Hope everything went well. :thumbs:

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sorry for the delay in posting-- After about an hour of sleep all night I managed to oversleep for my son's hockey game and just got home now!! LOL

Ashraf finally called me with the GREAT news at 5 am!! (thank god some of you had filled me in on the long wait time or i would have gone crazy-- thanks again for that!) We are approved for our visa!!! Thank God!! They of course gave the standard 2 weeks until you get your visa answer-- so time will tell if that is the truth! (inshallah it will be) Ashraf said the CO was very nice and and smiled a lot. (he was so relieved, cuz he saw some crabby looking ones LOL) He said after all that wait the interview itself took about 5 minutes. The CO asked him:

1) How long have you known your fiance?

2) When and how many times did she come here to Egypt?

3) Did you fill out these forms yourself or did someone help you?

4) When did we decide to be married?

He then had to write his name in English or Arabic (CO said it didnt matter) and my name in English on one of the areas on the forms for consulate use only, had to swear that we were engaged and then the CO took his finger prints. The CO then told Ashraf that our papers were complete and he had no problems with issuing a visa for him and that he should receive the Visa in 2 weeks by DHL. Ashraf told him thank you so much, it was so nice to meet you and the CO then said "Mr Ashraf you are welcome in the USA" :yes:

Really I feel like I am dreaming and am afraid to even get my hopes up that he could actually have his visa in 2 weeks...... but any way you look at it it is another step in process and I for one am glad to have it over!! (Ashraf too-- he says he feels like he passed a huge final exam! LOL)

I cannot thank everyone here enough for all of their kind words and encouragement it made last night so much easier to live through! I wish all of you no matter where you are in this process much happiness and many blessings and for those of us still waiting for our habibis to be here with us, may we all be together soon!

Big hugs to all of you!

Laura (L)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

MABRUK!! AWESOME NEWS... I hope your AP is quick and he's here w/ you soon. Again, MABRUK!

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

:dancing::dance::dancing::dance::dancing::dance::dancing::dance::dancing::dance::dancing::dance:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!! yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! mabrouk mabrouk mabrouk!!!!!!!!! sooooooooooooo exciting!!!!! lol, yeah seriously, it does feel like an exam..haha...but it's over now!! thank God!!!!

Go Cairo!!!! Woo Hoooooo!!! :dance: :dance:

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Great news, I'm very happy for you! Congratulations! :)

07-25-07 petition sent

08-07-07 NOA1

01-23-08 NOA2, 182 days after filing

02-11-08 medical

03-04-08 interview in Frankfurt---approved!

03-11-8 Visa in hand --- what a heck of a procedure for this little sticker ;-)

06-16-08 flight to IAD

07-11-08 Wedding in Santa Barbara, CA

08-07-8 AOS package sent

08-10-08 AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox

08-14-08 check cashed

08-13-08 NOA1 for EAD,AP,AOS

09-03-08 Biometrics appointment

10-02-08 Case transferred to CSC

10-16-08 EAD and AP approved

01-26-09 AOS approved w/o interview

01-31-09 PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED

02-11-11 Biometric Appointment for Removing of Conditions

Our Wedding Pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rahela07/OurWedding07112008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

That's pretty much how me and my SO felt. I am so happy it went well and inshalla your SO will have some news in a few weeks :thumbs:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hi all!

Ashraf's interview is in an hour and 45 minutes and I am feeling a little sick to my stomach! I just got off the phone with him to wish him luck and try to send a big hug and kiss through the phone. Insha allah it will be fine and I will post a list of questions he was asked at the Cairo Embassy as soon as I hear from him--- God help us all to get through this process with our sanity and to be with our loved onces soon!!

Take care everyone!

Laura (L)

i cant forget that feeling even though i had my interview last week lol ....i'm sure he will do just fine inshallah :) . pray for him and keep us posted with the result .

good luck. (F)

I dont imagine that this is a feeling that any of us will soon forget! I just read your interview review-- you waited 5 hours?!?!? What time was your interview scheduled for? It sounds like it went well though-- Congratulations!! Insha Allah we will all be with our loved ones soon!!

whoops just read this. yeah well i'm sure the 5 hours is due to his not showing up. We were the only immigrant visa interview scheduled for that day. When he went back the next week I think he was the first one called.

The interview went pretty badly actually. The guy was in a hugely bad mood and talked down to my husband like he was a fly on dog #######. He asked him when we had sex! I had prepped my husband and told him not to get angry since they could test him and see if he flies off the handle so he handled it pretty well. He made pretend he didn't hear the question twice and then he told him that it was really none of his business and that we waited until we were married. He was convinced after the interview that he was doomed to never get the visa and that he was denied but apparently all is well and it's just that we're in ap hell like so many others on here.

Hopefully you won't get the same guy since apparently he's famous on here for being an a$$ to the interviewees.

Ok that's it for me. Good luck and good night! I'll check in the morning to see how it went!

Does it really matter if you have sex before marriage or not; is it that important?

apparently it is important to them as they ask you right up front when you go to get the marriage certificate in morocco, no idea what would happen if u didnt answer no

and greata news on the successful interview

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sounds great, Laura. :thumbs:

:dance: :dance: CONGRATULATIONS! :dance: :dance:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Great news and congratulations!

:D

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.