amalitta

NVC automatic message

16 posts in this topic

Hello

One week ago when i called NVC the automatic message said: "NVC is expecting return of the biographic forms by the petitioner... which is probably the generation of DS-230 forms...(i didnt sent them yet because i am still gathering documents )..but when i called today i got a different message : The NVC has reviewed the packet of forms and they found document missing or incomplete and they mailed the petitionar a letter indicating what documents was missing or incomplete ..

Does anybody know what this message means? Once i found out that they are waiting for the biographic forms I thought everything was fine with the documents i sent in .. .....I wonder if the letter is an RFE ..

Thank you

Amalia

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Hello

One week ago when i called NVC the automatic message said: "NVC is expecting return of the biographic forms by the petitioner... which is probably the generation of DS-230 forms...(i didnt sent them yet because i am still gathering documents )..but when i called today i got a different message : The NVC has reviewed the packet of forms and they found document missing or incomplete and they mailed the petitionar a letter indicating what documents was missing or incomplete ..

Does anybody know what this message means? Once i found out that they are waiting for the biographic forms I thought everything was fine with the documents i sent in .. .....I wonder if the letter is an RFE ..

Thank you

Amalia

Yeah, it' s an RFE for the DS230 which you include a copy of the passport bio page.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It could be an RFE for missing information on something you have sent it (you are doing Adjustment of Status according to your timeline, which I find confusing). I can't tell what you have sent in.

Or, maybe it's just an RFE requesting the DS-230. You can call them and ask them.

Edited by trailmix

They are for sure missing your "DS-230". How I know is because I am in the same step as of right now!!! :thumbs:

I-130 PETITION

May-11-07 Mailed I-130 to CSC

Sept-14-07 I-130 APPROVED!!!!..after 100 days!

NVC Process

Sept-24-07 NVC rec'd case/assigned number

Jan-04-08 NVC CASE COMPLETE

USEM

Feb-14-2008 INTERVIEW IN USEManila APPROVED!!!

Feb-19-2008 Visa in HAND!! Wohoo!!!

IN TEXAS

Feb-28-2008 POE DFW

Mar-24-2008 Receive Green Card on Mail..

REMOVING CONDITIONS NOV..

Jan-11-2010 Mailed I-175 to VSC

Timeline
They are for sure missing your "DS-230". How I know is because I am in the same step as of right now!!! :thumbs:

I'm not trying to be argumentative, it probably is for the DS-230 - however

I don't think you can say it is 'for sure' - the message for a REAL RFE is exactly the same, how do we know she isn't getting an RFE for an I-864 she has already submitted?

I just don't like people being comforted by information like this only to turn around and find out they are getting an RFE for a correction.

Timeline

I'm not trying to be argumentative, it probably is for the DS-230 - however

I don't think you can say it is 'for sure' - the message for a REAL RFE is exactly the same, how do we know she isn't getting an RFE for an I-864 she has already submitted?

I just don't like people being comforted by information like this only to turn around and find out they are getting an RFE for a correction.

well I know it is not for I864, because I got an RFE for I864 (recently) and the automated message will say The NVC has reviewed the packet of Financial forms and they found document missing or incomplete and they mailed the petitioner a letter indicating what documents was missing or incomplete ..

Timeline
well I know it is not for I864, because I got an RFE for I864 (recently) and the automated message will say The NVC has reviewed the packet of Financial forms and they found document missing or incomplete and they mailed the petitioner a letter indicating what documents was missing or incomplete ..

That's a good point, amalitta, they didn't mention the word 'financial' in the message at all did they?

