Amby

Wanting some advice

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

yeah, would you be going also? what about your business you opened (i swear i read you opened a restaurant. maybe i'm wrong) ?

if it wouldn't disrupt your life too much here i'd go no question!

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Er, what's so wrong with France that some of you wouldn't even visit for 6 months? Or, have you just never been and have some irrational prejudice?

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

i like to hang in france for 6 months

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

after being all this time away from hubby I wouldn't want him to go anywhere for over a month.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Timeline

I would be going as well. My business partner will run the business while I'm away. We've talked about it more and we're seriously considering doing it just for the summer. My friend owns a pretty large adult film company so I can help him with secretarial stuff if I get bored. He lives about an hour by train from Paris...I forget the name of the town but it's quite small and I want to say it's in Bourgogne which is wine country. It's in the middle of nowhere. The house needs a lot of repairs though I will add a photo to it but when it's finished it will be beautiful.

Dscf0041.jpg

There is a river on the other side of the road and he owns a little island in the middle of the river...the first task will be to build a footbridge across it. Sounds kinda interesting.

Edited by Amber&Neil

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

that is cool! ..............if you can have a life experience ..that you can always cherish..then do it...dr dean

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Amber, if its feasible, you should go for it! Such a great opportunity! I wish I had done more before I had kids, cos now its so much harder to do such spontaneous things!

For the record, you Francophobes, France is wonderful!

I agree with all of the supportive comments.... as long as you've thought it through, it will be a great adventure!!

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Timeline

I agree France is wonderful! I also agree that there are so many things I want to do before we have kids. I told Neil we must travel the world before we have kids otherwise we're going to wait til we're 70 and can barely walk. I come up with all sorts of "crazy" as Neil would say plans for travel but last night he said "I think one of your crazy plans might just work this time". I did a little victory dance on the inside haha

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It sounds like a fantastic opportunity for you both...

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Go for it extra money in your pockets.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
I agree France is wonderful! I also agree that there are so many things I want to do before we have kids. I told Neil we must travel the world before we have kids otherwise we're going to wait til we're 70 and can barely walk. I come up with all sorts of "crazy" as Neil would say plans for travel but last night he said "I think one of your crazy plans might just work this time". I did a little victory dance on the inside haha

*green with envy* I hope it all works out!!! Keep us posted!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sounds like a great opportunity - hope it works out...Good Luck!!!

D.

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!