hiho

I am a green card holder who is traveling, my fiancé is foreigner and I am pregnant. Can my fiancé live in US?

8 posts in this topic

Currently I’m traveling in Egypt and I got pregnant with my fiancé’s baby. We are planning to go back to US around March. I cannot think of having and raising my baby without him, is there a way he can stay in US? I was also thinking of applying for citizenship so He can get a green card. If I do that will he be allowed to stay in US while he is waiting for the green card? 

Does he already have an approved petition? How far in the process is he? As the spouse of an LPR he must wait until his priority date becomes current. Is it possible that his visa could be approved before March? Depends on when his priority date is. Your poor planning or lifestyle choices (whichever is the reason for the pregnancy) are of no concern to USCIS and do not grant him any special privileges. It takes as long as it takes. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

14 minutes ago, JFH said:

Does he already have an approved petition? How far in the process is he? As the spouse of an LPR he must wait until his priority date becomes current. Is it possible that his visa could be approved before March? Depends on when his priority date is. Your poor planning or lifestyle choices (whichever is the reason for the pregnancy) are of no concern to USCIS and do not grant him any special privileges. It takes as long as it takes. 

he fiance of green card holder.  not spouse.  so no petition file yet.

Edited by BuiQuang

10 minutes ago, BuiQuang said:

he fiance of green card holder.  not spouse.  so no petition file yet.

Ah yes...too early for me and I misread that. I thought they were married (don't know why I assumed that...)

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Please do not take this the wrong way / just pointing out a problem

Seriously?

In a muslim country and pregnant?

As Americans it may be hard to understand the real difference in cultures

but in Morocco as in all Islamic countries if the man sleeps with a woman he is not married to, he can go to jail

if the woman is pregnant and he does not marry her, real jail time

and disgrace the man's family

have u thought to marry while there?

one of our members here got pregnant in Morocco with financee's baby

she returned to the US and filed an K1 / and he did not follow thru with the K1 as his mother would disown him if he did  when the mother found out about the little boy

VJ member told him to choose between her and his son and the mother

he chose his mom

Green card holder can't petition fiance. Only spouses. The spouses cannot wait in the US. Process take a about 2 years and you as a sponsor need US domicile. Pregnancy or babies don't matter when it comes to expedite. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Bringing Family of PR, from K1 Progress Reports- The OP is a permanent resident and will need to follow this path.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.