no name

Another illegal immigrant takes sanctuary at Chicago church

216 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
i bet the oklahoma & arizona anti illegal immigration laws really piss you off don't they?

then think about the 12 other states that are modeling laws after them right now.

guess what that means. go ahead guess

soon the states that are being flooded by the former oklahoma & arizona (and soon 12 more states)illegals will have no choice. adopt the similar laws or go bancrupt or seriously raise taxes.

your "compassion & humanity" cost money.(tax money) money you may be willing to pay. i many others don't want to pay it. nor do i think we will have to. the pity party for illegals is coming to an end.

Not really. They are laws and can be changed. We have the right to do with our laws as we please, just like we've done with other silly laws in the past. And changed them when we realized (or when others remind us on our behalf for our better judgement) they were flawed or unfair.

Of course, people don't want to pay to fix the mess they indirectly benefit from in other places. That is natural human instinct, apparently, in our nation. Yet, maybe one day people will realize that one way to not NEED those laws (or HAVE them without the NEED to enforce them), is by investing a little bit in helping others in a very American way in attaining a fair existence.

Sorry it doesn't appease an uneven, one-sided notion of the world. Humanity has a right to live and we could practice what we preach when we mention justice and democracy around the world. Even when the consequences of our hypocrisy lead more illegals to our borders year after year.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline
Revolutions cost lives - most people choose to flee

Just where they can have a better life. Seems to be forgotten that people here will support wars that provide them with better driveability but not support wars against poverty to provide others with better lives. Maybe its too boring for them.

I think its a little more complicated than that - there are people who genuinely believe that the Iraq war was driven with the welfare and interest of the Iraqi people foremost in mind; hence all the chest beating about how the war's detractors must somehow not care about the civilian population or somehow sympathise with Saddam.

True... ignorance is bliss sometimes. In other cases, personal experience in the immigration process is reason enough to hate those that piggy back on the process. Then again, the truth is sometimes not that subjective and it really does set one free.

Speaking of which... time is up. Jet time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
i bet the oklahoma & arizona anti illegal immigration laws really piss you off don't they?

then think about the 12 other states that are modeling laws after them right now.

soon the states that are being flooded by the former oklahoma & arizona (and soon 12 more states)illegals will have no choice. adopt the similar laws or go bancrupt or seriously raise taxes.

your "compassion & humanity" cost money.(tax money) money you may be willing to pay. i many others don't want to pay it. nor do i think we will have to. the pity party for illegals is coming to an end.

Not really. They are laws and can be changed. We have the right to do with our laws as we please, just like we've done with other silly laws in the past. And changed them when we realized (or when others remind us on our behalf for our better judgement) they were flawed or unfair.

Of course, people don't want to pay to fix the mess they indirectly benefit from in other places. That is natural human instinct, apparently, in our nation. Yet, maybe one day people will realize that one way to not NEED those laws (or HAVE them without the NEED to enforce them), is by investing a little bit in helping others in a very American way in attaining a fair existence.

Sorry it doesn't appease an uneven, one-sided notion of the world. Humanity has a right to live and we could practice what we preach when we mention justice and democracy around the world. Even when the consequences of our hypocrisy lead more illegals to our borders year after year.

but what makes you think the laws will change in the direction you want versus in the direction they are going now? did it ever dawn on you that these laws are just a harbinger of things to come from a pissed off population?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

it's called revolutions, in their own countries. Change starts at home. :thumbs:

'Revolutions' that seem to be thwarted by our interests whenever they mean an improvement in their lives. Then again, that was all in the past, right? OK. Lets flash forward to 2008. Help by improving democracy, not thwarting it. Reduce illegal immigration to our country in the process.

Say it with me....by securing our borders! :lol:

I also agree, deportation will happen. Read back and you'll see my opinion on that issue.

Fighting a humanitarian issue, on the other hand, is well... plain old insensitive and very, very, unhumanitarian. Go figure. Screw her for breaking a law, right? Even if it means abject poverty back home in a country where we do very well business wise while those that work for us get screwed.