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

the friend of mine had the same message and it happend to b missing DS-230 form and docs which u sent along I hope it's the same and u don't have any RFE

Edited by natashenika

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Ukraine

Marriage : 2006-11-02

I-130 Sent : 2006-12-11

2008-05-16 CR-1 visa issued

2008-05-20 recieved visa

2008-05-31 I arrived at JFK (took me 1hour and a half to be out of the airport with a stamp in my passport)

10 year GC

2010-03-06 I-751 sent

2010-03-09 NOA-1

2010-03-10 check cashed

2010-4-12 Bio (done early 3-29)

2010-6-3 card production ordered

2010-6-19 10 year GC recieved

N-400

2011-3-28 application sent via express mail to LEWISVILLE TX SC

2011-3-29 application recieved

2011-4-20 early BIO

2011-6-16 interview

2011-7-29 Oath

Hello

Thank you

Amalia

They are waiting for your DS 230 after they completed your I-864 review.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Thank you

I just want to update the situation regarding my previous message..

For everyone who get the same message as above i just wanted u to know that the automatic message NVC reffered to was indeed for missing DS-230.form..i just got the papers today..so my worries are over now..no RFE!

Good luck to everyone!

Thank you

For everyone who get the same message as above i just wanted u to know that the automatic message NVC reffered to was indeed for missing DS-230.form..i just got the papers today..so my worries are over now..no RFE!

Good luck to everyone!

Great. This is what we thought and I am glad that you are cruising well.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Timeline

Thank you

Good luck to everyone!

Good to hear amalitta :thumbs:

ktm made a good point about the word "financial" being in the auto-message for an RFE on the I-864, I had forgotten that.

Anyway congrats and onward!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi,

Send ds230 today itself with the supporting docs. best of luck

Jigi

Feb 1,2007 - I-130 Reached USCIS.

Feb 4,2007 - I-130 accepted > Get USCIS case Number NOA1.

May 8 ,2007- GET NVC Case Number > NOA2.

June 16 ,2007- Get Order from NVC to pay 70$.

July 2 ,2007- Get DS-3032 in India.

July 7,2007 - DS-3032 choice of address agent entered in NVC.

July 14 ,2007- Get I-864.

July 18 ,2007- I-864 Enters NVC.

July 29 ,2007- Get Order to Pay 380$ fee.

Aug 3 ,2007- 380$ Fee Reached St Louis.

Aug 25,2007 - NVC & St Louis People receive photocopy of my payment with USPS receipt.

After WAITING for 37 days.

Sept 10,2007 - 380$ fee encashed.

Sept 24,2007 - Receive DS-230 in Mail.

Sept 25,2007 - DS-230 despatched.

Sept 26,2007- DS-230 Delivered.

Oct 1,2007 - NVC has DS-230.

Oct 12, 2007 - DS-230 Reviewed. Case Complete

Oct 16, 2007 - Case at Embassy.

Oct 25, 2007- Interview Letter Despatched from Embassy.

Nov 3, 2007 - Recieved Interview Letter.

Dec 1, 2007 - Medical Exam .

I GOT IT

Jan 16 - I am in USA

April 15 2008 - Get my Drivers License.

I-751 Lifting Conditions at California Service Center

November 12, 2009 - I-751 Sent via USPS Express Mail

November 13, 2009 - Receipt of I-1751 Fee

November 20, 2009 - Arrested on Domestic Battery(Had argument with wife)

December 18, 2009 - Biometrics Completed at 9 am.

January 13, 2010 - Receive I-797E Notice for more evidence

February 16, 2010 - Mail reaches Californa Service Center( Next day of Preseidents Day)

February 19, 2010 - Card Production Ordered. Status now IR1

Timeline

Thank you

Good luck to everyone!

Good to hear amalitta :thumbs:

ktm made a good point about the word "financial" being in the auto-message for an RFE on the I-864, I had forgotten that.

Anyway congrats and onward!

I only knew because of the mistake on my household total and that was how NVC told me to total it. yeah, it was wrong and then RFE. Call them back and was told to use different total. that time I got operator and supervisor's name and wrote a note on RFE sheet saying this is how these people told me to fill out I864. Total seemed wrong but case complete.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.