algerian

very confused case

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Algeria
Timeline

i have a friend that he applied for the K1 visa with an american woman and they sent his application for the further review and it is more than a yearnow and it is still reviewing and no answer yet now to the point that he stops feelings for her and he met someone else the question is can this person get married and apply as K3 or CR1 with the second woman he met , this second woman she come to visit him more than 7 times and they have alot of proves because of seeing each other that alot.

any advice would be very appriciated.

i have a friend that he applied for the K1 visa with an american woman and they sent his application for the further review and it is more than a yearnow and it is still reviewing and no answer yet now to the point that he stops feelings for her and he met someone else the question is can this person get married and apply as K3 or CR1 with the second woman he met , this second woman she come to visit him more than 7 times and they have alot of proves because of seeing each other that alot.

The K-1 visa will need to be canceled before applying for a second visa. Its likely that he will still end up administrative review, just because its very common in certain countries.

keTiiDCjGVo

what do you mean by saying he will still end up administrative review.

In certain regions of the world, for security reasons, or if a consulate has a high amount of fraud. Many cases in that particular consulate will end up in AP or AR.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: Timeline

Most likely he wont get an answer from first petition becouse k-1 expires. They will just send his fiance email saying your petition has expired ,you may apply again.

Ditto what everyone else said...AND, the original 'american' woman has to cancel the K-1 petition. Your friend is the beneficiary, he can't cancel the petition. It is the US citizent that has to do that, just like it is the US citizen (the 2nd american woman) that has to apply for the CR1 or K3 visa if she chooses.

On another note....because of the wait time, your friend has stopped feeling for his first american woman...but somehwere in the agonoizingly long, over a year, wait he's met someone else who's come to visit him 7 times?!? Wow he must be one smooth talker! :whistle:

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Ditto what everyone else said...AND, the original 'american' woman has to cancel the K-1 petition. Your friend is the beneficiary, he can't cancel the petition. It is the US citizent that has to do that, just like it is the US citizen (the 2nd american woman) that has to apply for the CR1 or K3 visa if she chooses.

On another note....because of the wait time, your friend has stopped feeling for his first american woman...but somehwere in the agonoizingly long, over a year, wait he's met someone else who's come to visit him 7 times?!? Wow he must be one smooth talker! :whistle:

-P

Let's not confuse petitions and applications. Petitioners (in this case) are US Citizens but the visa applicant is a foreigner. The foreigner actually can cancel their visa application (DS 230 etc.) just like any visa applicant that requires no petitioner can, but the visa applicant cannot withdraw a petition. A USC must do that. A withdrawn petition effectively cancels any visa application that results from it. A US Citizen doesn't need a visa to enter the US, so they only apply for visas to enter other countries, never the US.

The OP's friend would be wise to make certain the petition is withdrawn before they become the beneficiary of a new petition filed by a new petitioner. If they cannot assure that, then if they have actually submitted a visa application to a Consulate, they will want to notify the Consulate they won't be proceding with the visa process.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Does this new American woman know about the original American woman? How is it that while waiting for one year he was able to have the second American woman visit 7 times? Kind of a coincidence that he miraculously fell in love with ANOTHER American woman, huh?

These are all questions he will have to answer at his interview, if he gets that far. :whistle:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Does this new American woman know about the original American woman? How is it that while waiting for one year he was able to have the second American woman visit 7 times? Kind of a coincidence that he miraculously fell in love with ANOTHER American woman, huh?

These are all questions he will have to answer at his interview, if he gets that far. :whistle:

But he's a shoo-in for a visa because "this second woman she come to visit him more than 7 times and they have alot of proves because of seeing each other that alot." :whistle:

OK, I'm gonna stop now. *P slaps her wrist, bad girl!* ;)

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

-P

DITTO!!!!!! And I'm glad you said it...he must have suffered a lot in the waiting process...poor "friend" of yours. Also, it's a big coincidence he meets American women...

BEST OF LUCK to YOUR FRIEND, because he will need it.

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.