Hilarious Clinton

Hamas shut off the power to Palestine

429 posts in this topic

Again you are wrong. MANY palistinians have assimilated into Jordan and become citizens of Jordan and MANY are holding out for thieir rights to get their land and homes back. That is a personal choice, and out of all the arab countries Jordan has done the best job at this. Not all countries will grant citizenship.

However all of this doesnt matter, why should other countries have to deal with Israels mistake? Can you answer that questions without bringing up Hamas or terrorism? Can we at least discuss this topic in a humane way without dismissing Arab's as human beings?

You seem to keep implying that Israel is solely to blame.

I didn't say they were solely to blame but tell me how this should be Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Morocco, and many other countries problem to solve?

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Again you are wrong. MANY palistinians have assimilated into Jordan and become citizens of Jordan and MANY are holding out for thieir rights to get their land and homes back. That is a personal choice, and out of all the arab countries Jordan has done the best job at this. Not all countries will grant citizenship.

However all of this doesnt matter, why should other countries have to deal with Israels mistake? Can you answer that questions without bringing up Hamas or terrorism? Can we at least discuss this topic in a humane way without dismissing Arab's as human beings?

I didn't say they were solely to blame but tell me how this should be Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Morocco, and many other countries problem to solve?

It isn't. I think it is noble of them to accept the refugees, but they don't need to. The palestinians put themselves behind the 8-ball and they need to work hard to rid extremists and move toward peace. That said, Israel should make more of an effort to allow peaceful palestinians to assimilate, but that cannot be done until the violence stops and the entire region is mostly unified.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I agree. But why is Jordan the only Arab country to welcome the Palestinians and grant them citizenship?

Hmm, really. Why should Arab countries accept Arab refugees? What a crazy idea.

Israel welcomed hundreds of thousands of Jewish refugees who fled from Arab lands.

Almost 900,000 Jews have left their homes in Arab countries since 1948. Should their

descendants now demand the right of return to Iran, Iraq, Libya and Syria?

Edited by mawilson
biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

It isn't. I think it is noble of them to accept the refugees, but they don't need to. The palestinians put themselves behind the 8-ball and they need to work hard to rid extremists and move toward peace. That said, Israel should make more of an effort to allow peaceful palestinians to assimilate, but that cannot be done until the violence stops and the entire region is mostly unified.

I agree :thumbs: BUT their is violence on both sides.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Timeline
That said, Israel should make more of an effort to allow peaceful palestinians to assimilate, but that cannot be done until the violence stops and the entire region is mostly unified.

Israel has a sizeable Palestinian population (1.4 million) within its borders who are Israeli citizens and are fully assimilated.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Might also be interesting to add that those Jewish people who left Arab lands didn't leave out of hostilities, they left by choice. When Israel became an option is when they left.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

I agree. But why is Jordan the only Arab country to welcome the Palestinians and grant them citizenship?

Hmm, really. Why should Arab countries accept Arab refugees? What a crazy idea.

Israel welcomed hundreds of thousands of Jewish refugees who fled from Arab lands.

Almost 900,000 Jews have left their homes in Arab countries since 1948. Should their

descendants now demand the right of return to Iran, Iraq, Libya and Syria?

Just because they are both Arab countries doesnt mean squat. Every country has rules and rights. Just because their neighbor speaks the same language doesnt give them the right to live in another country. When Jordan opened its borders to Iraqi's seeking refuge, yes it was a very humane thing to do however the citizens of Jordan suffered greatly from this. Jordan is a poor country that has no natural resources and they rely on foreign aid. Your argument makes no sense and no other country would accept this mindset of thinking.

Timeline
Might also be interesting to add that those Jewish people who left Arab lands didn't leave out of hostilities, they left by choice. When Israel became an option is when they left.

I'm dying to say

"That is the most ignorant thing I have seen in this thread yet. "

but I won't. B)

I'll just quote Wiki

Jewish Exodus from Arab lands

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Does anyone else find it a little ironic that if outside observers commentating on this problem can't agree on a solution to it without arguing every which way, about who did what, when and who's fault was it, how exactly do we expect the folks immersed in it on a daily basis to do likewise?

Sounds like an uphill battle doesn't it :lol:

Timeline
Just because they are both Arab countries doesnt mean squat. Every country has rules and rights. Just because their neighbor speaks the same language doesnt give them the right to live in another country. When Jordan opened its borders to Iraqi's seeking refuge, yes it was a very humane thing to do however the citizens of Jordan suffered greatly from this. Jordan is a poor country that has no natural resources and they rely on foreign aid. Your argument makes no sense and no other country would accept this mindset of thinking.

But..... even your King Abdullah considered the Palestinian Arabs and Jordanians one people.

When he annexed the West Bank (in 1950), he forbade the use of the term Palestine in

official documents.

The people who were expelled from Palestine 60 years ago are all dead. The so-called

"refugees" are their children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren who have never lived in

the villages their great-grandparents were expelled from and wouldn't be able to tell Ramle

from their elbow.

As far as these people are concerned, they already have a perfectly good Palestinian state.

It's called Jordan.

Does anyone else find it a little ironic that if outside observers commentating on this problem can't agree on a solution to it without arguing every which way, about who did what, when and who's fault was it, how exactly do we expect the folks immersed in it on a daily basis to do likewise?

Sounds like an uphill battle doesn't it :lol:

:lol: good point!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Seems most of the movement was spawned by Hitler and the Vichy's not by the Arab leaders. But I'll take it yes they did move perhaps not 100% by choice:

I liked this one: "Through the early fifties, Zionist organizations encouraged emigration, particularly in the poorer south of the country, seeing Moroccan Jews as valuable contributors to the Jewish State:

...These Jews constitute the best and most suitable human element for settlement in Israel's absorption centers. There were many positive aspects which I found among them: first and foremost, they all know (their agricultural) tasks, and their transfer to agricultural work in Israel will not involve physical and mental difficulties. They are satisfied with few (material needs), which will enable them to confront their early economic problems.

—Yehuda Grinker, The Emigration of Atlas Jews to Israel "

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

But..... even your King Abdullah considered the Palestinian Arabs and Jordanians one people.

When he annexed the West Bank (in 1950), he forbade the use of the term Palestine in

official documents.

The people who were expelled from Palestine 60 years ago are all dead. The so-called

"refugees" are their children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren who have never lived in

the villages their great-grandparents were expelled from and wouldn't be able to tell Ramle

from their elbow.

As far as these people are concerned, they already have a perfectly good Palestinian state.

It's called Jordan.

Wrong again. BTW in 1950 it was King Hussein not King Abdullah. You think that Palistinians and Jordanians are one people? They are not, even those Palistinians that hold Jordanian passports have identifying numbers on there that indicate if that person is indeed of Palistinian or Jordanian descent. Jordan is not Palestine and it never will be, do you actually think that is the solution to the problem? BTW, there is a policy in Jordan called Jordan first, meaing JORDANIANS first, before Palistinians and before Iraqi's.

Do you also think that Palistinians are happy living in Jordan? There are some yes but they identify themselves as Jordanians now.

Timeline
Wrong again. BTW in 1950 it was King Hussein not King Abdullah.

Oh boy. And you call yourself Jordanian.

Abdullah was the King of Jordan until 1951 when he was assassinated (by a Palestinian, no less.)

Wrong again. BTW in 1950 it was King Hussein not King Abdullah.

Oh boy. And you call yourself Jordanian.

Abdullah was the King of Jordan until 1951 when he was assassinated (by a Palestinian, no less.)

:blush: my bad...

IS that your only response to my entire post?

Edited by ♥JP♥