trailmix

Oh Christmas Tree

70 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So I now have my Christmas tree up - not decorated mind you, but it is sitting there. Anyway, I thought it would be nice to see the trees - so maybe you can post a pic here of your tree, or your Christmas pics or if you don't celebrate Christmas you can post a pic, say, of you making dinner, or whatever takes your fancy.

I'll post this now since this is a photo thread and I feel I should post something to get it started - my amazing tree:

xmastree.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Nice tree. :thumbs:

We're not going to have a tree this year because we're going to Canada. :(:) But here's a picture of my poinsettia from last year.... out in the garden after a morning rain.

'

Wow that's pretty krikit! Maybe we will be in Florida by next xmas (if we don't decide to stay in Nebraska for a year) - I intend to decorate a palm tree in celebration!

Filed: Timeline
Nice tree. :thumbs:

We're not going to have a tree this year because we're going to Canada. :(:) But here's a picture of my poinsettia from last year.... out in the garden after a morning rain.

'

Wow that's pretty krikit! Maybe we will be in Florida by next xmas (if we don't decide to stay in Nebraska for a year) - I intend to decorate a palm tree in celebration!

That's exciting that you're moving to Florida! I'm going to decorate my palms next Christmas. (Trees that is. :lol: ) I'm going to hit all the sales after Christmas and buy everything I need for next year. (One of the biggest reasons why I only have a poinsettia this year.... I don't want to pay full price for something I can get for 50-75% off in a few weeks. miser. lol)

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No tree for us either :(

We waited too late and we'll be packing up and heading to Atlanta next weekend.. not enough time to justify cutting down a pretty tree!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Even though we will be in CT for Christmas, hubby HAD to have a tree .... so we got one on Sunday. I was pushing for a nice little potted tree that we could plant in our backyard after, but honestly, when we saw them, they did look too much like a Charlie Brown tree ... so I gave in to hubby's wish for a nice big tree. We haven't decorated yet though ... maybe tonight.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline
Even though we will be in CT for Christmas, hubby HAD to have a tree .... so we got one on Sunday. I was pushing for a nice little potted tree that we could plant in our backyard after, but honestly, when we saw them, they did look too much like a Charlie Brown tree ... so I gave in to hubby's wish for a nice big tree. We haven't decorated yet though ... maybe tonight.

Autumnchick, I get such a kick out of our lives.. it seems if you are in the STate of CT - we're outta here!! :) tee hee.. I hope you have a great time at "home"!!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Autumnchick, I get such a kick out of our lives.. it seems if you are in the STate of CT - we're outta here!! :) tee hee.. I hope you have a great time at "home"!!

I know!!!! I swear, we really will connect one of these times!!! LOL

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline

We don't have an inside tree either, even though we will be here for the first Christmas in our own home (last year was in Canada, the two years before that we were in Texas). We discussed it, but since we would have to buy or make all of the ornaments and we have the cats as well, we figured we would do without. We did have a small table top living tree 3 years ago which we planted in the back yard come Spring so I guess we have a "Christmas Tree" all year around. I did decorate the pear tree out in the front yard with hanging ornaments and - yes, a fake partridge!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
We don't have an inside tree either, even though we will be here for the first Christmas in our own home (last year was in Canada, the two years before that we were in Texas). We discussed it, but since we would have to buy or make all of the ornaments and we have the cats as well, we figured we would do without. We did have a small table top living tree 3 years ago which we planted in the back yard come Spring so I guess we have a "Christmas Tree" all year around. I did decorate the pear tree out in the front yard with hanging ornaments and - yes, a fake partridge!

And where is the picture of the tree and said partridge? :)

We live in a Jewish household - alas, not even a Hanukkah bush. :lol:

My sister-in-law has one up which I helped decorate, no pictures though. :(

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Timeline
We live in a Jewish household - alas, not even a Hanukkah bush. :lol:

My sister-in-law has one up which I helped decorate, no pictures though. :(

No Hanukkah decorations?

It's tough getting a decorations thread going here people :lol:

Timeline

I wish I could upload some pics, but I don't have a digital cam yet...maybe if I hint enough at my hubby, he'll pick me up one for Christmas :whistle:

So far, we have a little Charlie Brown Christmas tree up (it's about 12 inches...we're moving in about 2 weeks, so buying a big tree didn't seem worth the effort/moula right now,) and also I strung some mini stockings up along the hearth, and we have a nice wreath on our front door. I went out today for groceries and saw the cutest little mini stockings with basketballs on them (David loves basketball), so I just had to grab a couple of those too. Not that I'm at home to see all our decorations right now anyways, since I'm still waiting on Canada Post to deliver my visa :ranting:, but I plan on decorating some more as soon as I get back home:)

I'm sooo jealous of all you guys who have poinsettas. I would go out and get one, but I know for sure I'd kill it. I overwater everything, and all my plants have died on me so far. I guess that makes me a serial plant killer :blush:

Edited by Misty1979

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.