one...two...tree

More flee California state than move in

109 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Gupt's wife doesn't work? :unsure:
What's so terrible about a stay at home wifey?
If a couple doesn't have any children, staying at home is just weird, IMO.

There are those that work to live and then there are those that apparently live to work. That comment puts you into the latter group.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Gupt's wife doesn't work? :unsure:

What's so terrible about a stay at home wifey?

If a couple doesn't have any children, staying at home is just weird, IMO.

Why?

Not being a ####, just wondering. I don't think it's weird at all. Why should both people work if they don't need to?

I meant staying at home to be a 'wifey' as Reinhard put it, seems weird. If the couple doesn't need the second income and she's perfectly happy staying at home, then more power to them. I just can't imagine being content (if I were a wife) to just stay at home. I'd want to have some interests outside the home.

I meant staying at home to be a 'wifey' as Reinhard put it, seems weird. If the couple doesn't need the second income and she's perfectly happy staying at home, then more power to them. I just can't imagine being content (if I were a wife) to just stay at home. I'd want to have some interests outside the home.

Not having a job does not equal having no interests.....

Timeline

Just the same, not having a job and staying at home aren't necessarily the same thing.

Just the same, not having a job and staying at home aren't necessarily the same thing.

Ok, let's try this again.

Staying at home does not equal having no interests....

Timeline

Staying at home to be a 'wifey', IMO, is weird if the couple are childless. I'll leave it at that.

Staying at home to be a 'wifey', IMO, is weird if the couple are childless. I'll leave it at that.

1 - I think you're taking what Reinhard said way too literally...

2 - That is a different than what you and I are talking about. You equated being at home with having no interests. That is what I commented on. Not whether or not you find it 'weird'. :no:

1 - I think you're taking what Reinhard said way too literally...

Too literally as well as out of context. Remember that his original comment followed a discussion on what it takes to make an income above a certain amount. A working wife was one of the conditions mentioned. Clearly, the discussion was around a two income household at that point. Not about what a wifey (as I lovingly put it) could pursue other than a job for a paycheck.

Timeline

Reinhard.... I think most of us here know that Gupt doesn't have any children, so when somebody suggested that his wife should start working, I react surprised if she wasn't working (which she is as he stated). Everything has context. If someone here feels that they're income level is inadequate and they are childless, I would find it weird if the wife weren't working also.

Edited by Mister Fancypants

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
If someone here feels that they're income level is inadequate and they are childless, I would find it weird if the wife weren't working also.

Ooh Lisa's not gonna be happy :whistle:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
Reinhard.... I think most of us here know that Gupt doesn't have any children, so when somebody suggested that his wife should start working, I react surprised if she wasn't working (which she is as he stated). Everything has context. If someone here feels that they're income level is inadequate and they are childless, I would find it weird if the wife weren't working also.

That's the couples personal decision ... you've made yours.

If someone here feels that they're income level is inadequate and they are childless, I would find it weird if the wife weren't working also.

But why? Why can't one spouse and do what they like - like volunteer for a worthy cause or somesuch - rather than working for another paycheck? I mean really. What would be so weird about that if the household has an adequate income from the paycheck that one spouse brings home? Personally, I'd encourage Nani to do what she likes and not worry about money if we were in that situation. And I'm sure she'd think of something worthy to do.

Timeline

But why? Why can't one spouse and do what they like - like volunteer for a worthy cause or somesuch - rather than working for another paycheck? I mean really. What would be so weird about that if the household has an adequate income from the paycheck that one spouse brings home? Personally, I'd encourage Nani to do what she likes and not worry about money if we were in that situation. And I'm sure she'd think of something worthy to do.

That's great. If you both feel content and financially secure with one income, more power to you.

That's great. If you both feel content and financially secure with one income, more power to you.

....but ya'd still find it weird? :P