Hilarious Clinton

Hamas shut off the power to Palestine

429 posts in this topic

Here is some alternate info:

I don't see how it's "alternate". It doesn't contradict the info I posted because no "refugees" were "expelled" prior to the war of 1947-48.

Refugees:

In addition to those who fled Israeli territory, about 100,000 Arabs in Israel were displaced from their own villages. Many left willingly and were assured that the eviction was a temporary security measure. In particular, the residents of Ikrit and Birim have been trying to return to their villages along the Lebanese border since 1948, but have not been allowed to do so despite repeated rulings of the Israeli supreme court.

more here: http://www.mideastweb.org/refugees1.htm

So how does the displacement of 100,000 Arabs translate to the right of return for 5 million Palestinian refugees?

Oh I see, they should just continue to live in refugee camps for the rest of their lives so that Israel doesn't have to pay for the mistake they made. It's quite sad to see that Arab life has no meaning to you.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So how does the displacement of 100,000 Arabs translate to the right of return for 5 million Palestinian refugees?

It's called reproduction - 60 years worth of children and families.

100,000 became 5 million in 60 years?

Sorry, don't buy it. :no:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

4900% growth in 60 years? Even you have to admit that is absurd.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

Timeline

4900% growth in 60 years? Even you have to admit that is absurd.

Indeed. The world population (including India and China) had only doubled

but the Palestinian population increased 49x fold? Purlease.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline
Oh I see, they should just continue to live in refugee camps for the rest of their lives so that Israel doesn't have to pay for the mistake they made. It's quite sad to see that Arab life has no meaning to you.

Frankly, the Palestinians made the bigger mistake when the war was lost and they refused to negotiate.

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Apparently no one followed the link I also posted so I'll add the info here:

The war that ensued was won by Israel, creating a large number of Arab refugees. Estimates vary from about 520,000 (Israeli sources) to 726,000 (UN sources) to over 800,000 (Arab sources) refugees, Palestinian Arabs who fled or were forced out of their homes during the fighting. This number has grown to include over 4.6 million displaced persons, about 3.7 million of whom are currently registered as refugees with the UNRWA (United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees). Of these, somewhat over a million live in camps run by the UNRWA (see www.un.org/unrwa/pr/pdf/figures.pdf ) Generally, refugees living in the camps live in conditions of abject poverty and overcrowding. The refugees of the 1948 Israeli war of independence and the lesser number of refugees of the 1967 war constitute a real monumental humanitarian and political problem, and no resolution of the conflict can ignore them. The issue has also been deliberately exploited by Arab and Palestinian politicians in their war with Israel. The refugee problem has been at the heart of peace negotiations ever since 1949.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

100,000 became 5 million in 60 years?

Sorry, don't buy it. :no:

Then maybe your numbers were off to begin with ;)

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Timeline

JP,

You're from Jordan. Tell me, why are there Palestinian refugee camps in Jordan?

Still, today, in 2008. The camps were established after the 1948 war to accommodate

Palestinian refugees who fled from the war. 1948! Why are these people

(whose number has grown from a few hundred thousand to more than 4 million) still

living in refugee camps?

60 years wasn't enough time to assimilate into Jordan (Lebanon, Syria and other

countries where the camps are located)?

Why wouldn't Jordan let them build homes and live like normal people? Or maybe

they are being used as pawns in a game and forced to live in camps?

Edited by mawilson

These pro-Israeli people will never understand, because they believe "might is right" principle.

History is against you. The muslims didn't exactly purchase that land from the jews to begin with. It was kind of taken forcefully.

Do you only study the anti-Israeli portions of history?

Jews lived peacefully with Arabs and Muslims in Arab lands, in Spain. Where do you get your invented history? When the Jews were persecuted by the Crusaders, it was the Muslim lands where they run into for shelter.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Timeline
These pro-Israeli people will never understand, because they believe "might is right" principle.

History is against you. The muslims didn't exactly purchase that land from the jews to begin with. It was kind of taken forcefully.

Do you only study the anti-Israeli portions of history?

Jews lived peacefully with Arabs and Muslims in Arab lands, in Spain. Where do you get your invented history? When the Jews were persecuted by the Crusaders, it was the Muslim lands where they run into for shelter.

The point I was making had NOTHING to do with Arabs v. Jews. What I was trying to point out was that this was Jewish land hundreds of years ago. It was arab land 60 years ago.

Guess what? None of that matters. It's Israel now.

JP,

You're from Jordan. Tell me, why are there Palestinian refugee camps in Jordan?

Still, today, in 2008. The camps were established after the 1948 war to accommodate

Palestinian refugees who fled from the war. 1948! Why are these people

(whose number has grown from a few hundred thousand to more than 4 million) still

living in refugee camps?

60 years wasn't enough time to assimilate into Jordan (Lebanon, Syria and other

countries where the camps are located)?

Why wouldn't Jordan let them build homes and live like normal people? Or maybe

they are being used as pawns in a game and forced to live in camps?

Again you are wrong. MANY palistinians have assimilated into Jordan and become citizens of Jordan and MANY are holding out for thieir rights to get their land and homes back. That is a personal choice, and out of all the arab countries Jordan has done the best job at this. Not all countries will grant citizenship.

However all of this doesnt matter, why should other countries have to deal with Israels mistake? Can you answer that questions without bringing up Hamas or terrorism? Can we at least discuss this topic in a humane way without dismissing Arab's as human beings?

The point I was making had NOTHING to do with Arabs v. Jews. What I was trying to point out was that this was Jewish land hundreds of years ago. It was arab land 60 years ago.

If none of that mattered, there would be no hostilities.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Timeline

I was just stating that as it is, Israel is Israel. It's time for them all to get over it and live peacefully. Until then, they are both to blame.

I was just stating that as it is, Israel is Israel. It's time for them all to get over it and live peacefully. Until then, they are both to blame.

Well, the "get over it" approach to diplomacy doesn't have a very good track record throughout history...

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Timeline
Again you are wrong. MANY palistinians have assimilated into Jordan and become citizens of Jordan and MANY are holding out for thieir rights to get their land and homes back. That is a personal choice, and out of all the arab countries Jordan has done the best job at this. Not all countries will grant citizenship.

However all of this doesnt matter, why should other countries have to deal with Israels mistake? Can you answer that questions without bringing up Hamas or terrorism? Can we at least discuss this topic in a humane way without dismissing Arab's as human beings?

You seem to keep implying that Israel is solely to blame.

Well, the "get over it" approach to diplomacy doesn't have a very good track record throughout history...

I agree. The type of diplomacy that has worked for thousands of years would include taking all of the land and telling the Palestinians to leave or die.