Jump to content

10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

My wife's GC expired yesterday May 15, 2018, we are not traveling or looking for a job or have DL to renew. We already have mailed our ROC package April 30, 2018 with Form i-751, received overnight May 1, 2018 Signed by: E BARR and now we're waiting for NOA.

 

Should we wait for NOA or go ahead and schedule an appt. to get I-551 stamp? and even if we schedule an appt. with the local USCIS Field office, is it guaranteed that they will give us I-551 stamp on valid passport? with our proof of delivery of i-751 package? or are they going to get my wife for departure process?  P.S. We just had our newborn baby 12 days ago.

 

Any insight/knowledge/advice is highly appreciate it.  Thank you!

Edited by ammali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ammali said:

Hi all,

My wife's GC expired yesterday May 15, 2018, we are not traveling or looking for a job or have DL to renew. We already have mailed our ROC package April 30, 2018 with Form i-751, received overnight May 1, 2018 Signed by: E BARR and now we're waiting for NOA.

 

Should we wait for NOA or go ahead and schedule an appt. to get I-551 stamp? and even if we schedule an appt. with the local USCIS Field office, is it guaranteed that they will give us I-551 stamp on valid passport? with our proof of delivery of i-751 package? or are they going to get my wife for departure process?  P.S. We just had our newborn baby 12 days ago.

 

Any insight/knowledge/advice is highly appreciate it.  Thank you!

I think you need the NOA 1 first 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you meant deportation process, it's definitely not the case. You don't need to worry about your wife's status, she is still a legal permanent resident even without proof of status in hand. You'll get your extension letter (Noa1) pretty soon. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, evapaula said:

If you meant deportation process, it's definitely not the case. You don't need to worry about your wife's status, she is still a legal permanent resident even without proof of status in hand. You'll get your extension letter (Noa1) pretty soon. 
 

She is not a legal permanent resident until her i751 is approved. However, with i-751 filed on time, her conditional residency is extended by one year for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, arken said:

She is not a legal permanent resident until her i751 is approved. However, with i-751 filed on time, her conditional residency is extended by one year for sure.

You are wrong. She was granted residency when she received her GC. The plastic card expired, not her status. She is removing conditions on her status, not applying for residency again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

I think you need the NOA 1 first 

 

9 minutes ago, missileman said:

I agree with @Dee elle.  Get the NOA1.

 

3 minutes ago, evapaula said:

If you meant deportation process, it's definitely not the case. You don't need to worry about your wife's status, she is still a legal permanent resident even without proof of status in hand. You'll get your extension letter (Noa1) pretty soon. 
 

Thank you all for the advice!  We will wait for the NOA, we were afraid that if we go to the local USCIS Field office with expired GC they will get us in deportation process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ammali said:

 

 

Thank you all for the advice!  We will wait for the NOA, we were afraid that if we go to the local USCIS Field office with expired GC they will get us in deportation process.

OMG no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, evapaula said:

You are wrong. She was granted residency when she received her GC. The plastic card expired, not her status. She is removing conditions on her status, not applying for residency again. 

That makes sense! The plastic card expired, not her status.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×