73 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 11/14/2017 at 4:46 PM, Mano said:

i hv seen many people who put on AP and all of them get approved the best thing is that they took passport so hope for the best.

my question is that dose everyone hv to submit that form? before or after the interview?

Most people are given the DS5535 but not all individuals receive it. It all depends on the person conducting your interview. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Mia12392 said:

Most people are given the DS5535 but not all individuals receive it. It all depends on the person conducting your interview. 

Thanks! did u got any update on ur case?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2017 at 2:11 AM, Mia12392 said:

My husband had his interview on 08/28/201 and everything was perfect from our end. We didn't have any missing documents. my husband was required to fill out a new form DS5535 (new vetting process) 3 days after our interview. I checked my email and saw we had to fill out the form and send it back to the embassy. Ever since that day we have been waiting for my husbands visa to be issued. 

I AM IN SAME SITUATION TOO. MY INTERVIEW WAS MONTH AGO. EVEN MY WIFE ATTEND WITH ME TOO. I HAD ALMOST EVERYTHING. VO HAD NOTHING TO REJECT RELATED TO DOCUMENTS. AT END HE SAID HE WILL SEND ME FEW QUESTION LIST PROBABLY KNOW AS DS-5535 BY EMAIL WHICH I RECEIVED AFTER 5 DAYS. FILLED AND SENT SAME DAY AND ITS ALMOST MONTH NOTHING CASE UPDATE YET. INSHALLAH WE ALL WILL GET VISA SOON.

On 11/15/2017 at 2:11 AM, Mia12392 said:

My husband had his interview on 08/28/201 and everything was perfect from our end. We didn't have any missing documents. my husband was required to fill out a new form DS5535 (new vetting process) 3 days after our interview. I checked my email and saw we had to fill out the form and send it back to the embassy. Ever since that day we have been waiting for my husbands visa to be issued. 

VO TOOK YOUR HUSBAND PASSPORT OR NOT? HE TOOK MINE

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I was interviewed in Aug 2017 and still in Administrative Processing . Today I found out that one of my phone numbers in questionnaire is wrong number due to mis-typing in a digit ( Section phone numbers in last 15 years). Also I wrote my mother birthday wrongly. Do you have this experience,  what should I do? thanks!

Timeline
On 12/2/2017 at 9:37 AM, houman-h said:

I was interviewed in Aug 2017 and still in Administrative Processing . Today I found out that one of my phone numbers in questionnaire is wrong number due to mis-typing in a digit ( Section phone numbers in last 15 years). Also I wrote my mother birthday wrongly. Do you have this experience,  what should I do? thanks!

•  

I wrote my husbands email address incorrectly. They didn't say anything. However when I sent an inquiry to my embassy (Islamabad) 3 weeks ago they stated that my form  was reviewed and accepted for my visa application, but my husbands case is still under administrative process. His interview was on 08/28/2017. Its been 96 days and no luck :(

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mia12392 said:

I wrote my husbands email address incorrectly. They didn't say anything. However when I sent an inquiry to my embassy (Islamabad) 3 weeks ago they stated that my form  was reviewed and accepted for my visa application, but my husbands case is still under administrative process. His interview was on 08/28/2017. Its been 96 days and no luck :(

Hoping he get his visa soon!

They grab my passport at interview day and C/O told me they will issue my visa after administrative processing but I’m  still waiting for update.

I don’t know I must inform them about my mis-typing in form or not.

Timeline
Just now, houman-h said:

Hoping he get his visa soon!

They grab my passport at interview day and C/O told me they will issue my visa after administrative processing but I’m  still waiting for update.

I don’t know I must inform them about my mis-typing in form or not.

you can but i don't think it will make a big difference. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mia12392 said:

Just be patient. we have been waiting for 96 days since our interview in 08/282017. The VO took my husbands passport. 

one of my family friends 5 members got their visa exactly after four months of AP. I wish u here something positive very soon.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mano said:

one of my family friends 5 members got their visa exactly after four months of AP. I wish u here something positive very soon.

Ameen. Thank you! it's been more than 3 months so inshallah waiting for my 4th month. :)

Hello there, I hope your case has been resolved. If not it is really nothing to be worried about. I went through the same thing during my visa process 4 years ago, but it was resolved in less than 2 weeks.

Administrative processing is used to verify that the individual(s) involved pose no threat to the United States. 

If your name or something about your profile matches the record of anyone the US considers a threat, they put you on hold to confirm that you are in no way related to such person or event.

I believe the process should take a few weeks but its usually less than 60 days according to their website.

If you need more help, you can contact me here: olu (@) noabros.com

Hope you have a great time in the US!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.