HappyTogether11

Proof of dating site

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everybody,

I was reading somewhere that I need to provide some proof on which dating site I met my fiancee. Which details are they looking for? After I met her way over a year ago, I deleted that site and there is not anything left of my userID.

Also, any of you have any recent processing times for the whole K1 procedure from the USA? We were wondering if we could spend Christmas together here in the USA.

Thank you for all your information.

All you need to do is get the website to confirm that they aren't an IMB. Additionally, print out the website's TOS to go with the confirmation email from the website.

If you've already filed your I-129F and received your NOA1, your petition will be adjudicated in about 3 months. Thereafter, maybe another couple of months at the NVC and embassy level if you are approved by USCIS to proceed with a K-1. You might make it for Christmas but that's if there's no delay.

Edited by KULtoATL

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think it's more proof that the website you met on is t a marriage broker site. We did this by printing out the terms of service for the website. If you have your first few emails still you could submit those. 

Processing times vary by country but most are around six months so get started soon and if everything goes in your favor a Christmas get together may be possible. 

Timeline
38 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

All you need to do is get the website to confirm that they aren't an IMB. Additionally, print out the website's TOS to go with the confirmation email from the website.

Thank you for the quick reply and good luck to your petition, I see that the USCIS messed up already, that's not very conforting, hope that will not delay it too much.

DO you think she will be here before xmas?

4 minutes ago, HappyTogether11 said:

Thank you for the quick reply and good luck to your petition, I see that the USCIS messed up already, that's not very conforting, hope that will not delay it too much.

DO you think she will be here before xmas?

I'm the alien fiancée :D I certainly hope I can go be with my fiancé and get married by December. Long distance is not fun. 

Better get your paperwork ready and send it in soon if you want your fiance(e) there by Christmas! :yes:

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

Timeline
Just now, KULtoATL said:

I'm the alien fiancée :D I certainly hope I can go be with my fiancé and get married by December. Long distance is not fun. 

Better get your paperwork ready and send it in soon if you want your fiance(e) there by Christmas! :yes:

Very cool, I am from ATL also. Yes, we will get started with that process soon. Good luck to all of you.

Yes, long distance is not easy, but I am lucky and she is very patient and makes the wait time pass quickly.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

My wife and I met on a dating site.  You do not need to send any information about the dating site.   In your description of how you met on the I-129 form just state you met on a dating site and state which one.  That's all we did for our application and we did not get an RFE for it.  What seems to trip more people up here is the proof that you met in person.  For a K1 the required proof is that you met at least once in person in the last 2 years.  

You can look at the timeline information here to judge how long it will take to get your K1 based on the date you mail in your I129F.    http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?cfl=   This page is good for knowing about when you'll get your NOA2.  From there expect another 3-4 weeks to be able to schedule your interview at the Embassy and another 3-4 weeks after that to actually have your interview and then you can travel to the US.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ryan ChiaLien said:

My wife and I met on a dating site.  You do not need to send any information about the dating site.   In your description of how you met on the I-129 form just state you met on a dating site and state which one.  That's all we did for our application and we did not get an RFE for it.  What seems to trip more people up here is the proof that you met in person.  For a K1 the required proof is that you met at least once in person in the last 2 years.  

You can look at the timeline information here to judge how long it will take to get your K1 based on the date you mail in your I129F.    http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?cfl=   This page is good for knowing about when you'll get your NOA2.  From there expect another 3-4 weeks to be able to schedule your interview at the Embassy and another 3-4 weeks after that to actually have your interview and then you can travel to the US.

Very cool, thank you. That will help me schedule my trip to pick her up.

4 minutes ago, HappyTogether11 said:

Very cool, I am from ATL also. Yes, we will get started with that process soon. Good luck to all of you.

Yes, long distance is not easy, but I am lucky and she is very patient and makes the wait time pass quickly.

It's so good to see another ATL couple here!

Make sure you double check everything before shipping it to the Dallas Lockbox or Lewisville mailroom facility. Sign what needs to be signed. Include the revised fee of $535. If you want to receive e-notification, don't forget to attach the G-1145.

Update your VJ timeline and you can check your case status on myUSCIS (you can sign up for an account) after getting the receipt number in your NOA1. 

Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys :dance:

Timeline
1 minute ago, KULtoATL said:

It's so good to see another ATL couple here!

Make sure you double check everything before shipping it to the Dallas Lockbox or Lewisville mailroom facility. Sign what needs to be signed. Include the revised fee of $535. If you want to receive e-notification, don't forget to attach the G-1145.

Update your VJ timeline and you can check your case status on myUSCIS (you can sign up for an account) after getting the receipt number in your NOA1. 

Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys :dance:

That's really good info. I will just let RapidVisa do all the work, I am not good with paperwork.

15 minutes ago, Ryan ChiaLien said:

No offense but some people actually got a RFE when stating that they met online via some dating site without advance evidence of the site not being an IMB. You got lucky and that's great :)

2 minutes ago, HappyTogether11 said:

That's really good info. I will just let RapidVisa do all the work, I am not good with paperwork.

I was tempted to get my fiancé to use RapidVisa but I ended up doing it myself because I'm very OCD :lol:

How's your experience with them so far?

Timeline
1 minute ago, KULtoATL said:

I was tempted to get my fiancé to use RapidVisa but I ended up doing it myself because I'm very OCD :lol:

How's your experience with them so far?

I filled out the online questionnaire but have not submitted yet as I am waiting on my divorce papers. I will update this soon I hope.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
18 minutes ago, HappyTogether11 said:

Very cool, thank you. That will help me schedule my trip to pick her up.

Do NOT schedule your tickets before visa in hand. Unless you are prepared to be out the money from the tickets. MANY people here have written about that mistake. 

You can use the guides here without rapid visa. They can be pricy and unless you have special circumstances you can do everything on your own. 

2 minutes ago, HappyTogether11 said:

I filled out the online questionnaire but have not submitted yet as I am waiting on my divorce papers. I will update this soon I hope.

That's all good. Which county are you in? I've got a question about marriage certificate since you are from ATL. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.