MS and KK

Security-Privacy Affidavid of Support Information

13 posts in this topic

Im wondering if it is possble to share the documents you need without compromising privacy and security.

I am a bit concerned about the fact that in the chain of custody of my information via postal services etc I've shared a copy of my birth certificate, tax info (including my social security number) my home address bank account and asset information etc. they have copies of my passport pages and photo you name it.

I am not concern about my fiance having these documents but what about if mail is "reviewed" in country before it is delivered to him or if it "disappears" in route etc.

Is there a way to share appropriate documents and de-identifying some of this info example: having my address but deleting the home address and keeping the city name, state, adding SSI but only the last four numbers..

Some countries respect a level of privacy some countries/people would love to have acces to this information.

Is anyone esle concerned about this? Does anyone know if this is possible

Thanks for any help!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Short answer is no. Redacted forms aren't acceptable.

Use FedEx, UPS, etc. if you want. It hasn't been an issue that I've seen in my years walking the VisaJourney halls.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

wow very interesting, its like crickets here. Thanks for your reply but I can't be the only person here that is concerned about this.

Very very weird. I guess yet another reason to say that the US govt does not care about its citizens going thru this process. With all the data breeches we are just giving it away for free.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Libya
Timeline

Your mail goes through customs but it isn't going to be opened. There isn't any way around it except hand delivering it.

19-Sept-14: I-129F Delivered

23-Sept-14: NOA1 (I-797C ~ Texas Lockbox accepted I-129F)

24-Sept-14: NOA1 (E-mail & Text)

Sent to California Service Center

3-Nov-14: Requested expedite by mailed letter with UN Human Rights Reports (Humanitarian Situation)

14-Nov-14: NOA2 (I-129F Petition Approved ~ E-mail & Text)

1-Dec-14: NVC Received Case

2-Dec-14: NVC Case Number Assigned

9-Dec-14: Embassy Received

3-Feb-15: "Package 3" Received/Turned In

25-Feb-15: "Package 4" - Received Interview Date

19-Mar-15: Interview ~ Approved

27-Mar-15: Visa Issued

You can get tamper-evident envelopes and material + put them in another envelope. Nothing is 100% guaranteed, but at least you will know it has been opened. We have a system at work, where shipments are weighted, listed, packaged in box #1, repackaged in box#2, and locked with a different tamper-evident products - similar to some of those options:
http://tydenbrooks.com/seals-by-industry/transportation-cargo

It takes forever, but we can track what gets delivered, what is missing... what was seen.

Most large courier companies also offer a secure service; you will pay $$$ though. On the other end, many diamond merchants send their diamonds uninsured, so that they are not flagged as valuable and stolen.

Edited by Boston~Montreal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

OP, you are definately not being weird bcuz my co-sponsor was concerned about the same issue. But after all, the documents i wanted was sent Via Fedex and everything was safe. Only time your package may go through inspection, that is if, there are products in it, once its just papers no one will check to see what it is.

AOS Date Filed : 2015-05-27

Got rejection notice on May 29, 2015 for an incomplete application

Receive rejected application on June 6, 2015

Resubmit June 8, 2015

Delivered June 9, 2015

NOA Date : 2015-06-16

Bio. Appt. : 2015-07-06

EAD and AP Approved Date : 2015-08-14

Date Combo Card Received : 2015-08-21 (Received my card about 6hrs apart on the same day they sent an e-mail that they shipped my card).

Receive Potential Interview Waiver Letter: September 9, 2015 sigh!!
AOS Approved without interview 2015-10-08 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :star: 3 MONTHS AND 22 DAYS AFTER NOA1 (F)
(L)In God I Put My Trust :star:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

If you put "documents" on the customs deceleration they won't open it. Use a trusted shipping company like UPS or FedEx instead of normal mail.

I think a lot of people are concerned but since it's a requirement that they have all this info we don't really have a choice. Only other option is for you to fly to your fiance and bring the documents unfortunately.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

If you put "documents" on the customs deceleration they won't open it. Use a trusted shipping company like UPS or FedEx instead of normal mail.

I think a lot of people are concerned but since it's a requirement that they have all this info we don't really have a choice. Only other option is for you to fly to your fiance and bring the documents unfortunately.

Yep. Use FedEx. If the cost is a factor, then you really shouldn't be engaging in international relationships and immigration to the US.

It's very costly.

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

• 2 weeks later...

Barron:
Im not concerned (overly) about cost. And I really sincerely hope that a question about privacy and security and if I wanted to enter an international relationship given these issues. We live in a SMALL world I didn't go to a service or something, I happen to be a citizen of this small world and fell in love it didn't occur to me that I'd have to think about in of this. These issue are not mutually exclusive and honestly if you love someone that does not mean you completely loose your mind and throw alllllllll caution to the wind in the process. Please take better care of what you say in questioning a relationship because one could make similar comments back at you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Incorrect

I have had more than one Fed Ex opened up by US Customs and Immigration via Fed Ex on documents sent to me via Fed Ex

They actually leave you a note (Customs/Immigration) that your package was opened and searched

Timeline

Incorrect

I have had more than one Fed Ex opened up by US Customs and Immigration via Fed Ex on documents sent to me via Fed Ex

They actually leave you a note (Customs/Immigration) that your package was opened and searched

Yes, if they feel your package is suspicious then of course they will open it. Many people try to smuggle in stuff all the time, they need to check things.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, if they feel your package is suspicious then of course they will open it. Many people try to smuggle in stuff all the time, they need to check things.

Mine was only paperwork, I was a little shocked and pissed they opened it....

Timeline

Mine was only paperwork, I was a little shocked and pissed they opened it....

Well like I said, if they feel it's suspicious then yes they will check it. People even manage to smuggle stuff in with documents. It's their right to protect their country and what comes in.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.