oludy

K1 visa denial at the us consulate in lagos(221g)

60 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

You said you have a child on the form when the child was still unborn ?

Now that is born you of course have to but before it was born you didn't have to.

You have several red flags even though the CO mentioned just one.

1. Only one visit (usually won't work for Lagos, they want frequent visits)

2. Several pages of communication and 40 photos is not enough for Lagos

There is a very, very slim chance that your attorney or a senator could initiate a second interview while the case is still at the embassy.

Highly unlikely though but worth a try.

Once the petition is send back to USCIS it will expire ....no if's and but's about it and a lawyer can do nothing about it anymore.

Petitioner will then receive a letter after about 6 months from USCIS that says she can file again, you don't have to wait until you

receive it but can re file a K1 or get married and file a CR1.

I advice you to have a lawyer that has done Lagos petitions before or you may get disappointed.

Also gear up for expensive DNA testing to proof the child is truly yours, I would want to know that anyway if I were you, you don't know who

else your friend slept with.

Since it is a pattern in high fraud countries to temporarily pretend to be in a relationship with a USC and then dump them

to get the former lover to come over, the CO is of course thinking that and refused to issue the visa.

When did 'your friend' become pregnant ? When you had already met your fiance online or before you met her ONLINE ?

You said before you met her, not sure if you meant in person or online. That could complicate things even more.

Front load the next petition ! Include much more evidence and photos with your fiance and your family.

The more face to face real live visits the better, they don't care that she can't visit for this or that reason, they want to be

convinced that you are genuine, so convince them.

Edited by Ebunoluwa
Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

I agree with Boiler, her moving over to Nigeria until you are closer to being approved next time around is a good idea.

That would give you excellent evidence.

A Cr1 takes about 12-18 months currently and add to that the time you spend to straighten this mess out, it will probably be 2 years

before you would be together.

Spoiler

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We haven't see each other for 15 months already,we only communicate via whatsapp & phone like 3-4 days per week cos of our busy schedules. I think getting married here in Nigeria is the best solution based on all the comments i have read here. Thank you all for the advice.I am very grateful.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I was denied a fiancee visa 4 days ago at the US consulate in

Lagos,Nigeria despite having loads of evidence(40 Pictures,

several pages of email & whatsapp correspondence, visa &

stamps, boarding pass, ticket) that our relationship is genuine.A

lady who was a friend got pregnant for me a month before I met

my US citizen fiancee but we were not even dating not to talk of

being lovers.Infact, it was a big mistake and we don't I even see

eye to eye till date.I told my US fiancee about it from the very

first day that we met, she appreciated my honesty and took it in

good faith. As a truthful man that i have always been, I filled in

my DS 160 form that I have a child despite the fact that the child

was still unborn when my fiancee filed a k1 petition on my

behalf. To my surprise, the Consular officer picked on that and

told me he was refusing me a k1 visa cos I had a child from

another woman. Is that enough of a reason for k1 visa denial?

My fiancee wrote a strong-worded email to the US consulate

yesterday requesting that my case be reviewed but I'm not sure

they will respond to it. What can we do now? Should we refile or

wait till our case is returned to the uscis? We are already looking

into hiring an immigration attorney. Your candid response will

be appreciated. Thanks!

THE BEST THING TO DO NOW IS HIRE A LAWYER IMMEDIATELY. IS YOUR PETITION STILL IN LAGOS IF SO MAYBE YOU HIRING A LAWYER NOW MAY HELP WHILE STILL IN NIGERIA. I HAVE A LAWYER NOW BUT WAS MARRIED WHEN I FILED A K1 VISA BECAUSE I WAS TOLD MY MARRIAGE IN GHANA WOULDN'T BE ACCEPTED IN THE STATES BUT MY K1 WAS PUT ON A AP N SENT BACK TO THE STATES. MY LAWYER TOLD ME TO CONSIDERED THAT AS A DENIAL AND HE WOULD HELP ME FILE MY SPOUSAL SO THATS WHAT IM DOING NOW SO I SUGGEST A LAWYER.

Timeline

google deborah weber an immigration atty. from minnesota

ALSO FACEBOOK OR GOOGLE ALLAN S. LOLLY SAN DIEGO CALIFORNIA WELL 23+ YEARS IN ALL ASPECTS OF IMMIGRATION LAW.

Timeline

Thank you all for your contribution.My fiancee has only visited Nigeria once and she could stay just 5 days due to the nature of her work(customer service). The consular did not give that as a reason for my denial but that i have a baby mama with whom i have a child. What if my fiancee refile and include my son in the new petition? Will that clear the air? or Do we wait until our petition gets back to uscis and let our attorney respond to the reason of denial? I am so confused.

MY ADVICE IS TO GET MARRIED IN YOU COUNTRY AND SPEND AT LEAST TWO WEEKS TOGETHER AFTER MARRYING I VISIT MY HUSBAND TWICE N EACH TIME 30 days but my job understood

Timeline

THE BEST THING TO DO NOW IS HIRE A LAWYER IMMEDIATELY. IS YOUR PETITION STILL IN LAGOS IF SO MAYBE YOU HIRING A LAWYER NOW MAY HELP WHILE STILL IN NIGERIA. I HAVE A LAWYER NOW BUT WAS MARRIED WHEN I FILED A K1 VISA BECAUSE I WAS TOLD MY MARRIAGE IN GHANA WOULDN'T BE ACCEPTED IN THE STATES BUT MY K1 WAS PUT ON A AP N SENT BACK TO THE STATES. MY LAWYER TOLD ME TO CONSIDERED THAT AS A DENIAL AND HE WOULD HELP ME FILE MY SPOUSAL SO THATS WHAT IM DOING NOW SO I SUGGEST A LAWYER.

The lawyer was good for your case because you didn't understand the process.

OP does not require a lawyer at this time (except to try to request another interview before case gets returned and a senator can request that

for free.) It's not about the law but about spending more time together to overcome the red flags.

Money for a lawyer is better spend on a trip to visit and longer than a few days.

If they marry and file a CR1 then they can follow the guidelines here on VJ without a lawyer.

Spoiler

Timeline

Please quit typing in all caps - it means you're shouting.

first of all that's the way I type okay so the way I type shouldn't even be an issue here what the issue is here is to give some advice so thank you.

Timeline

The lawyer was good for your case because you didn't understand the process.

OP does not require a lawyer at this time (except to try to request another interview before case gets returned and a senator can request that

for free.) It's not about the law but about spending more time together to overcome the red flags.

Money for a lawyer is better spend on a trip to visit and longer than a few days.

If they marry and file a CR1 then they can follow the guidelines here on VJ without a lawyer.

but look at their situation if I was them I would hire a lawyer if they do the cr-1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

but look at their situation if I was them I would hire a lawyer if they do the cr-1

Lots of others have made that comment.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Lots of others have made that comment.

well I just thought I read early on where they said they were denied because the CO used the baby as a denial for them idk maybe I read wrong.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The K1 was a hopeless case.

With or without the very best lawyer.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.