1 post in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hello all

I got another complicated situation going on. I have called the USCIS "help"line a couple of times, but no one seemed to know a proper solution.

My situation is the following:

My 485 is scheduled for an interview since 12/14, but I don't have an interview date yet. My EAD and AP are pending (should get approved by 01/03).

Currently I live in Florida, but as of February 13th I will start working in Alaska until June. I will be moving the 1st of February from Florida to Alaska.

The problem is, I can't change my address. The job is a contract, travel position and I need to keep my residence in another state for tax and permit reasons. So basically I need to keep my official residence in Florida for 4 months. Only if I decide to stay after those four months are up I can officially change my address to Alaska.

I am getting worried that my interview will be scheduled while I am away. The trip back to Florida just for the interview takes too long and is too expensive so that is no option. Changing my address to have my file transferred to the local Alaska office is no option either since I need to keep my address in Florida.

I could ask for a rescheduling of my interview, but what if they reschedule it for a date I am still in Alaska? Or if they don't accept it as a valid reason?

I have booked an INFOPASS appointment on January 9th to explain the whole situation in person and I am hoping that they could schedule an interview appointment for me on the spot. But I guess this is idle hope. Has anyone else here tried this? Or has anyone had a similar experience to mine?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

AOS from VWP

10/04/16: Package (I485, I130, I765, I131) sent to Chicago Lockbox via Priority USPS

10/05/16: NOA1 Package received

10/18/16: Hard copies received

10/26/16: Appointment letter for Biometrics

11/01/16: RFIE: birth certificate joint sponsor missing

11/08/16: Biometrics

11/22/16: RFIE received

12/14/16: I485 Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

12/19/16: Service request for I765 (day 76)

12/23/16: Letter in mail stating that I765 is within normal processing times

01/03/17: EAD card in production (day 91) later changed to Case Approved

01/03/17: I131 AP case approved

01/06/17: Card has been mailed (day 94)

01/11/17: Card in hand :jest: (day 99)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.