You may see no relationship. I see a golden opportunity to 1) improve the world and 2) reduce law breaking in this country.

Heck, if we don't want to change the law we should at least change the way we suck cash out of other nations. Banana Republic style.

So if we let one stay, what about the other 11,999,999?

it's called revolutions, in their own countries. Change starts at home. :thumbs:

'Revolutions' that seem to be thwarted by our interests whenever they mean an improvement in their lives. Then again, that was all in the past, right? OK. Lets flash forward to 2008. Help by improving democracy, not thwarting it. Reduce illegal immigration to our country in the process.

I also agree, deportation will happen. Read back and you'll see my opinion on that issue.

Fighting a humanitarian issue, on the other hand, is well... plain old insensitive and very, very, unhumanitarian. Go figure. Screw her for breaking a law, right? Even if it means abject poverty back home in a country where we do very well business wise while those that work for us get screwed.

You may see no relationship. I see a golden opportunity to 1) improve the world and 2) reduce law breaking in this country.

Heck, if we don't want to change the law we should at least change the way we suck cash out of other nations. Banana Republic style.

Give me your address, I'll send them to your house. I'm sure that won't be a problem will it!

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Give me your address, I'll send them to your house. I'm sure that won't be a problem will it!

Marc :secret: devilette isn't part of the "illegal alien cheerleading squad" ;)

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
Marc :secret: devilette isn't part of the "illegal alien cheerleading squad" ;)

:jest: best.post.on.this.thread

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
No idea what the original debate is all about-but-ashamed for the use of the letter u? :blink:

a bit of levity and sarcasm from Steven...hehehe

It's all good...

....... I resemble that remark.

Don't tell Jenn you used that phrase.

She don't scare me none. I went to a school in Staines.

And I thought you were one of the cool ones. :cry:

:blush:Staines didn't toughen me at all; I'm still a softie.

:ot2: Illegals, blah, send 'em home, blah-blah, potential terrorists with tostadas, blah-blah-blah...

"It's not the years; it's the mileage." Indiana Jones

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
:ot2: Illegals, blah, send 'em home, blah-blah, potential terrorists with tostadas, blah-blah-blah...

LOL here also....

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline
Honestly, I'm tired of our country allowing churches.

Fixxored

Edited by PlatyPius
Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Timeline

but what makes you think the laws will change in the direction you want versus in the direction they are going now? did it ever dawn on you that these laws are just a harbinger of things to come from a pissed off population?

Given by the probable change in government come next January 2009, I can only hope humanity will again become a primary objective in Washington. Because you are absolutely right, the population has every right to be pissed off at the current state of things brought about by ourselves and our elected officials. The illegal debate in my honest opinion has nothing to do with borders and economic security but rather a concerted effort to sugarcoat many an underlying attitude against immigration in general and immigrants in specific. I find it unfortunate that many folks that sponsor legal immigrants take sides out of spite rather than confronting the root causes. Then again, its just one humanist versus what?

And come on... read with me back in the thread. She must go and respect our laws even though they suck. All the while some people sit on their hands and do nothing to fix the problems that bring her and 12M others here.

Timeline
"I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Attack the messenger AND the message, apparently. Enough for the next 12 hours... science awaits all day.

Attack the messenger AND the message, apparently. Enough for the next 12 hours... science awaits all day.

I like how you talk about poverty yet fail to address that the USA has its own poor to worry about. The fact is that every job an illegal immigrant has is a loss of a job for one of the 50,000,000+ Americans living in poverty. Every low skilled job a illegal immigrant takes up consequently suppresses wages for Americans working in low paying jobs. Supply and demand 101.

Do you see a link between the countries with the highest living standards, in the world, to their strict and strongly enforced immigration policy. Whereas America has a lax policy on illegal immigration and is paying for it through a yearly drop in living standards. Having a few very rich people in a country does not mean a country is rich. Ironically Mexico is a great example of this having the richest person in the entire "W O R L D" living there.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.