clairern

DS-230

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello guys/gals;

When a RFE is sent for missing info on the DS-230, is the DS-230 form that was originally submitted returned to you to be corrected, or do they require you to send in a completely new form?

I got what sounded like a RFE message from the automated line and when I called NVC I was told that Questoin #20 is missing info. I looked at my copy and found the error. I neglected to write in the to info on the address line. I should have written in "present" because that could not be entered on the computer being that section only accepts numbers.

I am asking because I would go ahead and mail it to my SO before I get the actual letter from the NVC. Now I'm hearing about needing to submit pictures. HUH??? :unsure::unsure: I am trying to do this ASAP considering the mail turnaround time to and from Ja. Although they stated they mailed the RFE on 1/25, I highly doubt it. Even though it was generated that day it doesn't necessarily mean it was mailed. We all know they wait for a crate to become full before they mail anything out.

Any info that you all can provide would be greatly appreciated. :thumbs::thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i had rfe on I-864 and had to send in whole new form also the cover sheet is different i just sent in main cover sheet didnt know till i got the other in the mail the address is different it is sent to same address but it is attn.DR instead of cmr

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

yes, you have to send the new one

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Ukraine

Marriage : 2006-11-02

I-130 Sent : 2006-12-11

2008-05-16 CR-1 visa issued

2008-05-20 recieved visa

2008-05-31 I arrived at JFK (took me 1hour and a half to be out of the airport with a stamp in my passport)

10 year GC

2010-03-06 I-751 sent

2010-03-09 NOA-1

2010-03-10 check cashed

2010-4-12 Bio (done early 3-29)

2010-6-3 card production ordered

2010-6-19 10 year GC recieved

N-400

2011-3-28 application sent via express mail to LEWISVILLE TX SC

2011-3-29 application recieved

2011-4-20 early BIO

2011-6-16 interview

2011-7-29 Oath

Timeline

Well guys and gals I got the letter in the mail today. I don't have a scanner but will type as much as I can, here goes;

MISSIING DOCUMENT LIS FOR ..........(beneficiary's name)

_________________OF 230-I:____________________________________________

Please submit a completed copy of form DS230 Part 1, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration - Biographic Data, for this applicant. In reviewing the form DS-230 Part 1 that you submitted, we note that you have either skipped Item 20 entirely or provided imcomplete information. You will need to complete and submit a new form with the changes. Your visa application cannot be processed until this form is complete.

A gap exists in your residency history of more than six months. When completing the information in Item #20, please refer to the following instructions below on how to obtain Police Certificates from these countries:

It goes on to give info about obtaining a police certificate although we have already submitted one. I plan on calling them this week to verify that they have the police cert.

Can anyone interpret this for me? I will update this thread when I am able to get through to the NVC while I wait for Mike to send a new DS-230 to me.

Edited by clairern

Timeline
Well guys and gals I got the letter in the mail today. I don't have a scanner but will type as much as I can, here goes;

Please submit a completed copy of form DS230 Part 1, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration - Biographic Data, for this applicant. In reviewing the form DS-230 Part 1 that you submitted, we note that you have either skipped Item 20 entirely or provided imcomplete information. You will need to complete and submit a new form with the changes. Your visa application cannot be processed until this form is complete.

A gap exists in your residency history of more than six months. When completing the information in Item #20, please refer to the following instructions below on how to obtain Police Certificates from these countries:

It goes on to give info about obtaining a police certificate although we have already submitted one. I plan on calling them this week to verify that they have the police cert.

Can anyone interpret this for me? I will update this thread when I am able to get through to the NVC while I wait for Mike to send a new DS-230 to me.

Just got of the phone with the NVC operator and she verified that the police cert is on file and is alright. Just need to correct question #20. and she mentioned a new procedure that we now have is requiring 2 passport sized pictures to be submitted with the DS-230.

They slay me with these new requirements, they never stop trying to trip you up.

Just got of the phone with the NVC operator and she verified that the police cert is on file and is alright. Just need to correct question #20. and she mentioned a new procedure that we now have is requiring 2 passport sized pictures to be submitted with the DS-230.

They slay me with these new requirements, they never stop trying to trip you up.

I'm glad that you spoke with NVC operatot. Just provide information for question # 20. I think, mentioning about police certificate is just general information. They did not ask to send police certificate. Good luck.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Timeline

I'm glad that you spoke with NVC operatot. Just provide information for question # 20. I think, mentioning about police certificate is just general information. They did not ask to send police certificate. Good luck.

Thanks Simple Male. That is what I intend to do along with the photos he is sending me today :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

i had rfe on I-864 and had to send in whole new form also the cover sheet is different i just sent in main cover sheet didnt know till i got the other in the mail the address is different it is sent to same address but it is attn.DR instead of cmr

I send I-864EZ form on the " ATTN:CMR" does that mean it will be not delivered on correct place?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.