one...two...tree

More flee California state than move in

109 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I hate the cost of living here but can't afford to move.

Me too. I'm hoping we can move out of here within the next 3 years. I'd like to try living on the East Coast for a change.

Most of New England is just as pricey as here.

There's always the Dixie part of the east coast :innocent:

The Northeast does have affordable pockets, but they're out in the supercommuter-haven exurbs. Places like Ocean County in NJ or the Lehigh Valley in PA come to mind.

I don't know anything about New England, though.

Edited by VJ Troll

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I hate the cost of living here but can't afford to move.

Me too. I'm hoping we can move out of here within the next 3 years. I'd like to try living on the East Coast for a change.

Most of New England is just as pricey as here.

There's always the Dixie part of the east coast :innocent:

The NE does have affordable pockets, but they're out in the supercommuter-haven exurbs. Places like Ocean County in NJ or the Lehigh Valley in PA come to mind.

I was thinking of several things...being in close proximity to so many places, mass transit, more cities and towns that weren't designed around the automobile.

I was thinking of several things...being in close proximity to so many places, mass transit, more cities and towns that weren't designed around the automobile.

You sound like you'd fall in love with the Queens :)

I wouldn't want to live in the Queens, though.

Edited by VJ Troll

Timeline

KingOfQueens_S8.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I remember being asked at a job interview several years ago the following: "Are you willing to relocate to another location?" My reply: Pretty much anywhere but California, well, not Alaska either and no NYC. Thankfully the interviewer felt similarly and said they did not have offices in any of those places.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

I remember being asked at a job interview several years ago the following: "Are you willing to relocate to another location?" My reply: Pretty much anywhere but California, well, not Alaska either and no NYC. Thankfully the interviewer felt similarly and said they did not have offices in any of those places.

If I refused to work in the NYC metro and Kali, I'd probably be out of work :)

KingOfQueens_S8.jpg

How'd he end up with her, anyway? I always wondered. Maybe he took Enzyte. Look at that smile, doesn't it look like Smiling Bob?

Timeline
How'd he end up with her, anyway? I always wondered. Maybe he took Enzyte. Look at that smile, doesn't it look like Smiling Bob?

Enzyte? Is it a teeth whitener?

Enzyte? Is it a teeth whitener?

10530126_95bf8c9c92.jpg

This is the latest Enzyte ad. I saw it on SPIKETV today. Very funny. Watch the ladies.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm a California refugee....left So.Cal (born and raised) 13 years ago for Oregon, and would NEVER go back.

Sometimes I miss the weather, but that's about it.

Sooo much prettier and greener and AFFORDABLE here. Way less superficial and "keeping up with the Jones'"

I like having seasons too.

"We are the real countries,

Not the boundaries drawn on maps,

With the names of powerful men.

That's all I've wanted -

To walk in such a place with you,

On an earth without maps."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kev (Canada/BC) & Kiki (USA/Oregon)

flag_usa_canada.gif

Married Nov. 27th, 2004

Done with USCIS until 2017!!

collage4.jpg

olivia12mo2.jpg

Just a thought, but if you think you have to keep up with the Jones, are you really living life?

When I say 'you', I mean of course the general you, not anyone in particular...as it were.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Just a thought, but if you think you have to keep up with the Jones, are you really living life?

When I say 'you', I mean of course the general you, not anyone in particular...as it were.

I'd say you are if you actually enjoy the things that the Joneses have.

Edited by Jenn!