HLM

Any pharmacists in here??

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I just graduated from pharmacy school here in Cairo, Egypt and im planning on taking the tests in America for my liscence there....

anyone been thru that?? whats it like?? and what advice would u give me??

thnx

lyrics.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I just graduated from pharmacy school here in Cairo, Egypt and im planning on taking the tests in America for my liscence there....

thnx

Hi, I am a ph armacist and may be able to help you. What would you like to know?

Harry

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

thnx

Hi, I am a ph armacist and may be able to help you. What would you like to know?

Harry

I think that one of the mena girls husband's came from Egypt and he was a pharmacist but I am not 100% certain....i believe her id was sparrow. You may want to check with her. I apologize if this is the wrong id name though....you can always try.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sparrow's husband is a Pharmacist but he is not working as one in USA right now. Also, the have not been around on VJ much lately. Think they are enjoying being together. Anyway, you can email her and ask.

Cheryl

Timeline

i wish i could help.. :unsure: but i don't have any experience with that...i'll try to ask around for you insha allah...

but, i think the first step would be evaluating your degree....that's what i did for my husband, i'll get you the name of the organization if you want.....it cost around $200 and you'll need your college transcript, the names of all the schools you've attended in your lifetime...and a few more things....if you're interested, i'll get you all the info asap...

...its funny, i was thinking of posting a very similar thread about engineers for my husband...lol...i'll go do that now.. :thumbs:

wish you the best darling...take care ;)

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Timeline

well yes harry i wd love to know more plz!! just give as much as info as u think wd help me!

the problem with sparrow that her husband isnt working there as a pharmacist!!

sora thank u so much .. i know the steps of how to do it ... but i wanted to hear from ppl who went thru it .. or at least know about working as a pharmacist in the states... whats it like? and what are my options? anything concerning pharmacy actually wd be good!!!

thnk u guys for replying:D

lyrics.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm a pharmacist in Mexico and I want to work here too. I don't know which will be the first step. I already have all my school's documents here. Can I traslate them and send them to evaluation company like WES? or Where?

How easy can be find a work in US for someone who has not any experience here??

I'm a pharmacist in Mexico and I want to work here too. I don't know which will be the first step. I already have all my school's documents here. Can I traslate them and send them to evaluation company like WES? or Where?

How easy can be find a work in US for someone who has not any experience here??

Getting your education credits/degrees translated would be the first step. Then I would suggest talking to a local university to see if there is any further education or certification you might need to be a pharmacist in the US.

keTiiDCjGVo

Timeline

i found this website it is sooooo good it tells u everything u need to do.....

http://www.y-axis.com/pharmacists/reg_processus.shtml

i think i will buy the books online from e bay or amazon and start studying from now for the frst one so by the time i get to the states i wd be almost done... becoz i think each exam wd take a few months to study for!!

also i know that if u start in a certain state u cant continue in another. the whole process has to be completed in the same state including residency.

lyrics.jpg

i wish i could help.. :unsure: but i don't have any experience with that...i'll try to ask around for you insha allah...

but, i think the first step would be evaluating your degree....that's what i did for my husband, i'll get you the name of the organization if you want.....it cost around $200 and you'll need your college transcript, the names of all the schools you've attended in your lifetime...and a few more things....if you're interested, i'll get you all the info asap...

...its funny, i was thinking of posting a very similar thread about engineers for my husband...lol...i'll go do that now.. :thumbs:

Hello Sora_9_Dam3a,

I'm a mechanical engineer who is just moved to the US, I would like to know more on how to job-hunt for a mechanical engineer job and how to get licence

thank you

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

thnx

I have been a hospital pharmacist for 20 years.

I think that you need to bring your transcripts from where you went to school in Egypt first.

I am really not sure if your courses will count here. Maybe you just have to get your license here only and not go back to school.

There is retail pharmacy, hospital pharmacy, being a drug sales rep, teaching.....

Most everyone now goes to school for a PharmD degree, which is a 4 year program after doing 2 years of undergrad.

