different than an Alien Number. CIS had posted on their website on which days, people from specific countries were to show up at CIS.

I went with Hicham because he was really nervous about it and didn't know what to expect. When we arrived, they requested that we hand them our driver's license and told us to sit down in this big waiting room. We were told we could have our license back when they were finished with us. We sat in the waiting room for over 5 hours!!! We couldn't even leave for lunch. They finally called Hicham's name and they took us back into some offices and sat us both down and asked us all this info (that they already had). We had to give them our birthdates, relatives name and info, and all of our vital info. Then they started questioning us about our marriage and why Hicham had come to the States. It wasn't an interview...it was an interrogation. I'm normally pretty cool in most situations and I was starting to get frightened. THEN they separated us! They took me to a separate part of the building and starting asking me specific questions about Hicham and his beliefs. They were in my face about it....almost like they were trying to scare me into saying something. Hicham said they were much more rude to him and yelled at him. He said he felt for sure they were about to arrest him or deport him. AND WE HAD NOTHING TO HIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember leaving that CIS center asking myself if what happened...really just happened.

When Hicham and I were flying to Morocco to see his mother when she was so ill, we were stopped in Philadelphia at the boarding gate by an immigration officer. Keep in mind we were LEAVING the country, he pulled us aside and started questioning us very rudely about where we were going in Morocco, what we were going to be doing and how much money we had with us. We only had a couple hundred dollars with us because we were staying with his parents and weren't going to need alot of money. This officer accused us of lying and kept threatening to "officially" detain us if we didn't tell the truth. He was yelling at us and talking to us like this in front of all the other passengers boarding the plane. Finally, on the last boarding call, he just let us go....just like that. Again, I felt like...did that really just happen...in this country...did that just happen?????

WOW... :o

I was stopped once at the gate on my last trip out to KTM - an immigration officer approached me and asked how much money I had with me and told me the maximum amount of cash I could carry - like you I didn't bring much money, generally use my ATM card. It wasn't the horrible experience like you had, she was polite but since I have never before been questioned like this(and have traveled overseas a lot) it got me a little scared. I didn't see her approaching any other passengers and I wonder if she singled me out because I was wearing a salwar kameez and look 'different'(i.e. 'Muslim', i.e. 'terrorist' :angry: )- my luggage was shabby and I certainly don't look like someone with money.

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Back when Hicham was still in the States, we had a horrible Again, I felt like...did that really just happen...in this country...did that just happen?????

We all felt like that on 9/11.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Back when Hicham was still in the States, we had a horrible Again, I felt like...did that really just happen...in this country...did that just happen?????

Like EVERYONE else we were devasted over what happened on 9/11. For two days, all that either of us could do was cry and watch the TV. But for weeks after that we were frightened to go out in public. The day 9/11 happened, a girl at Hicham's school SPIT IN HIS FACE!!!!! Simply because he was an Arab.

If you are suggesting this behavior is acceptable to a group of people of the same race as the 9/11 terrorist, then should it not be acceptable for say...Iraqi's to hold all American's that look like soldiers responsible for what's happened to their family. At some point the perpuating violence and anger has GOT TO STOP!

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Like EVERYONE else we were devasted over what happened on 9/11. For two days, all that either of us could do was cry and watch the TV. But for weeks after that we were frightened to go out in public. The day 9/11 happened, a girl at Hicham's school SPIT IN HIS FACE!!!!! Simply because he was an Arab.

If you are suggesting this behavior is acceptable to a group of people of the same race as the 9/11 terrorist, then should it not be acceptable for say...Iraqi's to hold all American's that look like soldiers responsible for what's happened to their family. At some point the perpuating violence and anger has GOT TO STOP!

I think compared to how Europe would have dealt with 911, we did pretty well as a nation. I think there HAS been a backlash against arabs and muslims but no where near what muslims face in France and the UK. People have more rights here than anywhere else in the world

I was witness in 2002 to a group of Islamic extremists trying to overthrow a moderate imam. They issued a fatwa, distributed it at various mosques, incited hate against this imam and published inflamatory articles about him in arabic "street "newspapers.

The FBI ended up arresting after a sting operation, the imam of a popular mosque 20 minutes south of me. This was in conjunction with raids for drug trafficking and some of these arrested had ties to HAMAS.

Now, in light of the fact that on American soil, people are blowing up buildings, plotting the destruction of power plants ( 2003) fundraising for Hamas ( 2004 to present Sami Al Arian) its no wonder our government spies, stalks and looks. They have to.

The problem comes when you are the one they are spying on and intercepting. When your door is knocked on at 6 am with men with jackets and white suburbans because someone you live with is doing something very very very scary , then you realise just how deep you are in for it. Airport harrassment is the LEAST OF IT.

Its when american security is at risk, that things get scary.. Often the government has a much bigger feel for what is going on.. They know things we do not know sometimes...voice mails, cell phone taps, phone taps and informants... all part of muslim life since 2001. You want to get mad? Thank the hijackers... as sad and as unfair as that sounds

Filed: Timeline

You lived through being with someone in the years after 9 11. The usa was much different for muslims in the years before, wasnt it? People got visas... there were a whole lot more illegals back then as well...... Things changed. Life changed.. Americans realised they could be hit on their own soil for the first time

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

You lived through being with someone in the years after 9 11. The usa was much different for muslims in the years before, wasnt it? People got visas... there were a whole lot more illegals back then as well...... Things changed. Life changed.. Americans realised they could be hit on their own soil for the first time

I believe that revelation came with Pearl Harbor.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.