ss918

SO nervous

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
I'm stunned to think that *anyone* in Cairo is working at 7:30 a.m.

:lol:

What movies did you get?

Too funny! Me too! Let's pray that there is someone there to meet him!!

My daughter and i watched Number 23 with Jim Carry and I got "Shattered" --- not a lot to pick from at the movie store later on a Saturday!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
awwww do not worry sweety!! :) inshAllah his interview will go GREAT!!! :) i remember the feeling about two weeks ago... but i am sure all will go well and he will get through the interview easily and inshAllah I am praying for you both that he gets a speedy visa!! :D sending you tons of ((((((HUGS)))))) and if you need anything please let me know :)(F)

How did you survive this?? LOL I am glued to my phone.... wondering how he is doing, and its still 45 min to his interview time! :) (IF it is on time-- but I keep thinking that they can't possibly be behind at 730 am can they?? -- oh wait, this is Cairo, anything is possible LOL) You are so sweet to pray for us and I will do the same that you are with your habibi soon!!!! Biggest ((((((HUGS)))))) right back at you!!

Laura (L)

HAHA i was glued to my phone too...and could not fall asleep not just that night but for the entire week before the interview...it is nerve wracking...especially when dealing with Cairo where ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is possible...lol

when my hubby was there...there were about 60 people in line...and he was waiting halfway in the line at around 6:30...they DID open their doors at 7:30 and took everyone to wait in a waiting room...stating to them it did not matter what position you were in outside the embassy...and that they would call your name to the window once they are ready...the woman who interviewed him asked him a couple of questions...told him the standard congrats you should receive your visa in two weeks (which unfortunately has not happened yet...but inshAllah everything will be fine I pray) :) ...then by the time he was done with everything it was 10:45 am when he called me and told me what happened...so it does take time :) but do not trouble your heart with worries dear!!! :) i am praying for you as well as everyone on the VJ site!!! it is tough but just know this may be the last step in the process (i pray for no AP for you and your hubby)...and you will be reunited with your loved one soon!!! INSHALLAH :D take care sweety and i cannot WAIT to hear the great news :)(L)

whatever it takes...or how my heart breaks...i will be right here waiting for you... 636.gif

The consulate in Cairo conducts business on Sunday? :unsure: Wow, what days are they off? The consulate we went through was closed Saturday and Sunday....like US govt. offices here. (Except for those odd touches that some people get on weekends and national holidays. :unsure: )

-P

Egypt is an Islamic country and the days off are Friday and Saturday. Their Sunday is like our Monday here. :)

Aha, I see. :) I knew they had to have days off...no govt office works 7 days a week....except maybe the IRS and if they do it's only during tax filing time. ;)

OP, good luck on your SO's interview...hope you'll hear good news soon.

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Timeline
Hi all!

Ashraf's interview is in an hour and 45 minutes and I am feeling a little sick to my stomach! I just got off the phone with him to wish him luck and try to send a big hug and kiss through the phone. Insha allah it will be fine and I will post a list of questions he was asked at the Cairo Embassy as soon as I hear from him--- God help us all to get through this process with our sanity and to be with our loved onces soon!!

Take care everyone!

Laura (L)

i cant forget that feeling even though i had my interview last week lol ....i'm sure he will do just fine inshallah :) . pray for him and keep us posted with the result .

good luck. (F)

I dont imagine that this is a feeling that any of us will soon forget! I just read your interview review-- you waited 5 hours?!?!? What time was your interview scheduled for? It sounds like it went well though-- Congratulations!! Insha Allah we will all be with our loved ones soon!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I'm stunned to think that *anyone* in Cairo is working at 7:30 a.m.

:lol:

What movies did you get?

Too funny! Me too! Let's pray that there is someone there to meet him!!

My daughter and i watched Number 23 with Jim Carry and I got "Shattered" --- not a lot to pick from at the movie store later on a Saturday!

I got Shattered via netflix but I"ll have to wait until next weekend when the kids are at their dad's to watch it. I normally put the family appropriate movies in the queue (sp??) for the weekend they are with me and the thriller/action/blood and guts ones for when I'm alone. lol. I hope it's good! I love the type where you're afraid to go to sleep after! :thumbs:

Well good luck and I"m sure the west coasters will keep you company!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hi all!

Ashraf's interview is in an hour and 45 minutes and I am feeling a little sick to my stomach! I just got off the phone with him to wish him luck and try to send a big hug and kiss through the phone. Insha allah it will be fine and I will post a list of questions he was asked at the Cairo Embassy as soon as I hear from him--- God help us all to get through this process with our sanity and to be with our loved onces soon!!

Take care everyone!

Laura (L)

i cant forget that feeling even though i had my interview last week lol ....i'm sure he will do just fine inshallah :) . pray for him and keep us posted with the result .

good luck. (F)

I dont imagine that this is a feeling that any of us will soon forget! I just read your interview review-- you waited 5 hours?!?!? What time was your interview scheduled for? It sounds like it went well though-- Congratulations!! Insha Allah we will all be with our loved ones soon!!

whoops just read this. yeah well i'm sure the 5 hours is due to his not showing up. We were the only immigrant visa interview scheduled for that day. When he went back the next week I think he was the first one called.

The interview went pretty badly actually. The guy was in a hugely bad mood and talked down to my husband like he was a fly on dog #######. He asked him when we had sex! I had prepped my husband and told him not to get angry since they could test him and see if he flies off the handle so he handled it pretty well. He made pretend he didn't hear the question twice and then he told him that it was really none of his business and that we waited until we were married. He was convinced after the interview that he was doomed to never get the visa and that he was denied but apparently all is well and it's just that we're in ap hell like so many others on here.