I went to school in NOrth Carolina and back then you went 2 years undergrad and then 3 years pharmacy.

Now it is 2 years undergrad and 4 years pharmacy school.

I will see if I can find something out for you.

If you love me, then I have everything I need

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am a pharmacist too. From Brazil. Thanks for all info, guys!

IT WILL BE A LONG WAY UNTIL I CAN WORK AS A PHARMACIST HERE.

I am thinking start as a technician. ANY one knows if is possible or I need to make tests too?

031028_alca_pq.gif

I-130

06/27/2007--Sent I-130 to texas service center.

07/13/2007--Check cashed.

07/14/2007--Noa-1 arrived in Clint´s house ( Miami ).

11/29/2007--Noa-2 ( by e-mail ) -- After 154 days

I-129F

07/17/2007--Sent I-129F to chicago.

07/23/2007--Noa-1 arrived in Clint´s house ( Miami ).

08/13/2007--Just a mail arrived in Clint´s house tell they transfered our case to CSC.

11/29/2007--Noa-2 ( by e-mail )-- After 135 days

12/21/2007--nvc received!

01/07/2008--embassy received

02/19/2008--interview date!! APPROVED!

02/22/2008--Visa in hands!

02/26/2008--arrived in USA.

03/06/2008--Sent I-765

03/10/2008--Noa-1 arrived in our house.

04/02/2008--I-765 approved

04/09/2008--EAD in hands!

04/10/2008--My husband and I decided take a year vacation of forms, fee, etc...and have a real marriage!

AOS (Finally!)

04-24-2009 - Mailed AOS package

04-29-2009 - AOS package arrived, signed for by N. Brownn

05-04-2009 - Check Cashed

05-07-2009 - NOA'S arrived in the mail.

05-14-2009 - Biometrics letter received

06-02-2009 - Biometrics Appointment

05-27-2009 - Biometrics Done ( Walk-in )

08-20-2009 - Interview - approval after one question!

09-29-2009 - GC delivered!

Timeline

lynn and ahmed- thank you so much for your reply. u re right i dont have to go to school again but i will have to go thru 3 exams and then residency for a yr or so depending on the state and then i wd get my liscence.... so yes it is a long way!!!:( and after that im not sure yet where or what i want to work... i willl have enuff time to figure that out.

nanda- if its true that u can start as a techinician i dont mind doing that at all while i study for the liscence..... i wish someone can really get back to us on that....may be lynn can :D

lyrics.jpg

Timeline

Hello Sora_9_Dam3a,

I'm a mechanical engineer who is just moved to the US, I would like to know more on how to job-hunt for a mechanical engineer job and how to get licence

thank you

Hey moeenzo--sorry i never replied! i haven't been on here much in the past few weeks...

well, i am learning more and more--day by day and most recently, i have learned that, you will need to take an exam. It is the FE/EIT exam--that stands for Fundamentals of Engineering/ Engineer in Training exam. The exam is about 8 hours long--the first four hours are general engineering, stuff you learn in the first couple of years of college and the second part is your choice--so you would choose the mechanical engineering...also, you will need to evaluate your degree--we used ECE [Education Credential Evaluators]--but there is a different company that is preferred for your license--this is a lot of information....i guess you can private message me with more questions...there are a lot of websites that i have at home--but i'm at school right now...so let me know what questions you have...take care. salam..

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
I am a pharmacist too. From Brazil. Thanks for all info, guys!

IT WILL BE A LONG WAY UNTIL I CAN WORK AS A PHARMACIST HERE.

I am thinking start as a technician. ANY one knows if is possible or I need to make tests too?

Hi nanda

Im a pharmacy tech in US but im a pharmacist in my contry Peru

I have been working as a tech almost a year and I learned a lot.

If u wanna know more about The certification that is a long process

u can go to

http://www.nabp.net/

and click on Examination programs

well could be some courses u may not take at school

u can study over here

if u have studied 5 years in ur country u a good

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.