Ovaltine Jenkins

Our K1 interview experience

39 posts in this topic

Hi everyone :D Couldn´t decide in which thread to put the info first cuz people wanna hear about it at different threads so I decided to write this and then tell them about it :D

So I gathered all the needed stuff and i had a 5kg backpack with me and a 5kg bag that contained such a huge scrapbook lol. (10kg = 22lbs :P)

Got to the Embassy half an hour earlier than I was supposed to. There was noone else waiting there though so they started doing me. The prescreener lady took all the necessary documents from me. The ones they mentioned in Packet 3 - 2x DS-156, OF-156K, medical, my intent to marry, payment receipt, copy of my birth certificate, criminal records and I-134. I think that´s about it. She didn´t ask for all the 10kg lol :P And I went to sit down and was sitting there alone for like 20-30mins while they were checking it I guess. Then the Conzul called me. She asked if I spoke English and took my fingerprints. Then started asking about how we met, how or where we met in person, asked about when different things happened, asked about Scott´s job, asked questions about co-sponsor, how many times I visited him in USA and for how long and what I did there, etc. She always asked some additional questions cuz she was interested in more details. She was very nice and then she said we get the visa but I should come back for it the following day so they can print it out. So I said thank you and left :)

I think the interview itself took about another 20 mins or so cuz I spent an hour at the Embassy.

She didn´t wanna see any of the evidence or anything else I had with me. But better take 10kg with me and be safe than sorry :)

So today I went back to pick up the secret brown (yellow) envelope that I can´t open and the passport. They told me the K1 visa was valid for 6 months and it´s for 1 entry and we have to get married within 3 months.

Also got a small surprise lol. Well at least it was a surprise for me cuz I haven´t heard of it here on vj before so I dunno if it´s normal. But they cancelled my tourist visa lol. Placed a stamp over it. On one hand it makes sense cuz when you have K1 you are expected to go there and use it and get married, but then on the other hand the K1 IS valid for 6 months so if someone has some other plans and is planning to get married later than sooner and still wants to visit their SO before going to stay for good then they can´t. Or is it just me or is that a standard procedure?

Anyways :) We are very happy that we got it and also cuz we don´t have to postpone our wedding date so things are looking good right now :)

Thanks to everyone who has been supportive and good luck to all of you :thumbs::D

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's AWESOME!! Congratulations!! :thumbs:

05/07/2007 : I-129F Sent

05/29/2007 : NOA1

09/28/2007 : NOA2 (144 days from filing date)

11/02/2007 : NVC Received Case (35 days from NOA2)

11/06/2007 : NVC Sent Case to HCM Consulate

11/16/2007 : HCMC Received Case

11/17/2007 : HCMC Sent Packet 3

11/20/2007 : HCMC Received Packet 3

12/10/2007 : HCMC Called Fiancee (Packet 4 Sent + Interview Date)

12/18/2007 : Packet 4 Received

01/02/2008 : Medical Appointment

01/09/2008 : Interview passed!

01/29/2008 : Visa Received

02/02/2008 : POE @ SFO

Favorite Links:

K1 Process Flowchart

Vietnam Visa Seekers

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Already said it but I'll say it again.....

CONGRATULATIONS

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

Thank you :) Well your interview is gonna be pretty soon too so hope you are getting your stuff ready and good luck :thumbs::D

Thank you Weedebz I think you are very sweet :D:blush:

SO happy for you,Marta!! Congratulations!!!!! :D:D

~Rahela

07-25-07 petition sent

08-07-07 NOA1

01-23-08 NOA2, 182 days after filing

02-11-08 medical

03-04-08 interview in Frankfurt---approved!

03-11-8 Visa in hand --- what a heck of a procedure for this little sticker ;-)

06-16-08 flight to IAD

07-11-08 Wedding in Santa Barbara, CA

08-07-8 AOS package sent

08-10-08 AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox

08-14-08 check cashed

08-13-08 NOA1 for EAD,AP,AOS

09-03-08 Biometrics appointment

10-02-08 Case transferred to CSC

10-16-08 EAD and AP approved

01-26-09 AOS approved w/o interview

01-31-09 PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED

02-11-11 Biometric Appointment for Removing of Conditions

Our Wedding Pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rahela07/OurWedding07112008

Gratzies so so so so so so much!! I am so happy for you!!! When are you planning on moving over there?!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Thx so much guys :D:blush:

Don´t have a ticket yet but planning it for around middle of January so in a month I guess. Still a lot of things to arrange here and with the Xmas period now the time gets shorter :):D

Defo! But a month is a nice time to get things sorted a bit - also means a new start for a new year! You must be so so excited!! You will hang around though won't you?! Obviously when things settle down a bit :P But would miss your cheery self if you vanished into wedded bliss!! :D

Besides - you have to be around so I can invite you to my Vegas wedding sometime next summer :lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Many congratulations! :thumbs:

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Defo! But a month is a nice time to get things sorted a bit - also means a new start for a new year! You must be so so excited!! You will hang around though won't you?! Obviously when things settle down a bit :P But would miss your cheery self if you vanished into wedded bliss!! :D

Besides - you have to be around so I can invite you to my Vegas wedding sometime next summer :lol:

LOL :D Aren´t you cheeky? You are NOT having a wedding in summer :P You gotta have the winter one :P I still believe you get your visa in time :thumbs:

Yeah I am not planning on disappearing ;)

Thanks everybody for your congratulations :D

Haha - I totally can't see it happening to be honest but who knows... *sigh* Just feeling pretty dejected at the moment - prolly just need a kick up the backside :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

no, no kicks, just a *hug*

you're doing so well, J, specially being so genuinely happy for others when you must feel down sometimes... don't think it's not noticed :)

congratulations on everything, Marta! I'm so glad it went so well... just so very very glad for you :)

it all starts now :D

new life... here you come excited.gif

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Maybe I'm the new Ramzis... trying to exude patience and happiness for everyone else while feeling like I am crying inside... Maybe I moan a bit more about it all than they did though ;)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.