trailmix

Oh Christmas Tree

70 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Here's mine. :dance:

Wow jodee and lori, those are both very pretty and different. That's another wonderful thing about Christmas trees, two very different trees can both be lovely!

I see you both have gifts wrapped already, that's really good, ours are still in the spare room looking for an elf or someone to wander by and wrap them up.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, here is our tree!!

Christmas-Tree-010.jpg

Christmas-Tree-001.jpg

aww hon!!!!!!! It's SO beautiful!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!

I haven't taken a pic yet, I forgot I had a hair appointment this afternoon, I just got home awhile ago.

I'll upload it soon.

Your tree is to die for...so lovely!!!!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Thanks Laura!

Now where is your tree <_<

Trees we need trees!!

OH #######! LOL I forgot!

Doh...must find batteries for my camera!

LOL

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
Yahoo! a picture! Your tree is very cute, the decorations at the front, the santa and nutcracker look like heirlooms, are they family treasures or just look that way?

Thanks, trailmix. And no, those are Target special stocking holders :) The ornaments are for the most part all homemade either by me or the kids. I didn't break out the fancy ones this year. Besides, I love the ones the kids make, even though my son is embarrassed! He's 16.

Everyone's trees are LOVELY.

I don't dig the upside down ones either. It's just so....not normal.

Post Laura, post!

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

trail,..that tree is Gorgeousssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!, with capital G!!

I know it was hard to see on my tree, but I love the gold at Christmas too, and every ornnament, has some element of gold on it, or is primarily gold, the one exception, is the four hand made baubles with our names on them, that were made in Poland...My favourite are the lil gold angels , that are gold frame, and made with translucent Mother of pearl,...so the lights glow through them, and ....the clear ones made here in Germany,..

lets see if i can get the pic up right this time,.. oh and my tree, actually doesnt have any blank spots with no lights like it looks like in my previous pic,..i think it was just the way the branches were that day,..after i saw the pic, I did some readjusting,...it's funny the things you dont notice until you take a pic,..

december2007098.jpg

Jodee

edited for early moring typos....lol

Edited by jodee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Filed: Timeline
Here's mine. :dance:

Wow jodee and lori, those are both very pretty and different. That's another wonderful thing about Christmas trees, two very different trees can both be lovely!

I see you both have gifts wrapped already, that's really good, ours are still in the spare room looking for an elf or someone to wander by and wrap them up.

Thanks! And I agree; lovely tree Jodee!

Well, there's a bit more under there now - that was taken two weeks ago haha

Hope you find an elf soon. :lol:

Ok, here is our tree!!

Christmas-Tree-010.jpg

Christmas-Tree-001.jpg

Ohhhhhhhhhh gorgeous! :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks Lori, I did mean to say your tree was lovely too,.....I dont get very Christmassy, no lights outside and the such, but I do appreciate the work people put into their Christmas trees, it really is a true expression of who they are,...

Edited by jodee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Timeline
Thanks Lori, I did mean to say your tree was lovely too,.....I dont get very Christmassy, no lights outside and the such, but I do appreciate the work people put into their Christmas trees, it really is a true expression of who they are,...

No outdoor lights for us either, my contribution to the street lights is 1 string of stars in the front window, you can almost see the look on the neighbours faces <_<

Lovely decorations jodee! Yeah I changed all of them about 3 years ago and decided I would only buy decorations that I found interesting. I think you probably can't see any of the decorations in the picture but in person they are visible haha

Also what is the story with tinsel the last few years, it's so hard to find? I did find some a couple of years ago and have this one package left, but it seems to be a rare commodity, has anyone else found this?

I'm waiting for my batteries to recharge...lol

I promise I'll get my tree posted before Christmas!!! LOL

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

That's quite alright, I wasn't looking for a compliment. :lol:

Thanks!

I have ribbon lights on the house and twinkle lights on the porch. I loves me some decorations! :lol:

trailmix, I've noticed that too. I put tinsel on my doorways inside the house. Thankfully I have preserved them for about 7 years!

Laura - :lol:

Timeline

Thanks!

I have ribbon lights on the house and twinkle lights on the porch. I loves me some decorations! :lol:

trailmix, I've noticed that too. I put tinsel on my doorways inside the house. Thankfully I have preserved them for about 7 years!

I mean the tinsel you put on the tree, the thin stuff. I know which one you are talking about though, because my Husband bought 2 the other day! The kind where it's the dangling tinsel all connected at the top?? If so, we have it here! He didn't realize when he bought it that it was that type - no way to know since the top was covered and it didn't say. Do you use silver? I could send you some!

Thanks!

I mean the tinsel you put on the tree, the thin stuff. I know which one you are talking about though, because my Husband bought 2 the other day! The kind where it's the dangling tinsel all connected at the top?? If so, we have it here! He didn't realize when he bought it that it was that type - no way to know since the top was covered and it didn't say. Do you use silver? I could send you some!

Oh you mean icycles! :lol: I have some at home. Not sure if we're talking about the same thing. There might be different types of tinsel. :lol:

*edit to add* thanks for the offer! How sweet of you! (F)

Edited by LoriLawless

Timeline

Thanks!

Oh you mean icycles! :lol: I have some at home. Not sure if we're talking about the same thing. There might be different types of tinsel. :lol:

*edit to add* thanks for the offer! How sweet of you! (F)

Yes the icicles you drape on the tree, exactly!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.