Hopefully you won't get the same guy since apparently he's famous on here for being an a$$ to the interviewees.

Ok that's it for me. Good luck and good night! I'll check in the morning to see how it went!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline
awwww do not worry sweety!! :) inshAllah his interview will go GREAT!!! :) i remember the feeling about two weeks ago... but i am sure all will go well and he will get through the interview easily and inshAllah I am praying for you both that he gets a speedy visa!! :D sending you tons of ((((((HUGS)))))) and if you need anything please let me know :)(F)

How did you survive this?? LOL I am glued to my phone.... wondering how he is doing, and its still 45 min to his interview time! :) (IF it is on time-- but I keep thinking that they can't possibly be behind at 730 am can they?? -- oh wait, this is Cairo, anything is possible LOL) You are so sweet to pray for us and I will do the same that you are with your habibi soon!!!! Biggest ((((((HUGS)))))) right back at you!!

Laura (L)

HAHA i was glued to my phone too...and could not fall asleep not just that night but for the entire week before the interview...it is nerve wracking...especially when dealing with Cairo where ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is possible...lol

when my hubby was there...there were about 60 people in line...and he was waiting halfway in the line at around 6:30...they DID open their doors at 7:30 and took everyone to wait in a waiting room...stating to them it did not matter what position you were in outside the embassy...and that they would call your name to the window once they are ready...the woman who interviewed him asked him a couple of questions...told him the standard congrats you should receive your visa in two weeks (which unfortunately has not happened yet...but inshAllah everything will be fine I pray) :) ...then by the time he was done with everything it was 10:45 am when he called me and told me what happened...so it does take time :) but do not trouble your heart with worries dear!!! :) i am praying for you as well as everyone on the VJ site!!! it is tough but just know this may be the last step in the process (i pray for no AP for you and your hubby)...and you will be reunited with your loved one soon!!! INSHALLAH :D take care sweety and i cannot WAIT to hear the great news :)(L)

Ok, now you've gone and made me cry.... really your support and kind words are SO appreciated. And thank you too for letting me know the time involved... silly me was expecting a phone call at like 1230 or 1 am and would have been worried sick when it didnt come (Shame on me-- I have been to Egypt twice now and should have remembere the SLOW pace there LOL) I will keep you in my prayers as well..... and will anxiously await your "Visa in Hand" post!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hi all!

Take care everyone!

Laura (L)

good luck. (F)

Thank you .inshallah will congrat you too so soon , applicants should be there at 7:30AM but once we get inside there is waiting area to wait your number to be called , we was # 13 and was inside at 7:30 but when they called us to the window for interview it was allready 12:40PM

AOS

Sent..... 7/18/2008

NOA1.....7/28/2008

Timeline
Hi all!

Take care everyone!

Laura (L)

good luck. (F)

Thank you .inshallah will congrat you too so soon , applicants should be there at 7:30AM but once we get inside there is waiting area to wait your number to be called , we was # 13 and was inside at 7:30 but when they called us to the window for interview it was allready 12:40PM

Wow, thanks for the heads up--- I know now from your's and others not to expect a phone call any time soon! I think I will TRY to get a little sleep! Thanks again for everything! ((((hugs)))))

Laura :)

Timeline

:):):):):):):):):)

hiii..

haha...i didn't think i would ever get this feeling again...haha...but i get it every time i hear about a visa interview..haha...

my husband's interview was at 7:30 and he got there around 6:45, he was second in line...i remember, he called me at around 2:30am my time, which is 9:30am his time....

good luck good luck good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L)

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Timeline

Thanks so much for everyone's thoughts and prayers and spending your time with me on this LONG night! I am going to TRY to get a little rest.... I have to be up for my son's hockey game in 6 short hours! Insha Allah I will have some good news to post in the morning!! Thanks again for all of your support!

Laura

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Waiting to hear the good news, Laura...... :star:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hi all!

Take care everyone!

Laura (L)

good luck. (F)

whoops just read this. yeah well i'm sure the 5 hours is due to his not showing up. We were the only immigrant visa interview scheduled for that day. When he went back the next week I think he was the first one called.

The interview went pretty badly actually. The guy was in a hugely bad mood and talked down to my husband like he was a fly on dog #######. He asked him when we had sex! I had prepped my husband and told him not to get angry since they could test him and see if he flies off the handle so he handled it pretty well. He made pretend he didn't hear the question twice and then he told him that it was really none of his business and that we waited until we were married. He was convinced after the interview that he was doomed to never get the visa and that he was denied but apparently all is well and it's just that we're in ap hell like so many others on here.

Hopefully you won't get the same guy since apparently he's famous on here for being an a$$ to the interviewees.

Ok that's it for me. Good luck and good night! I'll check in the morning to see how it went!

Does it really matter if you have sex before marriage or not; is it that important?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Laura (L)

I remember being glued to the phone as well. Waiting to hear something. As a matter of fact, another member on here was my contact during the day. We both waited patiently to see who would hear something first. She did, because her now husband had his interview before my husband. My hubby was the last one of the day. I think she even called her husband while he was at the consulate and then she even spoke to my husband. It was so exciting to have that contact person to go through it all with. It made it a lot easier that entire day.

Good luck!

Timeline

hoping for good newssss!! :)

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.