Gul2015

Police Certificate for Pakistan??

4 posts in this topic

Hi all! I'm really confused on this whole Police Certificate issue for Pakistan.Looking at the Islamabad Embassy website it clearly states that we don't require one but when I search on VJ their are completely mixed opinions. :huh: I haven't received the NVC welcome letter so dont have a checklist specific for our case. Can anyone please tell me what their personal experiences has been and if they did not provide one did they receive a checklist or did the embassy request to get one made at the interview? I wanna gauge if it is compulsory only then will I go through the hassle of getting it made. Anyone in Pakistan knows how hard it is to get these kind of documents. So any personal experience, preferably recently,will be very appreciated. :idea:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

NVC Welcome Letter would list Police Certificate as one of the documents required, as far as I know. But I also believe the welcome letter is generic. DOS website clearly states PCC is not required in Pakistan. And I do not plan on getting it either. But I havent gone through the immigration process so far so I cant share personal experience.

But I do agree with you that many people from Pakistan get it anyways. I dont think it adds much to the case. I feel like it was a requirement in the past and as you know, old habits die hard.

Come join the Scan Date to Case Complete thread. To be added to the Scan Date to Case Complete spreadsheet, simply post your Scan Date and/or Case Complete date in the thread. You will be added to the spreadsheet which is available now.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/592291-scan-date-to-case-complete-spreadsheet/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bLgqeV5tr9zHOSY5IqtYn3RURVO3C0iMBGVwUviVruk/edit#gid=0

Please read the reciprocity table on the NVC website for information about why PCC for Pakistan is not needed.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.