60 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm shocked no because when i put my application in in July, the GC processing time was 6 months according to the USCIS website. My husband and I (perhaps foolishly) planned our method of action according to that 6 month timeline. I didn't apply for EAD then because we decided that I could wait 6 months... I haven't been able to travel since I've been here because they rejected my AP for incorrect fees when the fee was exactly correct... that's were my frustration comes from I guess... It's also a bit annoying for those who've submitted after the fee increase - pay more but longer processing times. I'm shocked and dismayed only because it's been nearly 6 months and I can't travel or work.

I get the security issue and I'll be the last to complain about inconvenient measures taken in the name of security. My husband works in gov security and he's also never one to complain about this sort of thing... but even HE is getting frustrated with the process so far.

AOS despair- you're totally right... sometimes it IS a bit discouraging to see other people's timelines and notice they're getting processed a LOT more quickly than mine is... but I'm still totally glad I found this site :) Sometimes I have silly questions like this one for example:

??What is the difference between conditional 2 year GC and a 10 year one? How do they determine which one a person gets?

If you've been married 2 years on your GC approval date, you get the 10 year c ard. If you've been married less than 2 years, you get the 2 year card.

That totally makes sense! Thank you for answering that for me :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
:thumbs:

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

To me (us), the good part about AOS was the fact that Claudeth was here so there was no more being apart so waiting a few more months for the government to catch up on their paperwork was secondary.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Timeline
I just saw the following in the news section of uscis.gov:

Q : When can I expect USCIS to process my case?

USCIS processes applications in the order they are received by application type. Due to the significant increase in the number of applications filed, processing times have been affected. As a result, average processing times for certain application types filed after June 1, 2007, may become longer. For example:

Naturalization applications may take approximately 16-18 months to process;

Family-based adjustment of status applications may take 10-12 months; and

Immigrant petitions for relatives and workers may take 9-10 months.

Application processing times are accessible from the USCIS.gov homepage. Processing times are an estimate of how long it will take to complete your case. Each case is different, and some cases may take longer to process than others. You can use your receipt (I-797) to check the status of your case using Case Status Online. Please note that USCIS will only process requests for case status information if it is beyond posted processing times. We encourage you to check processing times, which are updated monthly, before inquiring about your case.

What??

:wacko:

:lol: I chuckle when I read posts like this! The processing timelines announced by USCIS are directly related to the volume of petitions being handled. Now in order for processing times to be a quick turnaround (across the board and not the isolated situation, mind you) then the volume of cases would have to be smaller. So, for those aliens that are watching processing timelines like a "boiling pot" and anxious for "their" case to be handled, which fellow aliens do you think should wait before beginning their journey? ;)

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Timeline

:lol: I chuckle when I read posts like this! The processing timelines announced by USCIS are directly related to the volume of petitions being handled. Now in order for processing times to be a quick turnaround (across the board and not the isolated situation, mind you) then the volume of cases would have to be smaller. So, for those aliens that are watching processing timelines like a "boiling pot" and anxious for "their" case to be handled, which fellow aliens do you think should wait before beginning their journey? ;)

What?

What?

Let me say it more clearly. If you are anxious and wondering why it is taking so long to process your petition, it is because there are a lot to process. In order to make yours get to the top of the pile more quickly, the pile would have to be smaller. That's all. :D

"diaddie mermaid"

Timeline

What?

Let me say it more clearly. If you are anxious and wondering why it is taking so long to process your petition, it is because there are a lot to process. In order to make yours get to the top of the pile more quickly, the pile would have to be smaller. That's all. :D

USCIS provides a service. If the petitions pile up to a point that is unmanageable for the staff to keep up with, they need to hire more people to process the flood of applications. The timelines provided on their website have doubled in the last 6 months and I'm not alone in thinking that is unsat. The fact that fees have increased by so much while the service provided is below what it was 6 months ago is unsat. There have been a number of Congressmen/women who have brought this up so I know my feelings on this aren't unique. Where there is need, I believe, they need to adjust to accommodate to that need - in this case volume of applications has created a need for more staff. Why do you think the help-line and forms are available in Spanish? A large number of immigrants spoke only Spanish and, as a result, <b>thousands</b> of dollars were spent to accommodate that need... and those Spanish-speaking immigrants paying for a service had their needs met accordingly. I just think something similar should be done here.

What?

USCIS provides a service. If the petitions pile up to a point that is unmanageable for the staff to keep up with, they need to hire more people to process the flood of applications. The timelines provided on their website have doubled in the last 6 months and I'm not alone in thinking that is unsat. The fact that fees have increased by so much while the service provided is below what it was 6 months ago is unsat. There have been a number of Congressmen/women who have brought this up so I know my feelings on this aren't unique. Where there is need, I believe, they need to adjust to accommodate to that need - in this case volume of applications has created a need for more staff. Why do you think the help-line and forms are available in Spanish? A large number of immigrants spoke only Spanish and, as a result, <b>thousands</b> of dollars were spent to accommodate that need... and those Spanish-speaking immigrants paying for a service had their needs met accordingly. I just think something similar should be done here.

