Daveadams903

HELP i-751 running out of time

19 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

So this is the deal; My second year anniversary is August 24th 2017; I thought 90 days before the 24th was June 24th  I do not know what the hell was I thinking I just realized is May 24th. I'm just really confused on the window I have to send out my package. Does it have to arrived before the 24th or After or how does it work.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

You're not running out of time. You can file any time between May 24th and August 24th, although it's advisable submitting your i-751 package soon after May 24th than waiting until the deadline.

NOTE: Do not file before May 24th. They will simply return your package and tell you that you filed too early.

EDIT: Also, the window is 90 days, not 3 months. Count the individual days before August 24th to arrive at 90. I suspect the window opens May 25th, not May 24th.

Edited by Russ&Caro

Give me a couple of hours and ill upload my package for you to use as a guide!!! 

I submitted it last week. 

I submitted mine the date before deadline so I understand the pressure! 

You guys are the best! I thought it had to be submitted before the 90 days! But it's within the 90 days! According to the calculator my earliest date would be may 26th! I'll send out the package may 26th.  Lilsadie: thank you very much! I'll be looking forward for your package!

thank you

11 minutes ago, Daveadams903 said:

You guys are the best! I thought it had to be submitted before the 90 days! But it's within the 90 days! According to the calculator my earliest date would be may 26th! I'll send out the package may 26th.  Lilsadie: thank you very much! I'll be looking forward for your package!

thank you

The USCIS normally send you a letter reminding you when you are eligible to file.

7 minutes ago, shell20 said:

The USCIS normally send you a letter reminding you when you are eligible to file.

They did send me a letter; Did not specify date tho. They only said it had to be within the 90 days of our anniversary date. This whole 90 days window thing is just so confusing.

1 minute ago, Daveadams903 said:

You should be fine with the calculator that will figure out the date for you.  Just be careful , as someone has said not to post the package early, even by one day else it will get returned to you.  

3 hours ago, Lemon23 said:

You can even use this calculator provided by the USCIS so you would know what day you will send your application:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/dateCalculator.html

Just for fun I thought I would confirm my date. (I know my date is Nov 24, 2017)  My GC date is 02/22/2016.  The caculator came back with 11/24/2015!  Something is a bit amiss with the caculator!

1 hour ago, NovaSprings said:

Just for fun I thought I would confirm my date. (I know my date is Nov 24, 2017)  My GC date is 02/22/2016.  The caculator came back with 11/24/2015!  Something is a bit amiss with the caculator!

You're supposed to put the anniversary date (in the future). So someone who's two-year conditional permanent resident card was issued on 02/22/2016 would be eligible to file for citizenship three years later minus ninety days, which is 11/24/2018.

5 hours ago, shell20 said:

I wouldn't rely on that.  There are many stories of people never receiving a reminder letter. Quite honestly, when my wife got her GC we put the ROC filing date on the calendar and started collecting evidence.

Good Luck!

1 minute ago, Bill & Katya said:

I wouldn't rely on that.  There are many stories of people never receiving a reminder letter. Quite honestly, when my wife got her GC we put the ROC filing date on the calendar and started collecting evidence.

Good Luck!

Yeah why does that not surprise me?

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.