Murph4865

Afford to travel

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

When I was first introduced to my wife, I had a lot of vacation saved up. After visiting her and finding out that we would like to moved forward with our relationship, I basically just saved all my vacation time/money to visit her. I cut back a lot of my monthly "BS" expenses.

I personally could not send a monthly stipend to someone/family as I've grown up in this culture. I don't mind helping here and there, but it becomes an entitlement once you start in my opinion (the whole Americans are rich).

As someone said before, they were able to survive prior to meeting you. I'm not saying it doesn't work out for folks who agree to this arrangement, but I personally couldn't do it. I have enough to worry about with a family including our two children and a dog.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Our biggest expensive was not necessarily traveling to see one another before we married (that was about $800/trip), it is traveling with our whole family back to visit.  It is one of those burdens of having a multi-national family that I don't enjoy.  How we afford it?  We don't get to vacation anywhere else and we do stupid things, like drive 5 hours one way to an airport where the tickets are 60% of the cost.

Right now costs to travel are about $1400-1500 per person (airfare and other expenses).  We have a family of 4 going on 5 and maybe 6 some day.

There is added expensive of losing a week or more of pay because my husband only gets one paid vacation week a year.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

• 4 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

we dont have an ocean to deal with, but he is in canada and im in southern virginia (US). he drives down every 3 weeks for a long weekend. both our employers know the deal and dont question the sometimes vast amounts of time we both take off lol

i prefer to fly, its about $500ish from RDU to Toronto, but ive driven it too (12-14 hour trip, depending on traffic/ weather/ etc). i flew up there... 4 or 5 times last year.

I would not be in a LDR where visiting in person was not feasible or able to be afforded by either of us. but thats just me. my boss only met his wife once. she was in canada too (via Thailand or...someplace) but.... maybe they didnt have the resources to travel? i dont know. I dont talk to him about it often but it does explain why he lets me do what i want ;) ) lol

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1