You're dealing with an 'unknown' volume. Hard to anticipate, and variable. When the overload becomes too overbearing, then occasionally adjustments are made in the procedure. Frankly, as has been said already on the board today, several more months is a drop in the bucket for a lifetime together.

"diaddie mermaid"

Timeline

What?

You're dealing with an 'unknown' volume. Hard to anticipate, and variable. When the overload becomes too overbearing, then occasionally adjustments are made in the procedure. Frankly, as has been said already on the board today, several more months is a drop in the bucket for a lifetime together.

I'm sorry but I disagree. It's not an unknown volume. They've been publishing news statements for the past 5 months regarding volume. They've known about the increase in petitions/ applications for a long time. It has become overbearing - Congress is talking about it.

I'm sorry... I don't consider it a drop in the bucket and neither does my husband. We're together, yes, and totally grateful for that but it would be nice to get the service we paid for... that's all.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

What?

I'm sorry but I disagree. It's not an unknown volume. They've been publishing news statements for the past 5 months regarding volume. They've known about the increase in petitions/ applications for a long time. It has become overbearing - Congress is talking about it.

I'm sorry... I don't consider it a drop in the bucket and neither does my husband. We're together, yes, and totally grateful for that but it would be nice to get the service we paid for... that's all.

No offense, but you ARE dealing with a US government agency. You really can't expect much, and it's hard to hire more people when they're only given a certain amount of money, and only have a certain amount of money. No one is going to work for free, and they've had to slash contractor wages (a sign that there isn't enough money). Everyone wants to blame USCIS, but it's a bigger problem than just that.

As far as "a service you've paid for" - you really can't compare a government agency to a restaurant or a cable company or whatever. Service will always be mediocre at best, especially when the government finds so much other ####### more important than legal immigration.

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

I'm shocked no because when i put my application in in July, the GC processing time was 6 months according to the USCIS website.

Hi RhymesWithCandi. Don't forget that the advertised processing time on that site is referring to employment-based AOS. There is no advertised processing time for family-based AOS.

iagree.gif

What?

You are entitled to your opinion, but it is an unknown volume and variable. Just how, exactly, would USCIS know the approximate number of petitions for alien relatives that are going to come in? Do you really believe that a US agency such as USCIS would know the number of people that are courting foreign-born individuals and likely to decide to begin the immigration process? Do you think they are clairvoyant? And just for grins, let's hypothetically agree that they have such powers, that doesn't discount that variable factor. Perhaps in the early part of the year there are "x" number of cases, and later, say 6 months on, there are 1/3X cases. How can an agency gear up and down to that degree without either paying through the nose for interim contracts, or incurring liabilities down the road for lay offs? I think it is not that simple.

"diaddie mermaid"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think all you can do is perhaps apply for that EAD and hopefully things get cleared up on the AP side :) Just as a precaution why not go ahead and see what comes out of the EAD? My husband and I saved $$$$, expecting that I would potentially be out of work for 6 months...of course now it looks like less....yay! My EAD biometrics is tomorrow, so hopefully within 1-2 months I can work.

I doubt the US government is any slower than Canada with respect to immigration, we just haven't had to deal with it.

Just mho

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
You are entitled to your opinion, but it is an unknown volume and variable. Just how, exactly, would USCIS know the approximate number of petitions for alien relatives that are going to come in? Do you really believe that a US agency such as USCIS would know the number of people that are courting foreign-born individuals and likely to decide to begin the immigration process? Do you think they are clairvoyant? And just for grins, let's hypothetically agree that they have such powers, that doesn't discount that variable factor. Perhaps in the early part of the year there are "x" number of cases, and later, say 6 months on, there are 1/3X cases. How can an agency gear up and down to that degree without either paying through the nose for interim contracts, or incurring liabilities down the road for lay offs? I think it is not that simple.

I do wish more people would realise this...that would make it less of a frustration when dealing with the USCIS. Besides, if you're waiting it out with your SO, that's the biggest hurdle of all. We've all had to wait...no one is immune.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline

What?

I'm not suggesting they be clairvoyant... like I said, they have KNOWN about the increase in volume for several months. But speaking of clairvoyance, they actually predicted an influx of petitions with the rate increase - particularly for naturalization. As for contracts, isn't the whole POINT of government contracting work out to SAVE money. I don't buy it that it's tough to "gear up and down" when you're dealing with contractors. The beauty of government contractors is that the government can use then temporarily. I'm not saying it's simple at all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.