msscarlette

Report of Marriage & New Passport in Washington DC

42 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, Lillo528 said:

Thanks for the info. I hope processing it in DC would be as painless as your experience in NY.

What ID did she bring? I only have a PSA birth certificate with my maiden name and the Marriage cert. My GC have my married name.

I think that is all she had as well, Maybe she had a professional license as well

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone, 

i just want to ask a question.

I already filed a Report Of Marriage and received a document that says “after approximately six(6) months, you may order an authenticated copy of this marriage certificate”.And then they gave me the website where I need to order the marriage certificate.

My question is do I need to get the authenticated marriage certificate to renew my Philippine Passport and Change to Married Name?

Cause I don’t know what document should I bring to Washington D.C to change my single name to married name for my Philippine Pasport.

Thank you!

I really appreciate for the helpful answer. 😃😃

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:10 PM, msscarlette said:

Does anyone have any experience going to the Philippine Embassy in Washington DC? I wanted to file a Report of Marriage and apply for a new passport using my married name. Would it be possible to do it in one day? Thanks in advance!

There are outreach meetings but I see your so close that outreach may not go to the B city. We just recently went to Norfolk VA which was convenient for us and besides it has a Jollibee's :lol: that my step son want to go to.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, M.Strange said:

Hi everyone, 

i just want to ask a question.

I already filed a Report Of Marriage and received a document that says “after approximately six(6) months, you may order an authenticated copy of this marriage certificate”.And then they gave me the website where I need to order the marriage certificate.

My question is do I need to get the authenticated marriage certificate to renew my Philippine Passport and Change to Married Name?

Cause I don’t know what document should I bring to Washington D.C to change my single name to married name for my Philippine Pasport.

Thank you!

I really appreciate for the helpful answer. 😃😃

You can used the copy of the registered document that was returned to you from completing ROM   (it is the same document copy you will get from PSA if you ordered one)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
8 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

There are outreach meetings but I see your so close that outreach may not go to the B city. We just recently went to Norfolk VA which was convenient for us and besides it has a Jollibee's :lol: that my step son want to go to.

Yeah I already check the outreach when I got my approval for ROM but it’s already full and they not posted yet when they gonna have the outreach again here at Jacksonville,

3 hours ago, Hank_ said:

You can used the copy of the registered document that was returned to you from completing ROM   (it is the same document copy you will get from PSA if you ordered one)

I see! Thank you very much, this help me a lot! 👍

Timeline
On 4/16/2018 at 12:55 AM, doggieandsam said:

Hi! I did mine just last week and yes it is possible to finish them both in one day. In early april during the spring break, it was very busy so people who went during that time couldn't finish both in one day but things are back to normal now so you should be good. I arrived at 12noon and finished at about 3.30pm. Obviously, the earlier you arrive, the higher chances of getting all your business done in one day. It says processing of all non-passport business inc ROM starts from 12.30 only but don't let that deter you, I have seen people being processed way before that.

Some tips:

- The ROM form needs to be signed by both you and your husband on site. Otherwise, then you sign it before a notary and bring the notarized version to the embassy.

- The ROM application needs to be in 4 sets. Four originals of the ROM needs to be signed / notarized plus 4 copies of every supporting document. Check the embassy website for details.

- If the proof of US status that you are presenting is just the Notice of Action, then bring 4 copies of that, plus 4 copies of the K1 visa stamped on your passport.

- Bring 2 copies of each document required for the passport renewal.

- Did I mention bring extra copies of everything? There is a pay-to-use copier at the embassy but the lines can be long and it jams.

- Bring cash. They do not accept credit cards.

- No food is available or allowed inside. Eat before going.

- No free parking. Paid street parking is available but very limited. You can only pre-pay up to the max hours allowed (which is i think 1-2 hours, i'm not sure) so you may need to step out to top it up. Meter maids abound in the area so you will get fined quickly if your ticket lapses. Beware of parking illegally too as towing is strictly enforced. Farragut North and Farragut West metros are walking distance (about 10 mins).

- When you get to the area, the embassy is easy to spot but don't go there. Go to the consular building which is a smaller building directly across the street. Look for the flag outside it.

You do your ROM first, so upon arrival, proceed to window #3 and write your name on the clipboard there. They will call you once its your turn. They will check your documents and make sure you have everything required and then they'll tell you to wait for the cashier to call your name for the payment of $25. Then after that, you wait a while until they release your approved ROM. It took mine 2 hours. Once they release it, they will call you, give you your signed / annotated copy and then they pass you on to the passport officer and election officer who will then process your passport renewal and voter registration.

Passport renewal is quick and straightforward. The passport officer checks and receives all your documents, then you wait for the cashier to call your name for payment, then you wait for the biometrics person to call you for biometrics processing. The election officer on the other hand will just have you fill out a registration form and that's about it.

We're you able to get your old passport back after the renewal application same day? Thanks

4 minutes ago, LunarGazer said:

We're you able to get your old passport back after the renewal application same day? Thanks

No. You do not get the passport back the same day. You can expect at least 4 weeks.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

No. You do not get the passport back the same day. You can expect at least 4 weeks.

Okay thank you. Old passport and new passport will come together? 

On 8/12/2018 at 8:12 AM, LunarGazer said:

Not quite. By default they will retain your old passport when you do the renewal process. As far as I know, once your new passport is ready, they do return the old passport to you (but in a "cancelled"state). But the wait for the new passport is approx 4 weeks and I really did not want to be without a passport during that time.

So what I did was ask the processing officer if I could retain my old passport in the meantime and they agreed. They just had me fill out some kind of  release form. And then when I went to collect my new passport, I brought my old one with me. They cancelled that and gave it back to me and also gave me my new one.

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello there regarding with ROM. Can i do that when I already have my green card? ( i am on my AOS process as of now  waiting for interview schedule ) And if ever my philippine passport will be expired on year 2020 can I renew it by next year? ( April 2019 and planning to file ROM on the same month to save time going to Chicago ) 

44 minutes ago, Jemilyn said:

Hello there regarding with ROM. Can i do that when I already have my green card? ( i am on my AOS process as of now  waiting for interview schedule ) And if ever my philippine passport will be expired on year 2020 can I renew it by next year? ( April 2019 and planning to file ROM on the same month to save time going to Chicago ) 

If you can do renew it and do the ROM at the same time then that is great. 

You can do the ROM at any time. It is only a Philippine requirement to do that in order to get a passport in your married name. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Jemilyn said:

You can file ROM by mail.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.